Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:19 am

Oh dear- all my aussie dog friends keep mentioning clean run having free shipping on all orders over $100.
It's so hard not to go crazy and just buy heaps of stuff.

Everything is so much cheaper than we find it her in Australia
Aeukanmanuva Wintermoon AKA Esky the Husky

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: upcoming Freyja x Dylan litter

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Convel wrote:The wait is killing me! How does everyone stand it :lol: ?!
LOL. I've been following the Tamaskan breed since '08 and I'm still not ready for a pup. Good thing I'm finally in the dog field, career-wise. Haha. I work with dogs every day and there are ups and downs, but the ups normally far outweigh the bad. :)

When I run out of dog stuff for the day, I usually turn to my old hobby...anime. :mrgreen: And my search on dog food never ends...I just found out that "powdered cellulose" in pet food is sawdust - have yet to verify that though. But it's scary to think there's sawdust in some canned foods I see! D:

/scurries away before more off-topic-ness can occur

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Saga has started her first season today :) my baby girl is growing up :?

Her timing is terrible though we were meant to be going away this weekend so are either going to have to cancel or rethink doggy care. :roll:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 pm

JulieSmith wrote:Saga has started her first season today :) my baby girl is growing up :?

Her timing is terrible though we were meant to be going away this weekend so are either going to have to cancel or rethink doggy care. :roll:
Congratulations to Saga... Sorry it comes at such a bad time.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 pm

AZDehlin wrote:
JulieSmith wrote:Saga has started her first season today :) my baby girl is growing up :?

Congratulations to Sage... Sorry it comes at such a bad time.
They are like kids great at bad timing :lol: it's a good job we love them.

I was also thinking of booking her in to be neutered as well. When I first got her I did think it might be nice to breed her, but now she is getting older and I have read a bit more I don't think it is for me. I would be terrified something would go wrong and then you have to find good homes, not to mention the expense of any equipment we may need. I am now not looking forward to the next few weeks, she can not go to doggy day care which she loves and there are a lot of unneutered males where we walk so that will be a nightmare. :twisted: this could test my sanity :lol:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 pm

congratz saga :P sorry it was bad timing tho.

it seems like there is always a lady in season where i live. it's made off lead training a nightmare, he gets his nose into smells and then can't hear anything :roll: .

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 pm

TerriHolt wrote:congratz saga :P sorry it was bad timing tho.

it seems like there is always a lady in season where i live. it's made off lead training a nightmare, he gets his nose into smells and then can't hear anything :roll: .
Must be a pain. At least it's only mice squirrels birds and the odd fox that disract Saga :lol:

blackrose
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by blackrose » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:47 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Convel wrote:The wait is killing me! How does everyone stand it :lol: ?!
LOL. I've been following the Tamaskan breed since '08 and I'm still not ready for a pup. Good thing I'm finally in the dog field, career-wise. Haha. I work with dogs every day and there are ups and downs, but the ups normally far outweigh the bad. :)

When I run out of dog stuff for the day, I usually turn to my old hobby...anime. :mrgreen: And my search on dog food never ends...I just found out that "powdered cellulose" in pet food is sawdust - have yet to verify that though. But it's scary to think there's sawdust in some canned foods I see! D:

/scurries away before more off-topic-ness can occur
Continuing the off-topicness...

Another anime fan, hooray! :D
~*~My furkids: Chloe (dog), Dameon (ferret), Cid (dwarf hamster) ~*~
~*~ The Other Half: Cynder, Cooper, Gracie (dogs), Choco, Bees (rats) ~*~
~*~Family critters: Rose (dog), Apollo, Mikey, Penelope, Mitzi, Lilly (cats) ~*~
Gone, but never forgotten. We'll miss you.
Blackie: 1/18/96-3/9/10 * Casey: 1/26/05-11/1/10 * Ruben: 12/4/06 - 9/22/11 * Rinnie: 12/4/07-5/23/12

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

This house has many anime fans.

