The taunus surprise litter?

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
Carlieofficial
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

The taunus surprise litter?

Post by Carlieofficial » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:50 am

Jeez I've been really active on this forum lately but I just found out about the taunus surprise litter and want everyone's opinion about it. As you may be aware, my family wants a male Tamaskan (for pet purposes only) and found out about the taunus surprise litter just today. I sent out an email just saying I wanted to ask some questions first but I wanted some advice from more experienced people. My family is going on this big vacation at the end of July (which is why we aren't going to impulsively buy a puppy regardless of whether or not it's a Tamaskan), and this taunus litter would be eligible for shipping the first week of August (after we all are back.) I think this would be a terrific idea because then the family could have a month to get accustomed to this new member of the family as well as letting him get used to us and socializing him before schools start getting back in session and things start getting busier. Of course our pup would still be getting lots of attention. The fact that everything would be focused on the puppy and making sure he is growing up well makes us want it to be in the summer.

However with this lovely idea, I have some concerns. First being the fact that I know virtually nothing about this breeder. I know their email and that the parents are somwhat registered. Should I be concerned about the well being of the puppies? Would this be a good idea or should I just wait for a registered litter to come along? Oslett and sylvan have plans but the puppy will come along when we would have less time to dedicate to socialization and exposure to the kids in its early life and such. Should I just wait until they have a summer litter? Thanks!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: The taunus surprise litter?

Post by Booma » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:28 pm

The parents are registered tamaskan, but because of the age of the mother (and lack of health tests), the litter won't be registered.
The owners are not dodgy, just didn't notice their bitch was on heat.
It's up to you if you want to take a pup from this litter or wait.
Image Image

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: The taunus surprise litter?

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Ultimately, wherever / whichever breeder you decide to get a pup from, it's totally up to you but it's definitely worth taking into consideration all the factors involved. :)
In this case, timing is one positive factor, as is the fact that you only want a non-breeding male that you will neuter regardless... on the other hand, having a registered pup means that you could potentially use him for breeding if you decided to change your mind. Since pups have to be 16 weeks old before they can travel, this means that the breeder will be doing a lot of the early socialization... ideally, your pup should be more or less potty trained by the time you get him and also know basic commands, as well as fully socialized. So, in short, the timing of when you get your pup isn't quite as critical compared to the breeder where you get him from and the work they will put in to ensure he develops into a well-rounded individual.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.