Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by Nino » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:50 am

I got my computer back from repair today..!! *dancing*

I have really missed it the last 2½ weeks! also.. it is much more silent now since they gave it a new fan (yeay, it wasn't what was the general problem, but it could of course have caused it!)

It's aliiiiiive! <3
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:44 am

Congratulations :D sucks been computerless...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 pm

My old laptop died, I need to get a hard drive replacement as well as transfer all the lost items over from the laptop to my new one since I don't want to delete anything important

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Supposed to be on our way to a training location in the snow with our dogs... But 2 huge problems occurred.
no snow....
and we had our last dry-land race last weekend and the dogs got infected by a virus. By now we have 8 really sick dogs. Vomiting, diarea and refusing to eat. :( Started with just 1 dog, but everyday we get 2 more dogs sick. Only 4 dogs that are okay...for now.

And they did so well... they showed their conditio was absolutely great! A really hard race, with a lot of teams quitting on the 2nd day because it was too hard for them. And our team won 1st price with no sign of exhaustion or myalgia. So proud of them! WE were ready for the snow and having fun!
And now... they are one big mess... poor guys :(

We have to clean the house and kennels whole day through. bleegh....

Sorry, just ventilating some frustration ;)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:15 am

Ahhh shit (literally!!) - that sucks so much!!! :( :(
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 am

And Kal-le joined in last night... 9 down, 3 to go :?

But on the bright side: Duke, who stopped eating on Sunday, had a tiny bit to eat last night! Yeah!! After 6 days of refusing everything, that is so great to see!

Cornelia1986
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cornelia1986 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:06 pm

:? I really hope your dogs are doing better in a few days
There once was a wolf-
a wolf lonlier than the mountains

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Wow that is really terrible!!

- So it seems that Sølve has a tiny bit of food (but mostly treat) aggression.. My partner is keeping a friends Icelandic Sheepdog bitch who is 8 years old, while her friend is in Austria with her mom doing the Christmas, so while my partner is visiting me and my family for the weekend, we decided that taking the dog with her down here.

Everything is going fine most of the time, Sølve and the other dog is not too interested in interacting with each other, but are definitely sending a lot of signals of tolerance and calming so they do fine with each other.
Until someone decides to treat the dogs.. Even though they might be treated in totally different places to keep problems down Sølve will see that the other dog is getting something SHE thinks she is supposed to get and then they will start fighting.. they haven't really hurt each other luckily, and both can be snarling maniacs to listen to and watch, but because of the size difference I really don't want them to get too worked up so I just react pulling the dogs from each other..
To do this I grabbed Sølve's collar, or so I thought.. Sølve apparently moved right as I was grabbing her which resulted in me getting tagged by the other dog and now I have a small bite wound on my hand..
None of the dogs were hurt, so I am guessing it was my own fault and that was not supposed to be anything but a tag on Sølve but since I meddled the other dog could not calculate where to hit and hit me instead..
Hurts just a tiny bit :?
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 pm

That sucks... Sam growls when he is eating meat and the cats walk by, the only food he guards, so i started hand feeding teeny tiny bits while they were sat together and if the dog (or cat) made a peep, i would just stop and not do anything for a few minutes... Doesn't sound like that would help you tho...

---------------------

Got sent some interesting info... I tried looking on Jennies fb page to see if i could pick out any info but it seem's i've been blocked as i can't find it (or she is no longer on fb).

Did anyone know Riker had been re-homed? Click .

Looks like he's been re-homed on a weeks trial and the person on the trial sold him on within the week and now she has no idea where he is...

Just mentioning it in case someone in the area he got moved on to see's or hears anything.

I also think they both should reevaluate their re-homing process since it obviously doesn't work out in the best interests of the dog 1st time...