I've been a Miyazaki fan for over 20 years now...starting with "Warriors of the Wind" which was *thankfully* re-released in it's proper form as Nausicaa...then Princess Mononoke :D my fav :D , and Spirited Away...and I just found out that he also worked on the original Lord of the Rings animated films, AND The Last Unicorn--WHICH IS BEING RE-RELEASED IN 2012 WITH NEW FOOTAGE! Hooray!

:oops: and I'm 34 years old :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: It helps to have a 13 year old in the house. :lol:
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 pm

JulieSmith wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:

Congratulations to Sage... Sorry it comes at such a bad time.
They are like kids great at bad timing :lol: it's a good job we love them.

I was also thinking of booking her in to be neutered as well. When I first got her I did think it might be nice to breed her, but now she is getting older and I have read a bit more I don't think it is for me. I would be terrified something would go wrong and then you have to find good homes, not to mention the expense of any equipment we may need. I am now not looking forward to the next few weeks, she can not go to doggy day care which she loves and there are a lot of unneutered males where we walk so that will be a nightmare. :twisted: this could test my sanity :lol:

Neuter a female dog?! Lol I think you mean spay, but I get the picture.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

Convel wrote:
JulieSmith wrote: They are like kids great at bad timing :lol: it's a good job we love them.

Neuter a female dog?! Lol I think you mean spay, but I get the picture.
Neuter(Neutering/neutralization is from the Latin neuter meaning of neither sex) can actually be the right word for both sex' :)
Sterilize is for female (or spray)
castrate if a male (fix)..
>> Nino <<

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am

Haha! I once had an argument with someone who insisted "spay" was for cats and "neuter" was for dogs. WOW! hahaha....
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:54 am

Hawthorne wrote:This house has many anime fans.

I've been a Miyazaki fan for over 20 years now...starting with "Warriors of the Wind" which was *thankfully* re-released in it's proper form as Nausicaa...then Princess Mononoke :D my fav :D , and Spirited Away...and I just found out that he also worked on the original Lord of the Rings animated films, AND The Last Unicorn--WHICH IS BEING RE-RELEASED IN 2012 WITH NEW FOOTAGE! Hooray!

:oops: and I'm 34 years old :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: It helps to have a 13 year old in the house. :lol:
/continues the hi-jacking of this thread :)

Have you watched Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo? I love both of them and have watched all of Miyazaki's movies. Even the one his son made: Gedo Senki: Tales from Earthsea. :D I loooooove My Neighbor Totoro. Ah, childhood anime...grew up watching anime and still love it. :)

/end temp hi-jack

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 am

Hahha as a kid I used to think all dogs were boys and all cats were girls :lol:

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am

KOL! ash your a knob.
Image Image

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:41 am

:P I bet I'm not the only one who thought that.

Now I have a boy cat and a girl dog :P messes with my little system

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:This house has many anime fans.

Have you watched Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo? I love both of them and have watched all of Miyazaki's movies. Even the one his son made: Gedo Senki: Tales from Earthsea. :D I loooooove My Neighbor Totoro. Ah, childhood anime...grew up watching anime and still love it. :)

/end temp hi-jack
Aw, man! I want to see Tales from Earthsea so bad! :twisted:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 am

EskyTheHusky wrote:Hahha as a kid I used to think all dogs were boys and all cats were girls :lol:
When I was really little I thought the same thing as well as rats were always girls and turtles were always boys... The weird things we all think when the world is new.

I had some way crazier hypothesizes on the world than that one... I could start a whole thread with some of the crazy things I thought. Anybody interested in a thread of weird things we thought when we were young?

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 am

Valravn wrote:
arianwenarie wrote:

/end temp hi-jack
Aw, man! I want to see Tales from Earthsea so bad! :twisted:
I'm sure you can find it on CrunchyRoll. :) Google it. Honestly, it was OK. I wasn't a big fan of the graphics - not sure why. :\ Ponyo was very cute and I'd definitely watch it again and again...all in English subbed, of course. 8-)

EDIT:
Although not a Miyazaki film, I'd also highly recommend the anime movie "Toki o Kakeru Shoujo" (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time).

