finding a good breeder is a nightmare

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
candicelynn
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

finding a good breeder is a nightmare

Post by candicelynn » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Our family has been looking at getting a tamaskan for several years. But how can we decide with so many rumors. And the website tamaskan truth....scares us badly. Anyone who has dogs that are great and have dealt with great breeders please let us know! Lol.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: finding a good breeder is a nightmare

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:33 pm

I don't have a Tamaskan, but I have spoken with Tracy at Hawthorne and the Bannows at Tarheel. I would recommend either one of them since you're in the states. I believe White Elk is planning a litter soon, so you might want to contact them as well - they're using a stud from Hawthorne for their first litter.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 pm

WhiteElk is planning a litter and their girls are gorgeous :D . Also Hawthorne and Tarheel have beautiful dogs. I'm sure none of the 3 would mind answering a few questions.

Also, Rahne has put together an online date base so you can look up dogs that come from each breeder (and by call name so you can look them up on the forum), so you can pm owners who have bought pups of the breeder and ask them their opinions of the breeder... No body on hear would mind you asking :D

My boy came from Pete Saxon and he was awesome... He really is a great guy who cares about his dogs and the homes the pups are placed into. All the pups so far have been great with good temperaments and perfectly adapted to home life when they were ready to leave... But he is in Bulgaria so it would be more pricey to import when there are a few breeders (one of which is planning a litter soon) in the usa.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi candicelynn, we would be glad to help you with any questions you might have. We're planning a litter for this upcoming fall. Feel free to send us an email at WhiteElkTamaskan@gmail.com.
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:17 pm

candicelynn wrote:Our family has been looking at getting a tamaskan for several years. But how can we decide with so many rumors. And the website tamaskan truth....scares us badly. Anyone who has dogs that are great and have dealt with great breeders please let us know! Lol.
That website scares me too... it is full of lies! There are SOME true facts, but it is all mixed up with phony photoshopped newspaper article 'screenshots' that are completely fabricated. Much of that website is pure defamation.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 pm

If you want a Tamaskan the ones that been said earlier are great. If you looking for an AAtu you can take a look at Conchur in Beaverton, Oregon

Sylvaen wrote:
candicelynn wrote:Our family has been looking at getting a tamaskan for several years. But how can we decide with so many rumors. And the website tamaskan truth....scares us badly. Anyone who has dogs that are great and have dealt with great breeders please let us know! Lol.
That website scares me too... it is full of lies! There are SOME true facts, but it is all mixed up with phony photoshopped newspaper article 'screenshots' that are completely fabricated. Much of that website is pure defamation.
To add on Debby here: The one that made this site is also crazy. Telling he has been in contact with people he never been in contact with. Telling people sell pups while they doing work on socialization..........
Besides that the TDR and Aatu(TBA) people didn't always went well with each other we all agree that this site isn't the best for your information ;)

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 am

Candice,
I believe I wrote you from my Tarheel Tamaskan website today. You can reach me here through PM, my personal email tarheel.tamaskan@yahoo.com, or at my phone number that I provided you.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

candicelynn
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by candicelynn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Yes. I have been in contact with a few breeders. Just trying to get a feel for them. Its scary business trying to find one. Adding a new dog to the family is a big thing and we just want to make the best possible choice and get the best possible dog for us. I will be making a choice this weekend and sending in a deposit to whoever my husband and i agree on. :-) if anyone has any info they would like to share on their experiences i would appreciate it. Looking forward to one day owning a tamaskan Such a beautiful and wonderful breed

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:23 pm

candicelynn wrote:Yes. I have been in contact with a few breeders. Just trying to get a feel for them. Its scary business trying to find one. Adding a new dog to the family is a big thing and we just want to make the best possible choice and get the best possible dog for us. I will be making a choice this weekend and sending in a deposit to whoever my husband and i agree on. :-) if anyone has any info they would like to share on their experiences i would appreciate it. Looking forward to one day owning a tamaskan Such a beautiful and wonderful breed
Let us know who you decide upon, Tarheel, White Elk & Hawthorne are great breeders. Their dogs are beautiful!
Katurah

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:08 pm

I noticed you live in Virginia. I live in Maryland and just recently adopted my first Tamaskan from Hawthorne in Pennsylvania. Max is now almost 6 months and is the most loving, friendly, easy going pup I've ever seen, and I've heard the same thing from those who have met him. He loves everyone, and especially children. He is really fond of the smaller ones, as well as smaller dogs, but loves to play with them all. I think he trully believes every person and animal was put here just for him :lol:

I feel so blessed that I found Hawthorne Tamaskan Breeders. They are registered breeders with this site and were exemplary in every way. They even set up a UStream account on Facebook so we could all watch the puppies each day as they played, slept, and ate from Mom. I believe they may be planning another breeding within the next year. All the breeders that have commented here are also registered and very serious about the health and welfare of this breed first and foremost. If you live close to or in Northern Virginia, you and your family are welcome to meet him and decide for yourself if this is the breed you want for your forever family pet.

candicelynn
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by candicelynn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 pm

I think we have decided to go with white elk. Were very impressed by their application and their request for photos of us and our lifestyle. Gave us the more personal feeling we were looking for.

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Good choice! I believe the mating will be with the Hawthorne male, Darwin.