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Poor Guy..
but now she "accidentally" bred him to get a litter where she kept at least two, so she must not need him anymore, now that she has at least 3 CEDs.. she couldn't breed it to any of the offspring anyway..
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Its worrying because there are some dog fighting rings in lincs/surrounding area (not sure of exact location). 2 people got prosecuted not long ago but there must have been more than 2 people involved. That's why i thought i'd post it hear just in case he is seen somewhere.
If he got sold to someone who intends on looking after him and keeping him (my/everyones preferred scenario), he won't, in theory, have been sold within the same area and risk Jennie seeing so i thought people on the forum who are further afield can keep an eye out...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 am

And now the beginning of the Winter holidays for me as well as the end of my job at Celestica (I am leaving for post-grad in January) :D :D Going to miss seeing those enormous solar panels that I've been manufacturing with my friends and co-workers at the warehouse for the last five months :(

Happy Holidays everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza, and have an exciting upcoming New Year! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:23 pm

rant--
Well, Christmas sucks. I hate Christmas. You know why? Because friends screw you over on Christmas eve. F***kin' friends. yeah.
Thanks a lot duchebag.
The guy we are renting our house to is moving out. Like now. He'll be out in three days. Shit. I can't afford rent and a mortgage. SOB!
And the ass called me on Christmas eve to tell me he is moving out, pronto. What kind of person does this? Certainly not a friend. Thanks a lot ass wipe. I hope karma bites you in the ass.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Hawthorne wrote:rant--
Well, Christmas sucks. I hate Christmas. You know why? Because friends screw you over on Christmas eve. F***kin' friends. yeah.
Thanks a lot duchebag.
The guy we are renting our house to is moving out. Like now. He'll be out in three days. Shit. I can't afford rent and a mortgage. SOB!
And the ass called me on Christmas eve to tell me he is moving out, pronto. What kind of person does this? Certainly not a friend. Thanks a lot ass wipe. I hope karma bites you in the ass.
Do y'all have a lease contract? If there is and his lease term isn't up, you can have him pay rent until his lease is up unless the contract says otherwise... My mom had someone break their lease 2 months after moving in; fortunately, the house was in a desirable location and we found someone else to lease it pretty fast. But we did end up taking the guy to court for damages to the property and breaking lease. Took us about 6 months (quite fast) for him to pay us.

I sincerely hope everything works out. Just remember: there's good karma and bad karma. Good karma will come to you. :) I can't give you a hug in person, so I hope a virtual hug will do.

Image <-- will this hug work for now? :p

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:41 am

Hopefully you will find someone to move in just as fast!
I was going to ask if you don't have a lease contract, but ^ already did..

Rules here in the country is that the landlord can demand 3 months worth of prepaid rent (which can then be used if the person renting moves out and a new for renting cannot be found right away - if someone is found and the person moves out right away then he will get the rest of the rent back) and 3 months worth of deposit should the person renting totally destroy the rented place..

Most places here then have a 3 month contract saying that they have to give 3 months notice, but I have also lived at a place which had 1 month notice and 1 month worth of deposit (and since the place I rented was perfect and even more clean when I moved out than in I just used the deposit as last month rent)..

But the guy really sux!!
>> Nino <<

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:51 am

Worry Rant:

My sister made some mashed potatoes to bring to her in-law's christmas party tonight. It was left out on the counter covered in plastic wrap. Lately, Abby has been counter surfing and I honestly think it's because she knows she can push her boundaries in this house on top of the fact that she's much more comfortable pushing the really bad no-no boundaries (i.e. counter surfing).

While my sister and her fiance were getting ready, me and my mom were upstairs which left the dog to roam around downstairs. My sister came out a little while ago after hearing some odd lapping sound and caught Abby eating the potatoes. There's garlic in it, but I doubt my sister put enough to where it'd make Abby sick (she probably ate two heaping handfuls of potato). What I'm concerned about is the plastic wrap that Abby very likely ate... /sigh

It didn't help that when my mom heard about it, she went to go yell at the dog (2 minutes after the fact). Abby had been locked in her crate after she was caught. When my mom started staring and yelling at her, Abby charged the kennel door in retaliation. Thank goodness this is the crate that Abby can't bust out of as I wouldn't have gotten to Abby in time before she (likely) corrected my mom further. I got over there and yelled at my mom and told her to leave and then I corrected the dog for her burst of aggression.