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:31 am

i just want to say before anything gets 'posted' anywhere that i DID NOT say Bannows poisoned their own dogs... i would never and don't believe it for 1 second... just so you know an all that :? :D

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:26 pm

TerriHolt wrote:i just want to say before anything gets 'posted' anywhere that i DID NOT say Bannows poisoned their own dogs... i would never and don't believe it for 1 second... just so you know an all that :? :D
....huh? :?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Valravn wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:i just want to say before anything gets 'posted' anywhere that i DID NOT say Bannows poisoned their own dogs... i would never and don't believe it for 1 second... just so you know an all that :? :D
....huh? :?
sorry, quick mobile post. should have posted more :oops:

just remember to quote that IF anymore tam 'false's' get posted on 'Ronnie Marsh's' "Tamaskan Truth" facebook page :D . i have shamefully bitten to the messages been sent instead of ignoring him :oops: and he's been twisting things to mean what he wants it to mean :(
So you admit that the Bannows poisoned their own dogs.
just wanted to say before hand that i did not say this nor implied it in anyway...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 pm

random question: any assassin's creed and/or red dead fans here? :)
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Dallas wrote:random question: any assassin's creed and/or red dead fans here? :)
I have played a little assassin's creed.. it's good but I would rather watch it played than play :geek:

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:18 am

I'm pretty pleased, I just ordered my GoPro camera just in time for our family's trip to California. Just as a little (lol) gift to myself. Should be shipped out tomorrow or monday, yay!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

silvermagpie
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by silvermagpie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm

AZDehlin wrote:
EskyTheHusky wrote:Hahha as a kid I used to think all dogs were boys and all cats were girls :lol:
When I was really little I thought the same thing as well as rats were always girls and turtles were always boys... The weird things we all think when the world is new.

I had some way crazier hypothesizes on the world than that one... I could start a whole thread with some of the crazy things I thought. Anybody interested in a thread of weird things we thought when we were young?

Please, if you would :D

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Sylvaen wrote:As with previous forums... it's time to revive the "Ramble Away" topic! :D
In this thread you can post about anything you like, whatever comes to mind.

As for me, it's now gone 4am and it doesn't look like Vixen will be having the pups anytime soon this evening so I'm going to bed now... lol I was half-expecting it would be tonight so I stayed up, just incase, but now I'm guessing tomorrow instead. She's humongous but not showing any signs of going into labor or even any restlessness yet, she's just fat and content. Oh well, you can't rush nature! :)
I like the way you described her as being "fat and content" XD

Well I look forward to hearing more about Vixen. Just curiously, who did you attempted to breed her with this time?

By the way, the title of the topic "Ramble away" sounds a bit out of taste at the moment

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:53 am

If you look at the dates that was AGES ago Lucas. That was Vixen's first litter :lol:
Mon May 10, 2010 7:19 pm
Please watch those dates as you are bumping up topics, I'm noticing this seems to be happening quite often with you....
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 am

Why is the topic name "out of taste"?
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:Why is the topic name "out of taste"?
oh it's not... :D
Convel wrote:Please watch those dates as you are bumping up topics, I'm noticing this seems to be happening quite often with you....
yeah, i spent half hour trying to word something right then when i finished it hit me that i was having a deja vu moment so chenck the original date and realized i just wasted half hour :oops: :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Oopsies, thought it was Mon May 10, 2011, need new glasses

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
yeah, i spent half hour trying to word something right then when i finished it hit me that i was having a deja vu moment so chenck the original date and realized i just wasted half hour :oops: :lol:
:lol: I've done that twice now too, only to realize the "puppies" that were so cute are now over a year old hahahaha!
fangjingtuanlucas wrote:Oopsies, thought it was Mon May 10, 2011, need new glasses
But even then it's an older post ;)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:52 am

Does your tam chase lazer lights? :lol: I was so surprised by it, I was playing with luke my cat, he was chasing the little red light up and down the wall and across the room then mona lisa started chasing the light too it was so cute! Both pets were chasing the lights across the room :lol:

