Future Tarheel Litter (Kana x Jaeger)

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Future Tarheel Litter (Kana x Jaeger)

Post by Tarheel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 am

We just did a repeat mating of Kana and Jaeger on 29 and 30 July. Two confirmed ties. This is a repeat mating of the Avenger litter of 2012. Tarheel Tor, Hercules, Scarlett and Harliquin. 2 males and 2 females. We anticipate if the pregnancy takes that pups will be born the last week of October or the first week of November.
Anyone seriously interested should email me at tarheel.tamaskan@yahoo.com and request a puppy questionnaire as we start our screening process and building a waiting list.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Future Tarheel Litter (Kana x Jaeger)

Post by Katlin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm curious why this litter was repeated? Didn't the last one produce a monorchid?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:40 pm

I also ask myself why this repeat and why when you liked the combination so much not about 3 years later . So close makes it more difficult to keep the genepool wide or make it wider and the US already have trouble with that.......

I don't mean this in a bad way but am curious though for the reason.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:21 pm

The mating of Jaeger to Kana produced some good looking puppies. Their were only 4 produced in the first mating, which is about half the size of a normal litter. Doing a repeat of a small litter is not hurting the gene pool.
Not exactly the response I was hoping for from the forum. :cry:
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Tarheel wrote:Doing a repeat of a small litter is not hurting the gene pool.
Not really no, but then it also doesn't benefit the gene pool...

I love Kana and would have personally liked to see her mated to another male. Besides the fact it doesn't benefit the breed... there was a Cryptorchid male in the first litter and all these pups will be DM carriers again. But good luck with your litter.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Rahne wrote:

I love Kana and would have personally liked to see her mated to another male. Besides the fact it doesn't benefit the breed... there was a Cryptorchid male in the first litter and all these pups will be DM carriers again. But good luck with your litter.
Are there any other compatible stud dogs in the US for Kana? The only other two stud dogs I can think of are Zephyr and Dylan - both of which have produced litters with Freyja, Kana's full sister.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Thank you Rahne,
This will be Kana's last litter. As the previous mating with Jeager was a success, I opted to use him again to guarantee success on her last litter before she is retired.
Both males when examined by my vet prior to being adopted out were intact. One male, one testicle receded after a period of time at his new home. Cause of this is unknown. This male was later put into a pet home and fixed.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:36 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Rahne wrote:

Are there any other compatible stud dogs in the US for Kana? The only other two stud dogs I can think of are Zephyr and Dylan - both of which have produced litters with Freyja, Kana's full sister.
AI might have been an option. Freyja was bred to Dylan and Zephyr, but still it would have offered more then a repeat in my opinion.
Tarheel wrote:Thank you Rahne,
This will be Kana's last litter. As the previous mating with Jeager was a success, I opted to use him again to guarantee success on her last litter before she is retired.
Both males when examined by my vet prior to being adopted out were intact. One male, one testicle receded after a period of time at his new home. Cause of this is unknown. This male was later put into a pet home and fixed.
Why are you retiring her so early John? I think that's a pity, she is such a nice female. It would be nice if she could have a 3rd final litter with a different male.

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Like I said I didn't mean it in a bad way and just think the way Rahne explained her thoughts in.

I have totally nothing against Kana or Jaeger but I also would have liked it more if there was more gene diversity in a second litter from her.
Also how old is she because why then now a repeat mating and why not first a second for the diversity and than her last one a few years later a repeat one. Especially when from the first litter one female and one male are in a breeding home( This is more a question because I do not know that)

I am sorry if my first command offended you a bit because I didn't mean it like that. I just love the breed and go for as much diversity if we can at the moment and me being a very direct person can sometimes come over as a bit rude but it was just a question because I would have made another choice in that . I didn't said it was a bad choice but wanted to know your thoughts behind it. Now I know and even when I have other thoughts about it doesn't mean I can't respects yours :)

I do hope you will think about a third litter of Kana with a different male......

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:28 am

Tarheel wrote:We just did a repeat mating of Kana and Jaeger on 29 and 30 July. Two confirmed ties. This is a repeat mating of the Avenger litter of 2012. Tarheel Tor, Hercules, Scarlett and Harliquin. 2 males and 2 females. We anticipate if the pregnancy takes that pups will be born the last week of October or the first week of November.
Anyone seriously interested should email me at tarheel.tamaskan@yahoo.com and request a puppy questionnaire as we start our screening process and building a waiting list.

Congrats! I can't wait to see some puppy pics :)

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Was hoping Kana would be used with a different stud for reason of helping the DM carrier issue in the USA or you would of waitied until hips had been done on the first litter before a repeat. Will you be retiring Jaeger too since this is his third litter?

I do wish Kana the best and hope she can give birth naturally instead of C-Section again.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Will you be keeping a bitch or stud to continue your line?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 am

A slightly belated good luck with your litter :)

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:51 pm

If there are more healthy Tamaskans in the world, it's a good thing to me!
Congratulations on the litter, and good luck to all involved!

Mark F

We pray with St. Francis of Assisi for the health of all our animals
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Good luck with this litter! :)
Tarheel wrote:We just did a repeat mating of Kana and Jaeger on 29 and 30 July. Two confirmed ties. We anticipate if the pregnancy takes that pups will be born the last week of October or the first week of November.
If the matings took place on 29/07/2013 and 30/07/2013, then the puppies will be born around 30/09/2013 (end of September) and will be ready to go to their new homes around 25/11/2013 (end of November). ;)

Since 4 weeks have passed since the mating(s), it should now be possible to have your vet confirm pregnancy (via ultrasound scan). :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Good luck with this litter! :)
Tarheel wrote:We just did a repeat mating of Kana and Jaeger on 29 and 30 July. Two confirmed ties. We anticipate if the pregnancy takes that pups will be born the last week of October or the first week of November.
If the matings took place on 29/07/2013 and 30/07/2013, then the puppies will be born around 30/09/2013 (end of September) and will be ready to go to their new homes around 25/11/2013 (end of November). ;)

Since 4 weeks have passed since the mating(s), it should now be possible to have your vet confirm pregnancy (via ultrasound scan). :)
+- 63 days, so that's approx 9 weeks after mating. Means puppies will arrive sometime in the 1st half of October if she's pregnant :)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Rahne wrote: +- 63 days, so that's approx 9 weeks after mating. Means puppies will arrive sometime in the 1st half of October if she's pregnant :)
29/07/2013 + 63 days = 30/09/2013 (exact day)
Pups could arrive as early as 58 days (25/09/2013) after mating or as late as 65 days (02/10/2013) after mating - depending on the date of ovulation.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Well they are def not coming at the end of October/beginning of November :mrgreen:

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Yep hehe :)
As for the exact date... time will tell ;)

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:55 pm

EXCITING :mrgreen:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm also excited to hear more about this. Hopefully this litter produces more puppies than the previous litter from these awesome dogs. In the future I hope to get a pup from this line that had both Jaeger and Kana in them. I know I obviously won't be getting a direct Jaeger and Kana pup but I hope for a descendant of there's when I'm ready for a dog. But for now, I am crossing fingers for all of the puppies to be healthy

on the side note, I remember that Kana actually had 5 pups in the previous litter but the last one did not survive. I do hope that ALL of the pups in this final mating make it out. May the Tree of Birth bear new and happy souls to the future pups

ocano17
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ocano17 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Have you guys decided on the waiting list yet?

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:39 pm

My initial calculations were wrong. My math did not add up right. Puppies should be born around the first week of October. We are still screening applicants and searching for the perfect people to adopt the puppies.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Good luck with this litter! :D

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Any updates? Waited weeks :|