Packlove

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Post Reply
User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Packlove

Post by Katlin » Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this but it's a website called http://packlove.com/ it's actually pretty fun, like profiles for dogs (bit like united dogs) but it's by invitation only. Took about 2 weeks for me to get in. I have one invitation if anyone is interested then PM me your email. There are going to be a lot more features coming soon. Also Tamaskan is one of the set breeds there!

http://packlove.com/wylie

http://packlove.com/breed/tamaskan
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Packlove

Post by Tiantai » Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I'll be sure to PM you when I get my dog in a few years from now ;)
Image

User avatar
Ausbird
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:08 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Packlove

Post by Ausbird » Sun May 12, 2013 10:32 pm

I notice the first featured Tamaskan Dog listed is Rikku. Nice verification process. :roll:

What's on offer there, exactly? Hard to tell from the home page.

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by AZDehlin » Sun May 12, 2013 11:52 pm

I got and invite and Zephyr and Noque are now on there... best way to verify your tamaskan on their is to list dogs registered name.

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by Katlin » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 am

Ausbird wrote:I notice the first featured Tamaskan Dog listed is Rikku. Nice verification process. :roll:

What's on offer there, exactly? Hard to tell from the home page.
No kidding, I'm not happy about that either >:P

For now it's just getting started, you can search breeds and <3 other peoples' dogs. I dunno the real point yet.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Packlove

Post by balto13 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:36 am

Katlin wrote:
Ausbird wrote:I notice the first featured Tamaskan Dog listed is Rikku. Nice verification process. :roll:

What's on offer there, exactly? Hard to tell from the home page.
No kidding, I'm not happy about that either >:P

For now it's just getting started, you can search breeds and <3 other peoples' dogs. I dunno the real point yet.

it was RPK owners who started it for the tamaskans and then sent the initial invites to other people. I think it's cool that there is a site where both "legit" and RPK tamaskan owners can just have fun and look at tam pictures. Nothing too serious. As I recall Katlin you asked Rikku's owner for an invite, so if it made you unhappy why join? It's not proof of registration, its pictures, like instagram for dogs. Just enjoy the cuteness!! :D :D

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4799
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:39 am

What bothers me about the RPK dogs on there, like Rikku, is that they are not Tamaskan dogs. So say if someone researching the Tamaskan were to stumble on that page and see them, then they are led to believe that is what a Tamaskan is supposed to look like. If they would have the dogs listed under a different breed, I would not mind so much. But that is just me and I'm sure everyone knows how I am about misrepresentation :S :oops: And it's even worse on Instagram...
Image

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Packlove

Post by balto13 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 am

then don't join, because it's only enabling it. Instead write a topic about how the tams who started it are not actual tams. That way when people come to the forum they can see that although there are some real tams, it was started by non tams. That is the way to let people know, but joining it then getting upset doesn't do anything except make people more confused because now there are "real" and "not real" tamaskans on there.

*edit: or ask them to change their dogs to tam mixes

I think there is a way to get along and be nice on a site like pack love. hahaha. Or at least I would hope so

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by Katlin » Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 am

Ausbird wrote:it was RPK owners who started it for the tamaskans and then sent the initial invites to other people. I think it's cool that there is a site where both "legit" and RPK tamaskan owners can just have fun and look at tam pictures. Nothing too serious. As I recall Katlin you asked Rikku's owner for an invite, so if it made you unhappy why join? It's not proof of registration, its pictures, like instagram for dogs. Just enjoy the cuteness!! :D :D
And I'm sure if I was one of the first ones invited I would have requested they add tamaskan too. I assumed she had added her dog as a husky or a mix, not a tamaskan. It's kinda false advertising (the way I view it). I also never got an invite from her. I had asked to join weeks before (3 if I remember correctly). I PM'd her and she read it but never said a word to me :? . I finally was approved by the site owner, not Rikku's owner :roll: ;)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Packlove

Post by balto13 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:17 am

Katlin wrote:
balto13 wrote:it was RPK owners who started it for the tamaskans and then sent the initial invites to other people. I think it's cool that there is a site where both "legit" and RPK tamaskan owners can just have fun and look at tam pictures. Nothing too serious. As I recall Katlin you asked Rikku's owner for an invite, so if it made you unhappy why join? It's not proof of registration, its pictures, like instagram for dogs. Just enjoy the cuteness!! :D :D
And I'm sure if I was one of the first ones invited I would have requested they add tamaskan too. I assumed she had added her dog as a husky or a mix, not a tamaskan. It's kinda false advertising (the way I view it). I also never got an invite from her. I had asked to join weeks before (3 if I remember correctly). I PM'd her and she read it but never said a word to me :? . I finally was approved by the site owner, not Rikku's owner :roll: ;)
lots of people don't respond to emails, even people in the TDR world, so I don't know if I would hold that against her or take it personally

you could contact the owner of the site and complain to them about the "false advertising" to see if they would address it, and write about it somewhere where others can see it - a thread that explains that people should not be mislead by some of the pictures of RPK tams on packlove. Then, when people are researching they will know to not take pictures posted on packlove seriously

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3273
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by TerriHolt » Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:What bothers me about the RPK dogs on there, like Rikku, is that they are not Tamaskan dogs. So say if someone researching the Tamaskan were to stumble on that page and see them, then they are led to believe that is what a Tamaskan is supposed to look like. If they would have the dogs listed under a different breed, I would not mind so much. But that is just me and I'm sure everyone knows how I am about misrepresentation :S :oops: And it's even worse on Instagram...
The sole reason i haven't requested an invite.... The less people who join, the less likely dogs that look like that will get viewed as tamaskan. It still kinda bothers me RPK still gets his dogs labeled as Tamaskan when he has done nothing to deserve it.
I know for a fact if i was them and i got a dog from him i would call it a husky cross and not use 'Tamaskan', 'American Tamaskan' or 'Tamaskan wolfdog' because it would have been my mistake, my problem and not the genuine, caring breeders who are trying to make the breed into what it is... I'd be able to recognize my dog for what it is and still love it the same.
But that's my opinion and a lot of people don't like it lol.

Sincere apologies to anyone who owns an RPK dog on here, not intending to start anything or upset anyone...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Packlove

Post by AZDehlin » Sun May 26, 2013 5:01 pm

TerriHolt wrote:The less people who join, the less likely dogs that look like that will get viewed as tamaskan. It still kinda bothers me RPK still gets his dogs labeled as Tamaskan when he has done nothing to deserve it.
I know for a fact if i was them and i got a dog from him i would call it a husky cross and not use 'Tamaskan', 'American Tamaskan' or 'Tamaskan wolfdog' because it would have been my mistake, my problem and not the genuine, caring breeders who are trying to make the breed into what it is... I'd be able to recognize my dog for what it is and still love it the same.
But that's my opinion and a lot of people don't like it lol.

Sincere apologies to anyone who owns an RPK dog on here, not intending to start anything or upset anyone...
I totally feel the same way

Post Reply