Greetings!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
winterblitz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Greetings!

Post by winterblitz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

Hello,
My name is Amanda and I'm new to the forum. I have a fantastic little Tamaskan named Tala; she has been such a joy to have in my life. She has been the perfect companion dog for my active life. I'm sure everyone says this about their puppy, but I truly feel like I have the pick of the litter. She is great with everybody; our cat, other dogs, people, and even the small neighborhood children.

Tala has been wonderful to train; she tested out of Puppy Obedience Class at 11 weeks old and we are halfway through intermediate training! My 14 week old puppy is heeling and following commands without people and other dogs distracting her. Sorry to gush, but I'm just so proud of her.

Tala has been excellently healthy and the vet has been really impressed with her growth; especially since she has been growing so quickly. He was really impressed with how healthy and well mannered she was when she came to us from our breeder. They really did a great job.

Everyone who has met Tala absolutely loves her and is curious about the breed because it is so unusual and new. I very much look forward to seeing all of your photos and hearing all of your own stories!

Sincerely,
Amanda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rahne

Re: Greetings!

Post by Rahne » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Welcome :D

Rambler
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Rambler » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum!! :D

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Hello and welcome :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Welcome to the Forum!! :D

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 pm

hi welcome :D .

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello Amanda, welcome to the forum. Your girl does not look like a Tamaskan with that masking, where did you get her from?

winterblitz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by winterblitz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 am

Her mask is still darkening up. She is still very much a puppy and all of her markings have started darkening within the last month. She was born with cream markings but they are all turning grey and brown. I apologize for posting an older photo; the weeks really do make a huge difference. Her mask is actually starting to darken up around the eyes and down the nose. The dark grey and black down her back (and saddle) only darkened in the last 3 weeks when the weather started to get warmer and her summer coat started coming in.
I would rather not say where I got her because, although I am extreamly happy with her and my experiance with the breeder, I was harrased by a competing breeder. I joined this forum because everyone is very in love with their dogs and I enjoy reading everyone else's success stories and tips from around the world.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 am

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have another Tamaskan owner here looking for support and guidance.
Sorry to hear you were harrassed by a competing breeder. You will quickly learn that the Tamaskan breeders here are not in compitition, and we would never harrass a puppy purchaser that comes here to learn more about the breed.
Sure, there are some breeders that we do not like because of there ehtics, or their Puppy Mill style of breeding, but they are not Tamaskan Dog breeders. They are breeders of other versions and cross breeds that do not adhere to the Tamaskan Dog standard, but you will learn that information as you go through the topics.
Regardless of who you bought your Tamaskan from, makes no matter to us. What does matter is that you are here and we welcome you.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

winterblitz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by winterblitz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 am

I am glad to hear that, and to read about the zero tolerance for speaking ill of other parties on this forum. It's a rare thing to find on open forums these days. My breeder was exceptionally wonderful and took all of the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. I spoke with many people who have purchased from all of the different breeders and I knew I was dealing with someone who genuinely loved their animals. Researching breeds then breeders took me over a year, and I am so happy with little Tala! She has been a wonderful companion and she charms everyone she meets. I'm happy to find a forum with an interesting variety of Tamaskan and similar dog lovers.

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:06 am

Welcome to the forum! :D
-Michelle

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 am

welcome :P and i can't wait to see more pics

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Welcome Amanda :D shame you cant say where your little puppy is from, or her breeding if only to see where the facial markings have come from, and shame about the problem with the breeders.. You are very welcome here.

malamutemick
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by malamutemick » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello & welcome to the forum :D

TeresaC
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by TeresaC » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:58 am

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found your way here :D
Teresa Cutler
Moondance Tamaskan, Wisconsin
US Tamaskan Dog Club, Secretary

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 am

Welcome.

jmarino82
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jmarino82 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Your Tala is so lovely. She looks like a Love bug! Welcome to you both.

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 am

Welcome Tala is gorgeous!
Katurah

amittammu
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by amittammu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:23 am

You have found the right spot, I am sure this forum will provide all the answers that you are looking for your breed. We welcome you and request you to actively participate and share your experiences too as you enjoy your days with Tala.

RoyAM
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by RoyAM » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Big Welcome from the Malamute gang too

Woof

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Sounds like you have a very smart pup! Love her pic too. You have come to the right place for information about Tamaskans!

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Tala has been wonderful to train; she tested out of Puppy Obedience Class at 11 weeks old and we are halfway through intermediate training! My 14 week old puppy is heeling and following commands without people and other dogs distracting her. Sorry to gush, but I'm just so proud of her.
Tamaskans are very quick learners and they really enjoy the obediance work. That is amazing that she tested out of puppy obedience is less than 3 weeks. Most classes around my area are at least 6 weeks long and the pup must be at least 10 weeks old to attend.
Keep up the good work and you will have an amazing dog.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Tarheel wrote:Tamaskans are very quick learners and they really enjoy the obediance work. That is amazing that she tested out of puppy obedience is less than 3 weeks. Most classes around my area are at least 6 weeks long and the pup must be at least 10 weeks old to attend.
Keep up the good work and you will have an amazing dog.
Jasper was allowed to attend puppy classes once he had completed his 3rd (final) series of puppy vaccinations, which is standard practice. If they get the first set at 6 weeks, second at 9 weeks and third at 12 weeks then 12 weeks is the earliest they can attend (so as not to catch or spread deadly diseases). Sometimes the series goes: 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks but then 10 weeks is the bare minimum (since before that they usually still have partial immunity from the colostrum, which is why 3 series of inoculations are necessary). The puppy course lasted for 10 weeks and took place every Saturday - it needs to take place over a long period so puppies can learn the more difficult obedience lessons. Maybe she attended a socialization class, that would explain why it took place so early and didn't last so long. Teaching sit, down, stay, recall, heel, leave / ignore, etc are quite difficult concepts for a young pup to grasp in such a short time.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.