Dutch Dog Forum Day

Real life Shows and Events (ARBA, USTDC, etc).
Post Reply
Rahne

Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Rahne » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Last saturday me, Konah and Guess went to the Dutch Dog Forum Day. There were all kinds of workshops (agility, flyball, frisbee, dogdance, tracking, search&rescue and more!) organized that you could enter with your dogs.

With Konah I entered the Agility workshop. She did really well, at first she wasn't too sure about going trough the tunnel but after some encourgement and bribing with food she decided to give it a try :mrgreen: We had a go at the two tunnels, jump, weave poles, dogwalk (flat on the ground) and the tire.

With Guess I did a workshop called 'Combisport'. You could see it as a mix of Obedience and Agility but you must really work together as a team so your dog must stay next to you the whole time and not run in front of you as with Agility.

At the end I also entered Guess in the Agility Trial. This was our 1st trial ever and we hadn't trained in over a year so I was a bit nervous on how we would do. Well Guess did me proud! :D She wasn't at her fastest (although she will ofcourse never be as fast as the BCs and Aussies etc.) but she made 0 faults and was really focused on me. We came 4th place out of 21 dogs so I was really pleased with that ;)

Here are some pictures taken by several people on that day:

Agility Workshop with Konah
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Agility Trial with Guess
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Glad Konah did so well, hope it was very fun :D
Image

MoirAran
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by MoirAran » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 am

wonderful pictures, it looks like you all had a great day :D
Greetings, Kristel
Aran & Moira & Rayne

User avatar
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Misaya » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:58 am

Well done Rahne, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Is that the first time Konah has tried agility?
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5211
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Well done! It looks like it was a fun event! :D
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Rahne

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Rahne » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks :D
Misaya wrote:Well done Rahne, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Is that the first time Konah has tried agility?
Yes it was her first time.
I'm currently saving to buy my own car so I can go with her to the dog school and start training obedience and agility!

User avatar
claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Wiltshire, UK

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by claireyclaire » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Well done, they both look like they had a great time!
“You can take the dog out of the Wolf Pack, But you can't take the Wolf Pack out of the dog"

User avatar
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 am
Location: UK

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Blustag » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Well done...keep the flag flying for our Tamaskan :lol:

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by blufawn » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Well done xx
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Gaby » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Good job Konah and Guess! :D

I already replied on the Dutch forum that it was nice to see you and Konah at the pictures! I don't know if you've seen that. ;) I had a family day so I couldn't come, but I also don't know if my dog would like it. I think it would be too much for him, maybe I can try it next year!

Rahne

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Rahne » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks everyone :D
Gaby wrote:Good job Konah and Guess! :D
I already replied on the Dutch forum that it was nice to see you and Konah at the pictures! I don't know if you've seen that. ;) I had a family day so I couldn't come, but I also don't know if my dog would like it. I think it would be too much for him, maybe I can try it next year!
Thanks, I didn't see your message yet. Yes it would be nice if you could come next year, it's really fun :D

I left Snoopy at home because I know that he won't like it with all the strange people and dogs around him. Guess my staff isn't always friendly with other dogs so I kept my distance with her and it went fine. Konah doesn't mind the dogs and people so with her it's very easy ;)

User avatar
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 am
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Gaby » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Rahne wrote:Thanks everyone :D
Gaby wrote:Good job Konah and Guess! :D
I already replied on the Dutch forum that it was nice to see you and Konah at the pictures! I don't know if you've seen that. ;) I had a family day so I couldn't come, but I also don't know if my dog would like it. I think it would be too much for him, maybe I can try it next year!
Thanks, I didn't see your message yet. Yes it would be nice if you could come next year, it's really fun :D

I left Snoopy at home because I know that he won't like it with all the strange people and dogs around him. Guess my staff isn't always friendly with other dogs so I kept my distance with her and it went fine. Konah doesn't mind the dogs and people so with her it's very easy ;)
Konah is such a lovely girl! Doesn't she take over any behaviour of your other dogs, like the behaviour to other dogs which she can see from Guess? Or Snoopy's behaviour? How did you do that when Konah was a little girl?

Rahne

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Rahne » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Gaby wrote:Konah is such a lovely girl! Doesn't she take over any behaviour of your other dogs, like the behaviour to other dogs which she can see from Guess? Or Snoopy's behaviour? How did you do that when Konah was a little girl?
No, Konah does her own thing since she was little. I was hoping that she would take over some of Guess her behaviour because Guess is a very easy, well behaved dog but she didn't really.. Guess used to be very good with other dogs untill about 6 months ago :?

Konah will correct the other dogs if they behave 'not normal'. If there is tension outside with other dogs Konah sometimes comes between them and distract the other dog. Konah is very social, she will always try to avoid conflicts and keep the peace. But if there is a serious threat to the pack she will defend it!

I think she just knows if there is something wrong or not.. She is always very friendly with other people and dogs but for example, last month I was on vacation with her and then we were alone at the lake. Then a man came behind me and it seemed he wanted something.. Konah ran to him and started to bark and growl at him. He didn't dare coming nearer and decided to leave the other way very quick ;)

User avatar
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Dutch Dog Forum Day

Post by Misaya » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Clever Konah!
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Post Reply