"Tamaskan" Puppy Scam in India

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
KuraiSen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

"Tamaskan" Puppy Scam in India

Post by KuraiSen » Sat May 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Hey all,

I'm not sure where to put this, but I just found out that a puppy mill called Tegha Kennel in India (most Kennels are puppy mills here) is claiming to sell Tamaskan puppies here. This is an outright scam since the puppy is very clearly just a husky or husky/mal mix at most, and nowhere in the TDR did I find a single registered breeder in India. It seems these guys just Googled "dogs that look like wolves", sourced a husky puppy and slapped the name Tamaskan onto it.

https://livestock.teghakennel.com/produ ... -for-sale/

The more I read about this the more enraged I feel, and the sadder I feel for the poor sap who actually falls for this and gives their money to a con-artist like this.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: "Tamaskan" Puppy Scam in India

Post by Sylvaen » Sat May 04, 2019 2:05 pm

KuraiSen wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:49 pm
Hey all,

I'm not sure where to put this, but I just found out that a puppy mill called Tegha Kennel in India (most Kennels are puppy mills here) is claiming to sell Tamaskan puppies here. This is an outright scam since the puppy is very clearly just a husky or husky/mal mix at most, and nowhere in the TDR did I find a single registered breeder in India. It seems these guys just Googled "dogs that look like wolves", sourced a husky puppy and slapped the name Tamaskan onto it.

The more I read about this the more enraged I feel, and the sadder I feel for the poor sap who actually falls for this and gives their money to a con-artist like this.
Ohh that is annoying, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. Hopefully no one will get scammed.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

KuraiSen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KuraiSen » Sat May 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:05 pm
KuraiSen wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:49 pm
Hey all,

Ohh that is annoying, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. Hopefully no one will get scammed.
Honestly, knowing how we are in India, I wouldn't put it past my countrymen to just get this because they think its a "rare breed" when its just a husky.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue May 07, 2019 12:28 pm

As well as not actually being a tamaskan, the price is really weird?? I looked on Google for to see the price in Australian dollars, and it's less than $20????
Image Image

KuraiSen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KuraiSen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:17 am

Booma wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:28 pm
As well as not actually being a tamaskan, the price is really weird?? I looked on Google for to see the price in Australian dollars, and it's less than $20????
The thing is, while its really cheap in AUD, a little under 2 lakh INR is incredibly expensive over here as for many people that could literally mean their annual salary. Now while the people who'll even be considering buying this puppy will be more on the higher end of the socio-economic ladder, it's still very expensive. Most puppies sold here are around 20-25k INR approx, with the price peaking 1 lakh for exptremely "rare" breeds. Huskies can be sold for anywhere between 50-85k INR.