I'm not OK with the fact that Abby is this comfortable to the point where she thinks it's OK to correct a human (even though my mom was wrong) and that she's breaking all these rules...gotta move out and do a restructure program with her. :\

At least now, everyone in the household agreed to the rule of if there's food out on the counter/table/whatever, then the dog gets locked up in the crate; no excuses. If it had been the chocolate cupcakes that were out on the counter last night (during the party), then I'd be in a huge world of worry...don't want that to happen; not during the holidays.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 am

Oh wow, that sux... We have to pay a month in advance and have to give a months notice before we can leave. It's usually written in the contract and we can be taken to small claims court for the month's rent. Hope you can get someone in asap...

Sorry things arn't going well with abby... I learnt a long time ago not to leave things out and a dog alone alone with it. No matter the training, alone with food takes some great restraint and will power (even for kids, if it's something yummy, take some will power to not pinch a bit and they have the ability to know better).
You have a plan of action for rebuilding her boundaries?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:18 am

TerriHolt wrote:Sorry things arn't going well with abby... I learnt a long time ago not to leave things out and a dog alone alone with it. No matter the training, alone with food takes some great restraint and will power (even for kids, if it's something yummy, take some will power to not pinch a bit and they have the ability to know better).
You have a plan of action for rebuilding her boundaries?
The thing is that she was caught counter surfing a few months after we got her (that's when she first bit me. lol.) After that, she never did it again...until now, which is over 4 years later.

If things go well, I'll be moving out of this house into my own place in about 2 months from now. New environment, rules and boundaries will be strictly reinforced for at least 2 weeks - that's standard protocol for me with permanent transitions. During those 2 weeks, I set up situations to where I don't want her to do something and then when she makes a mistake, I correct it the first time; whichever boundaries she tries to test, I keep setting her up on those and correcting her.

I'm just worried about the plastic wrap, but since I don't have hydrogen peroxide and more than 45 minutes have passed, I can't force Abby to throw up what she ate. Lesson learned to always have hydrogen peroxide (non-expired) on hand. lol. And don't leave the dog out when there's food on the counter anymore, apparently.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:52 am

Yes we have a lease through next August. But we are putting it up for sale...I guess sooner rather than later. No one will want to move in now :/
Tracy Graziano

sleep on a sofa nearby

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:29 am

Hawthorne wrote:Yes we have a lease through next August. But we are putting it up for sale...I guess sooner rather than later. No one will want to move in now :/
Then might I suggest putting it up for sale after the holidays? In the meantime, I'd suggest making a trip to your house and tallying up the damages, get a quote on repairs (if necessary) and then tally up how much rent he owes you 'til the contract ends. After the $ amount is tallied up, then get your money back...take him up in court if you have to. Though, I'd try to work it out amongst yourselves before going straight to court, of course.

If the market in PA is anything like it is down here, then I'd try putting it on the market as soon as the summer season is starting up. Real estate market down here is absolutely insane...everyone under the sun is trying to buy. All the properties under $250k are gone within 24-72 hours of being posted. The properties that need a lot of work and/or have issues will usually last, on average, about 2-3 months, but those are gone too. Many investors...the issue right now is that there's too much demand and not enough supply. Worst time to buy a house right now and the best time to sell.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 am

Holy that's some way for an individual to try and ruin your holidays. I hope you get your money back and beat him down to a pulp.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 am

arianwenarie wrote:Many investors...the issue right now is that there's too much demand and not enough supply. Worst time to buy a house right now and the best time to sell.
Hmmmm that's interesting... it's the exact opposite situation here in Croatia right now! :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am

Opposite situation in Alberta as well! How odd ;)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:35 am