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 pm

This can quickly become a habit that you wont be able to control. Next it could be shadows etc. My Border Collie who is now 14 1/2 years old has
spent his entire life chasing shadows and lights. I have tried everything possible to stop this behaviour without success. Believe me it is a nightmare
walking him when the sun is out as he even chases my arm and hand shadows.
The only way I can get him to run off is throw him a stick lol... I laugh but
it has been a total headache and started when he was a puppy
playing with a light such as you mentioned. :(

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Blustag wrote:This can quickly become a habit that you wont be able to control. Next it could be shadows etc. My Border Collie who is now 14 1/2 years old has
spent his entire life chasing shadows and lights. I have tried everything possible to stop this behaviour without success. Believe me it is a nightmare
walking him when the sun is out as he even chases my arm and hand shadows.
The only way I can get him to run off is throw him a stick lol... I laugh but
it has been a total headache and started when he was a puppy
playing with a light such as you mentioned. :(

Oh wow :? well thank goodness she's only done it once, I'll make sure that she's not around when I play with Luke then, don't want my girl to pick up a bad habit ;)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Our German Shepherd mix, Rukia, is obsessed with the laser pointer, she absolutely loves chasing it, but she couldn't care less about any other lights or shadows. Ulric loves chasing it too, but he is not obsessed with it. We actually just bought one of those laser pointer machines that will stay on for 20 minutes and then shut off. We use it when we leave for work so they are entertained for a while, and so far I've come home to nothing gotten into.

I think it is okay to let your Tamaskan chase a laser pointer, as it does vary from each dog.

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:37 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Our German Shepherd mix, Rukia, is obsessed with the laser pointer, she absolutely loves chasing it, but she couldn't care less about any other lights or shadows. Ulric loves chasing it too, but he is not obsessed with it. We actually just bought one of those laser pointer machines that will stay on for 20 minutes and then shut off. We use it when we leave for work so they are entertained for a while, and so far I've come home to nothing gotten into.

I think it is okay to let your Tamaskan chase a laser pointer, as it does vary from each dog.

Very true :P I'll just monitor her then, make sure she doesn't get too crazy :P

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Just around now it's a year since I picked up Sølve in Germany.. *sigh*
SO many good hours have gone by since then, and SO much love she has given me and I her.

She carries a piece of my heart around with her.. <3
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 am

Totally random but I thought it was funny. Out of 777 things I "like" on facebook the top 2 pictures shown are both Tamaskan dogs ;) (I'm using the new timeline format).
Picture 5.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm

aww that's nice :D
My girl just got her new page in there a few days ago (Blustag Bridge of Sighs - if anyone is interested in finding her) :)
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Nino wrote:aww that's nice :D
My girl just got her new page in there a few days ago (Blustag Bridge of Sighs - if anyone is interested in finding her) :)
(She is the dog on the left in my pic) Facebook link here.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

haha thanks Convel :D
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Nino wrote:haha thanks Convel :D
You're very welcome :) :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 am

Whoo hoo! I don't know when, but my Tam-o-meter has been bumped up to Tamific! WOOT! I feel speshul. 8-)

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 am

Lol it was when you reached 100 posts. I got excited too when I got my first star :p
Image Image

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 am

Ah, so they work in increments of 100? Sweet...I've always been wondering what the promotion count was. I was expecting something tricky like a random 100s number such as 147, XD (Hey, that's a nice practical joke and if I ran a forum, I'd probably do that for kicks. :lol: )

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 am

congratz on your Tamific-ness :? .... :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Congrats on your first star, not sure how many I have, I will have to look after posting this!

1995 - I really do post too much :lol:

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Lol I think u do too! I've posted more in (almost) 4 months than some people that have been here for a lot longer than me
:p
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

JulieSmith wrote:Congrats on your first star, not sure how many I have, I will have to look after posting this!

1995 - I really do post too much :lol:

1442 - catching up too ya ;) :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein