for future and present breeders

All topics pertaining to mating and whelping, as well as upcoming / planned litters.
balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

for future and present breeders

Post by balto13 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:01 am

for those of you who are breeders/will be, what made you decide to be breeders?

what do you want out of your line?

do you have a color preference?

and for those of you who have had litters, what are some of the biggest challenges that you have faced that you would want to "warn" future breeders about?

I know that's kind of a lot of questions :oops: but as I am reading about new litters coming up I became curious as to what people look for while they plan for litters. So, I decided to ask here to see what people would say :)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: for future and present breeders

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:59 pm

At first, I never thought myself to become a breeder. It is kind of a combination of things that made me finally decide to become a breeder. It was after being with the community for a long time, fostering a boy and seeing how happy his mom was and wanting to do the same with more families that end up being an extended part of my own, wanting to help further the breed in the goal of having a dog that looks like a wolf but behaves like a wonderful family dog, a chance to further my knowledge on dogs training, health, ect (not just because I want to, but now I will need to :D ), an excuse to travel :P , oh yes, and puppies!
It was watching Hawthorn's livestream of their first litter that gave me that last push in making my decision.

What I want out of my lines is firstly better health, intelligence and wonderful temperaments, and of course a very wolfy look.

I don't have a colour preference, I like them all :3