Most of the USA is in the opposite situation, only places I have heard of decent housing markets in USA are some areas of Texas and North Dakota. I am sure there are a few more but, most economies are still suffering pretty bad.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 am

I dare say that in Toronto we are suffering the same situation with those new houses and the sluggish sales but in neighbour cities like Richmond Hill, Aurora, New Market, and many parts further outside of the GTA it is the opposite. I guess it's cuz more people are moving north and less people want to buy a house here in Toronto.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
arianwenarie wrote:Many investors...the issue right now is that there's too much demand and not enough supply. Worst time to buy a house right now and the best time to sell.
Hmmmm that's interesting... it's the exact opposite situation here in Croatia right now! :D
I think we have it like in Croatia ..

it's a buyers market for sure..
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 am

Uk has many, many houses for sale (not near enough to rent) but most people can't get the 10% deposit needed (10k minimum). They are now saying that lenders will only give a mortgage if you are guaranteed to pay it off by the age of 70 so that puts a lot of the older 1st time buyers out the loop.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:27 am

Only two more days left before countdown, so excited!

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

I met with a few realtors last week and they say to list it as soon as it's cleaned out and cleaned. We will probably lose money on the house, if not go into a short sale :( At this point, we just need to get rid of it. :( So very sad. We put a ton of money into that house and I love it so very much. Waa!
Well, here's to a Happy New Year, hopefully we'll turn over a new leaf, get the house sold and start over.
Tracy Graziano

sleep on a sofa nearby

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Hawthorne wrote:I met with a few realtors last week and they say to list it as soon as it's cleaned out and cleaned. We will probably lose money on the house, if not go into a short sale :( At this point, we just need to get rid of it. :( So very sad. We put a ton of money into that house and I love it so very much. Waa!
Well, here's to a Happy New Year, hopefully we'll turn over a new leaf, get the house sold and start over.
Bummer... hope it all works out for you!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 am

Ok, i'm doing more rambling than usual lately but this warrants it...

I have recently become an admin on a pet selling page, i don't like them on fb, gumtree or preloved but i thought if i admin, i can control some aspect of it at least...

Well, a bloke selling akita pups made a mistake and implied they'd be ready at 7 weeks not 8 so i politely informed him and he made a note of @ 8 weeks old on the bottom...

Another member commented: (a recap for those not on fb)...
these puppies are absolutely stunning, with lovely akita markings, and just to clarify for people puppies are allowed to leave there mother's from 6 weeks of age as long as they are weaned, which these puppies will be, a matter of a few days from 7 1/2 weeks is not going to have any detrimental effect on them x
So i did my duty of 'educating' members that no, 6 weeks is not acceptable. She questioned my expertise on breeding to which i had to admit i had none but i know a lot of people who know what they are talking about and have gone through a few recommended books.
She went on to state i could stick with my books and she will use her experience as a Vet Nurse... This boiled my blood... i questioned which vet, she deflected, i questioned again she ignored so i pm'd...

I got a screen shot of my pm on her fb page with her then stating i blocked her (i never did) but she still didn't answer me...

Sounding childish so far isn't it... but i was angry that a vet would employ someone who knows so little...

--------------------new info arrives--------------------

Now i'm past angry, i'm furious...

This is the woman who said pups are allowed to leave at 6 weeks as long as they are weaned... This is the woman the vets trust with mine and 100's of other people pets!!
A WOMAN stole £1,000 raised for charity after her two-year- old nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Adele Pyper, 30, helped raise the money for brain tumour research after her nephew Kaleel Pyper was diagnosed with the terminal condition.
But she spent all the cash that had been raised at a charity event before Kaleel died.

After his death, the toddler's parents became suspicious about whether the money had been sent to the charity and called in the police.

Pyper was given a six-month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, and was ordered to pay £1,000 compensation to the Brain Tumour Research Fund.
I knew her name was familiar, i couldn't put my name on it so i asked a friend who's in germany (we went to same school)...

