Change of mind not of heart.

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Change of mind not of heart.

Post by SpiritEcho » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I have been about the Tam forum for quite a while now, yet despite my full belief that the Tamaskan is truly the dog I want to own, work and trial here in Australia. A chain of what seems like endless drama has really financially pummeled me into the corner! every time I think "okay this is it we're all good now", something else comes along.

sorry for my rant but .... I gotta complain to someone and it might as well be the computer so everyone can see it too! I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.
I am a professional cleaner, 5 year ago I was a professional carpet cleaner as well.
One night I was heading back into work after breaking from the afternoon jobs to go home and have dinner and feed the dogs. 2 hours later I was heading into work again to clean a doctors surgery and the creek which had come up and gone down the day before had come back up and had the road covered in just over 1 meter of water there were no signs up even cause I was the first victim 2 other people got caught that night, I lost $38000 in equipment to make it worse the insurance company I had the van insured through only paid me out $4000 for the van
the other gear I got $16000, this wasn't going to get the carpet cleaning back on track.
so I held onto the money in a different bank account. mean while the income was down now we were struggling to pay the business loan repayments.
I found a car I could use for $500 this turned out to be an expensive mistake $3000 later the wreckers paid me $100 for it HAHAHA I should have burnt it instead of trying to keep it alive this was my bad so yeah I deserved that sure....
a friend of mine offers me his transit van it's big comfortable to drive, perfect to deck out for a cleaners truck, great I took it down for the road worthy and the rear view mirror popped off the wind screen. Hmmm! I had it re-glued $600 and some new bearings on the tail shaft and a compliance plate for the seat modification and everything was good.
Then 2 months later new front brakes, another 2 months after that the fan belt snapped and wraped it self under the timing cover and snapped the timing belt and crashed the motor!
$3000 later and 7 months I had it running again.
then my poor little husky Nikita somehow gets a Pyometra $360 she was spayed 7 days later she was back into surgery again $700 after that she's doin fine ...I think, I hope....
she just leaks a bit now but worried about other issues it will cause!
(SPAY & NEUTER IS BAD remember that people. there are alternative surgeries that don't mess up the animals endocrine system if you don't opt for it don't do it to your dog)

any way then more repairs on the van and I haven't even paid my mate for it yet and there's still more to go.
all the insurance money is gone now but I have managed some how to pay off the business loan, now if I can get this van finished being restored I'll be aboe to use it to make some good money again. I have my old portable carpet machine running again finally just this August gone. but I don't have the customer base anymore.

so for now I have given up trying to save up for a trip to the UK to meet some of the Tams and their owners. I just feel like its a never ending battle and I really would like to quit, but on the same token I don't want to cause I have worked too dang hard to get to where I am now.

after all this I have changed my mind I'm thinking of getting a border collie for my obedience and agility trials dog, until such time I some how pull this cleaning business out of the ditch and some how miraculously ever get a house and land of my own. I'll go through all the necessary process and prep to take a trip to meet the breeders of these great dogs and hopefully someday soon after bring a Tam home.

Okay, now I have had a really good complain, I can honestly say I don't feel any better for it. LOL
But bad luck can't happen for ever. if you did manage to read all that well done and thanks.
I'm going to see what things are like in 5 years or so and try again then.
Dogs are a gift most people don't deserve ^..^

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Change of mind not of heart.

Post by Blustag » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Well the very best of luck to you and well done for not being discouraged ;)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Awwwww sorry to hear your story - it certainly sounds like a long run of bad luck and a series of unfortunate events... hopefully your luck will change soon though (for the better!!) Don't be disheartened though, I figure everything happens for a reason and it might seems like a shitty deal now... but maybe new and exciting opportunities will arise as a consequence. Just keep an open mind and follow your heart (and don't give up!) Hang in there and the bad times will pass...

As for your dreams of getting a Tamaskan pup, don't be discouraged - maybe when the time is right, you'll be able to get a puppy locally! After all, several people are importing pups soon so in a year or two it's certainly possible that there could be Australian-born Tamaskans. Best of luck to you in the meantime!! :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:48 pm

awww, sorry to hear bout all your bad luck. i too believe everything happens for a reason (sorry i can't give you one to make you feel better right now) so maybe when the good luck starts rolling in... something amazing will come up. it did spring to mind all the questions about importing tams and maybe when you feel the time is right you can get a local tam but i was too slow lol. i hope things get better for you :P

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh no! Terrible story!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SpiritEcho » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 am

hey thanks everyone for the responses, it has been a tough battle. I'm with you I reckon it's all happening for a reason. what reason I don't know that or I must have done something horribly wrong in a past life to deserve it.

any how I'm holding off everything for a while except the training. At least I have a well trained mutt who is just starting to pick up the agility really well so I'm still getting a bit of play time.
this critter holding the bunch of lettuce leaves may never get to trial but she's been good fun to work with.
I'm slowly building all my own agility practice equipment I'm working on my weave polls, I built a ladder for rear end awareness for the dog club si I might build another one for me, and I was given a flex tunnel by the preschool we clean cause they were throwing it away, and it's in good condition just gotta figure out what to use for a Dog Walk and a Teeter Totter and then construct an A frame, My ring Jumps are going to be made from ag drain and PVC so I'll work on the hurdles first I think and then just accumulate some other odds and ends. so maybe in a few more months I'll have enough gear to set up a small home agility course for practice.

so despite the woes I'm trying to stay positive, just every now and again something gets ya down.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:23 am

SpiritEcho wrote:I must have done something horribly wrong in a past life to deserve it.
i somethimes think i was Atilla the hun or Hitler in a past life to deserve the things i've gone thru :lol: ... or maybe one then the other with a touch of Genghis Khan thrown in there too :mrgreen: .

your own agility practice equipment sounds fun :D .

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SpiritEcho » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 pm

yeah i was thinkin hitler LOL

yeah gotta keep lookin for the good things I guess
i eas thinking since i like workin with the dogs ill build my own gear
its fairly simple and gives the dogs a bit ofun at homef

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Where are you in aus? I'm in Perth you can always come and meet my boy when I finally get him. Also, someone else
In melb is getting a girl at the same time. You can always ask him if you can meet her.
Image Image