Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Post Reply
User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 am

Saw this on Yahoo and thought I would share. Just shows you how ridiculous and rude people can be.




I wish all theaters kicked people out if the had their phone out or got caught talking in the theater. What does everyone else think?

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by Katlin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 am

Oh my god hahahaha!!!! What a moron!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by blufawn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:39 am

haha, love the end......your welcome, thanks for not coming back :D :D
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
.............................................................
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 am

too funny, moron! :lol:
blufawn wrote:haha, love the end......your welcome, thanks for not coming back :D :D
me too :lol:

it's a shame they don't do it to everyone using a phone or people who spend most of the movie talking louder so all you can hear is them... :D
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 pm

blufawn wrote:haha, love the end......your welcome, thanks for not coming back :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: My thoughts exactly.
Image

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 pm

This theater now shows this in front of all there R movies... so people get the picture that the theater isn't bluffing.

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 am

:lol: :lol: Great, just because it is on silent does not mean the light from the screen does not distract people round them, and most of the time people are too polite to complain. What a shame she will never go back to be humiliated by that trailer, I hope her friends tell her about it. I also wish more places would be as strong in stopping phone use during films.

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 am

JulieSmith wrote::lol: :lol: Great, just because it is on silent does not mean the light from the screen does not distract people round them, and most of the time people are too polite to complain. What a shame she will never go back to be humiliated by that trailer, I hope her friends tell her about it. I also wish more places would be as strong in stopping phone use during films.
Haha, im sure she has heard it by now. It was on Yahoo in one of there featured stories if one of her friends hasn't told her.

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by Nino » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:55 pm

well she's not the sharpest knife is she?
but then again I think a warning would have worked better

I do myself break a few rules when going to the movies..
As an example I often bring my own candy, drinks and even food - if people can eat nachos and have it everywhere, then I should be allowed to eat my sandwich, but I hide it and sit where no-one notices :lol:

and If texting ofcause it isn't only the sound, the light is damn annoying :lol:
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm

My mother would have all the girls each carry a purse and would have them all filled with candy from the store :roll: that's the only rule we would break.
Image

User avatar
wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 10:15 pm
Location: scotland

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by wicca1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 pm

that gave me a good laugh :D :D .

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

taking your own sweets is OK, they charge far too much for them anyway.

User avatar
GjenetCarro
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:10 am
Location: US

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by GjenetCarro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 am

Seriously, this issue is so over looked. It doesnt make sense that you would pay sooo much money to go to a movie when you could be at home texting by yourself :roll: Some people would like to get what they pay for and enjoy the show and not know about your personal life or see a little light pop up all the time :evil: I asked all my friends if we can save up enough money to buy a phone jacker so when the oblivious want to text or call, they have no service :lol:
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul - hope you like what you see."
~ Aldo Leopold

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
~ Gerald Hausman

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5203
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 am

GjenetCarro wrote:I asked all my friends if we can save up enough money to buy a phone jacker so when the oblivious want to text or call, they have no service :lol:
The cinema should just install one in every theater room - a signal blocker so that no one can get phone reception within the room. They have them in other public places (they are opposite to WiFi 'hot spots' - I guess they could be called 'cold spots'? LOL) so it would make sense to have them at the cinemas too. :)
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
GjenetCarro wrote:I asked all my friends if we can save up enough money to buy a phone jacker so when the oblivious want to text or call, they have no service :lol:
The cinema should just install one in every theater room - a signal blocker so that no one can get phone reception within the room. They have them in other public places (they are opposite to WiFi 'hot spots' - I guess they could be called 'cold spots'? LOL) so it would make sense to have them at the cinemas too. :)
The only problem there would be if there was an on call doctor or emergency volunteer wanting to go and see a film as they would not be contactable. I think big warnings that if you use a mobile you will be asked to leave and then be known for doing that should be enough. I bet not too many people in the Alamo Drafthouse use their phones now after laughing at another woman's humiliation.

User avatar
GjenetCarro
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:10 am
Location: US

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by GjenetCarro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 pm

JulieSmith wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:
GjenetCarro wrote:I asked all my friends if we can save up enough money to buy a phone jacker so when the oblivious want to text or call, they have no service :lol:
The cinema should just install one in every theater room - a signal blocker so that no one can get phone reception within the room. They have them in other public places (they are opposite to WiFi 'hot spots' - I guess they could be called 'cold spots'? LOL) so it would make sense to have them at the cinemas too. :)
The only problem there would be if there was an on call doctor or emergency volunteer wanting to go and see a film as they would not be contactable. I think big warnings that if you use a mobile you will be asked to leave and then be known for doing that should be enough. I bet not too many people in the Alamo Drafthouse use their phones now after laughing at another woman's humiliation.
I thought doctors still used pagers :? I think pagers would still be able to be used if there is a phone jacker :?:
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul - hope you like what you see."
~ Aldo Leopold

"We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
~ Gerald Hausman

User avatar
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by Misaya » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:My mother would have all the girls each carry a purse and would have them all filled with candy from the store :roll: that's the only rule we would break.
I always used to take sweets and drinks for my sons when i took them to the cinema. What they sell is such a rip off. You just have to cough everytime you pop the tab on a can of juice to disguise the sound :D
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Post by Tiantai » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 pm

:lol:
Watching this old video is always so entertaining no matter how long ago it was posted.
Image

Post Reply