Right now i couldn't be more angry with my vet (soon to be ex) practice.... May be i'm wrong for been so angry they employed her, she has paid her dues and it was a yr and 5 month ago but he was family, her nephew...

People need to be able to trust the people they leave their fur babies with, could you trust that? If she could be so cruel to a 2 yr old nephew, how can she care about animals?

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... story.html

Rant done... :oops:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 am

In denmark it is illegal to rehome puppies (without their mother) before the age of 8 weeks.. simply because they NEED that time..
It have even been discussed if that should be changed to 12 weeks like it is with kittens..

Vet nurse don't really count for anything much I guess.. she could have done her education in rats and that would still qualify her to be dealing with peoples dogs and cats and horses..
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
Pyper was given a six-month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, and was ordered to pay £1,000 compensation to the Brain Tumour Research Fund.
Right now i couldn't be more angry with my vet (soon to be ex) practice.... May be i'm wrong for been so angry they employed her, she has paid her dues and it was a yr and 5 month ago but he was family, her nephew...
2 things:

1) have you considered the fact that perhaps your vet clinic has no idea about her criminal background? Perhaps she lied on her CV or didn't tell them about her conviction and they hired her without knowing all the facts - IF she is capable of this, perhaps she even lied about her qualifications! Either way, I would definitely discuss this with your vet in person to find out more info... and then make up your mind, depending on their response, if you want to switch to a new clinic. Perhaps they really have no idea about who she really is, which leads me to the next point:

2) You should double check to make sure that it really IS the same person. Do you recognize her in the photo? You said it happened a year and 5 months ago, but the punishment was a six-month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months. IF it is her, wouldn't she still be in prison right now (and for 1 more month). Or did she serve the time and THEN get hired by the vet clinic? This is something you should find out as it's not uncommon for people to share the same name and it could be easy to accidentally get the wrong person mixed up.

Anyway, I linked the KC rules to you on FB... since these are Akita puppies, surely they are KC registered and are thus subject to KC rules (not to be sold under 8 weeks old). Luckily it sounds like you got through to the breeder, shame about the ignorant vet nurse. IF it is the same person who committed that money theft, maybe it would be a good idea to take a printout of that news-article along with a printout of the screenshot about the Akita puppies to the vet clinic and sit down with your vet in person to discuss it with them and why you feel it is unacceptable and that you are considering switching to a new clinic. It would be good to inform them about her, in case they have no idea - and it is obviously reflecting badly on their vet clinic and making them lose customers, etc.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Nino wrote:In denmark it is illegal to rehome puppies (without their mother) before the age of 8 weeks.. simply because they NEED that time..
It have even been discussed if that should be changed to 12 weeks like it is with kittens..

Vet nurse don't really count for anything much I guess.. she could have done her education in rats and that would still qualify her to be dealing with peoples dogs and cats and horses..
It should be illegal everywhere but unfortunately there is no law against it in the uk.

I think a vet nurse counts for less than i thought... They still help vets where lives of loved family pets are at risk... Worrying...
Sylvaen wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:
2 things:

1) have you considered the fact that perhaps your vet clinic has no idea about her criminal background? Perhaps she lied on her CV or didn't tell them about her conviction and they hired her without knowing all the facts - IF she is capable of this, perhaps she even lied about her qualifications! Either way, I would definitely discuss this with your vet in person to find out more info... and then make up your mind, depending on their response, if you want to switch to a new clinic. Perhaps they really have no idea about who she really is, which leads me to the next point:

2) You should double check to make sure that it really IS the same person. Do you recognize her in the photo? You said it happened a year and 5 months ago, but the punishment was a six-month prison sentence, suspended for 12 months. IF it is her, wouldn't she still be in prison right now (and for 1 more month). Or did she serve the time and THEN get hired by the vet clinic? This is something you should find out as it's not uncommon for people to share the same name and it could be easy to accidentally get the wrong person mixed up.

Anyway, I linked the KC rules to you on FB... since these are Akita puppies, surely they are KC registered and are thus subject to KC rules (not to be sold under 8 weeks old). Luckily it sounds like you got through to the breeder, shame about the ignorant vet nurse. IF it is the same person who committed that money theft, maybe it would be a good idea to take a printout of that news-article along with a printout of the screenshot about the Akita puppies to the vet clinic and sit down with your vet in person to discuss it with them and why you feel it is unacceptable and that you are considering switching to a new clinic. It would be good to inform them about her, in case they have no idea - and it is obviously reflecting badly on their vet clinic and making them lose customers, etc.

She didn't actually get sent to prison, she got a 6 month suspended sentence for 12 months... That means that if she did anything illegal within 12 month, she would go to prison for that 6, if she was good, she would not go to prison... kinda a good behavior thing...
It's the same person, i have a mutual friend with her and his mum has known her mum for a number of years (used to be best friends or something). I double checked it was the same person. He was surprised to find out she got a job at the vets. I have an appointment with a new vet today and i will go see my old vet after that.

I was going to leave there anyway, this just gave me the push i need. i've been loyal to the same vet for years as was my mum, change has been kinda hard (that and sam hates the car and i can't walk there) but there is a whole new load of vets there now who don't seem to care as much about the animals as they do the money :( .

My GSD had an eye problem (red, swolen, itchy and sore from itching) and when it came to paying for medication my card didn't work, so i went to the cash machine and it didn't work there either. I knew the money was there but it was evening and the bank was closed so i had to go back, apologize saying my card won't work and i can pay in the morning when the bank opens (they knew where i lived, i had never not paid for anything before and a lifetime of family loyalty since the practice opened didn't help)...
So they told me i can pick the medication up then, the same medication that would ease my girls pain and irritation.

I also had a rabbit called bobby who broke his leg, it took an hour of negotiation with the manager for them to do anything. Because it was an op (wasn't some medication they could with hold), my bf didn't get paid for another 6 days they was reluctant... But after an hour of tears and begging them to save my bunny, they operated... But they put him under without weighing him and he never woke up again...

I was talking with the akita owner with pups last night and he said he's not been there for ages because they let his best friend die (his dog) for the sake of £80 (he was still upset so i didn't ask anymore)...

I have never been for more than injections past few years and i've been hoping no emergencies came up... I've been putting off taking Sam to get fixed, thinking of excuses to not take him because i've been scared to... I've even been dreading his next lot of injections... The last time she tried sneaking up behind him while i stroked him, i told her it wouldn't work... He panicked, bucked and jumped about.. I asked if i could take him out to calm down and she said no, she doesn't have time to waste and there are other people due in after me... So i had to do a grab and cesar pin to the floor to get it over with (you have no idea how guilty that made me, he forgave me quickly tho)...
I'd have left and made an appointment for another day but she said i'd have to still pay the consultation fee and the injection fee because it will have to be wasted...

So yes, i've been wanting to change vets for a while

Reading back on that makes me feel like the worst pet owner ever! :( :oops: In my defense, i've only been able to drive since march and had no one willing to mess their car up with pet hair...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm

wow... that sounds like a terrible vet clinic! Time to get a new vet for sure!!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Sylvaen wrote:wow... that sounds like a terrible vet clinic! Time to get a new vet for sure!!
Yes, unfortunately they are the only vet in town and convenient for those who do not drive (like me until last march)... Other vets have tried to establish hear but couldn't quite take the business... My mum and a few other family members left them a few years ago.
The new vet is going to require Sam to get in the car which he refuses to do (not sure if i mentioned we took a backward step with that and he won't go near it again :? ) for a half hour car ride (taking him to the vet in the car really isn't going to help with getting him to like it)... But, for the best is for the best i guess...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm

A friend sent me some links on pre-loved... one of which i find very confusing...

Link
WOLF hybrid PUPPIES

Details

Type: Business Advert
Price: £2,000 each
Updated: 13 days ago

Breed: German shepherd
Sex: Mixed Litter
Current Age: 11 weeks
Ready to Leave: at 8 weeks
Kennel Club Registered: No
Microchipped: Yes
Neutered: No
More Details At

http://www.wolfzone.info

(Links to external web site)
Description

British wolf dog puppies stunning pups.
Both parents are bva hip scored and health screened.
Parents are very friendly with people and pets.
These pups are the most stunning litter of Inuits nice heavy coats.
Pups will be insured wormed microchipped with Royal Canin puppy packs and after sales advice.
So are they wolf hybrids, GSD's or Inuits?

All the links to wolfdog puppies/dogs are from the same member, Shoshone in Devon, Web:http://www.wolfzone.info.
Anyone know of them? The name 'wolfzone' gives me a deja vous feeling... I can't view the web page on my mobile.
Seem's odd to get rid of a young female due to lack of space but have 2 or more litters of puppies...

Link 2 (WOLF LOOK ALIKE PUPPIES, no breed stated anywhere and if they have wolfdogs, why is this one a "look-a-like?)

Link 3 (Wolfdog but again, no breeds stated)

Link 4 <---[Only for sale as lack of space] Too many puppies? (This little lady stuck in my mind for some reason, can't quite put my finger on it)...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:38 pm

http://www.webheads.co.uk/sleddog/ezine ... Stress.pdf

this someone might find interesting although the time of year most places might not be it.. :)
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Interesting, this calls for more information digging...

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Just one more reason why I do not wish to see the Tamaskan Dog to be recognized by the AKC: http://oisforonward.com/2013/01/dear-ak ... u-know-it/

Whether others share my sentiment or not, please leave a comment... :|

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm

:evil: wow...
Every dog, purebred or not, could never be worthless. For the AKC to say that a mutt is worthless just boggles my mind on how they could call themselves dog lovers.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 am

HiTenshi16 wrote::evil: wow...
Every dog, purebred or not, could never be worthless. For the AKC to say that a mutt is worthless just boggles my mind on how they could call themselves dog lovers.
They also tend to forget that many breeds we have today originated from selectively crossbreeding mutts to purebreds. ;) On a brighter note and taking that into consideration, I find it amusing how they're hypocrites too...at least, the person they chose to represent AKC. :roll:

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 pm

well thankfully I can say that DKK (Danish Kennel Club) does have standards to which breeders have to obey to register their pups, so the DKK pedigree still have quite the creditability.
Also there are laws here that states that no one person can have more than 4 dogs living permanently on their property unless they are routinely visited by both a Veternarian and the police to ensure that the living conditions are good enough..

I am however sad to say that I have never really regarded AKC as being anything creditable.. you really just have to state that the litter is this and this breed born from these parents and then they can have papers, no checking they even look like the breed or are healthy :? as far as I know at least (eg. Double merle collies :? )
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:28 am

Put through my payment for Wylie Coyote Primrose (Seirra Kaweah) today, hopefully it all goes through. The bank lady was super nice and even shook my hand after she hit transfer, what a gem :D
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 am

So excited for you Katlin :mrgreen: You will be able to make it to the show in WI this year, right?

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:59 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:So excited for you Katlin :mrgreen: You will be able to make it to the show in WI this year, right?
I'm trying to get things together for it but I'm not 100% sure, depends on when I want my holidays, who (if anyone) will make the drive with me, etc. I wish there was a closer show TBH, 34 hours is a loooong drive (about 3 days) and then 3 days back. I'm really stuck because I wanna meet everyone :/
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 am

So happy for you! How long you gotta wait now? Less than 2 weeks?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

TerriHolt wrote:So happy for you! How long you gotta wait now? Less than 2 weeks?
10 days from today :D
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Katlin wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:So happy for you! How long you gotta wait now? Less than 2 weeks?
10 days from today :D
Wow, 10 days... This is the longest 8 weeks ever and i'm not the one waiting for him :oops: You must be going crazy with waiting :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Maybe he'll be small enough still to fly as carryon?? ;)