Ramble Away...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Ramble Away...

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Just spotted this on Yahoo news, poetic justice of sorts, but poor dogs. :evil:

http://news.yahoo.com/abandoned-two-wee ... 55231.html

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:06 am

i saw that... the deserved what they got :evil: and i hope it was as painful as possible.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 am

Seems appropriate to say "Karma you jerk!"
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:00 pm

hi lynn, not rambling... just wondering :D . have you sent any pup's my way (i'm thinking is not you with how small it was)? well, same town actually... i didn't get a good look at the face but the colour and dark stripe down the back reminded me of ollie (http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1487 and other pups from the same litter) and it looked about 8 week old (roughly same size as sam was when i brought him home or maybe a tad, but not much, smaller)...

my partner said he saw a pup that 'looked' like a baby sam about a week ago too. i told him it can't be from you but i said i'd ask about anyway... i'll keep my eyes open to see if i can get a look at the face but they seemed to hurry off and by the time the image of ollie hit me they were gone... kinda left me with an odd feeling, like... did that just happen kinda thing but my partner was with me and he saw it too... i'll also ask about to see whey they are calling it. could it be some sort of red husky cross?

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:24 pm

One is in Newcastle upon Tyne and the other in Somerset so doubt it was a Tamaskan but you never know ;)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 pm

i told kev (my partner) i doubted it was (now i have it in writing and can show him and say ha! :mrgreen: ). still curious tho so i'll run after them (well, fast walk) next time to find out what it was :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:20 pm

I am still fuming from something I saw last night. I was driving home when I saw a bloke with a small dog in the centre of the dual carriage way, at first I thought it might be off the lead so I was keeping a close eye on it in case it ran out. It was on a lead on a harness, but as I passed he picked it up by the lead then dropped it back down :evil: . I had thought for a horrid moment that he was going to throw it over the rail behind him onto the motorway below, thankfully he did not do that, not sure what I would have done if he had done that.

I slammed the brakes on (thankfully no one was behind me) and sounded my horn, wound the window down and yelled at him not to do that to his dog. He tried to say he had not dropped it, as he then tried to look all kind by stroking it, but I said I had seen him. I chickened out of any more confrontation when he started crossing the road and drove off, it was in a bit of a rough area, so I did not know how he would react to me yelling at him and if he could do that to a small dog..... :evil:

I can only hope that someone having said something will make him think twice about doing something like that again, but I doubt it, poor little dog. I wish I had the courage and ability to have got out the car and really tell him what I thought, but I wasn't and apart from grabbing the dog off him there was not a lot more I could do.

I know they say you should raise your heart beat each day, but I am not sure that is the way to do it.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 am

i wish so much that iit surprised me :(

the past few weeks have made me give up on humanity altogether :( and tonight i find

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/girl-savaged-d ... 13670.html (another dog going to get destroyed because of a foolish human, not to mention the poor girl and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... _multiline .

i also threatened to throw a guy in the river with bricks attatched to his feet a few months back because he kicked his dog more than once. but i had to leave that fight (which i wouldn't normally do no matter how big they "think" they are) because he said he knows where me and my dog "sam" lived, "that house with the focus" outside. and if he cared that little about his own, did i think he gave a flying ____ about mine... he knew my dogs name and what car is outside, i didn't wanna chance anything when it came to sam so i couldn't even report him :( it has stook with me everyday, when i leave the house and the animals alone or what else his dog has to endure...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:55 am

TerriHolt wrote:i wish so much that iit surprised me :(

the past few weeks have made me give up on humanity altogether :( and tonight i find

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/girl-savaged-d ... 13670.html (another dog going to get destroyed because of a foolish human, not to mention the poor girl and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... _multiline .

i also threatened to throw a guy in the river with bricks attatched to his feet a few months back because he kicked his dog more than once. but i had to leave that fight (which i wouldn't normally do no matter how big they "think" they are) because he said he knows where me and my dog "sam" lived, "that house with the focus" outside. and if he cared that little about his own, did i think he gave a flying ____ about mine... he knew my dogs name and what car is outside, i didn't wanna chance anything when it came to sam so i couldn't even report him :( it has stook with me everyday, when i leave the house and the animals alone or what else his dog has to endure...
How horrid. You did the right thing, as awful as it is to walk away from that other poor dog your life and Sams life are important. Hopefully if he is that bad with the dog someone else will report him.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am

Ah relevant story for ya. A guy once met me on a walk with Snoopy, he had a beaut of a husky. I asked him where he got his dog and he said he stole it....umm ok? He said he'd seen 3 kids beating the crap out of the pup, only around 4 months old at the time. It was at the point where the little guy had just given up trying to bite. The guy said the pup was bleeding and clearly had broken bones. He went up to these kids with a trash can and scared them off, finally saying to one guy, you don't deserve this )(@*$@ dog. He took the puppy to the vet where it had 2 broken legs and a crushed chest, the guy said the pup was in casts for awhile but never gave up and was such a sweet chap. He named the pup Haven.

I found my longboard, I saw a guy on the train with it, sadly as you said, because he know where I live I decided not to mention it. As much as it totally sucks you are more important than anything :( so there wasn't anything you should have done past that point.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 am

Boreal wrote:Ah relevant story for ya. A guy once met me on a walk with Snoopy, he had a beaut of a husky. I asked him where he got his dog and he said he stole it....umm ok? He said he'd seen 3 kids beating the crap out of the pup, only around 4 months old at the time. It was at the point where the little guy had just given up trying to bite. The guy said the pup was bleeding and clearly had broken bones. He went up to these kids with a trash can and scared them off, finally saying to one guy, you don't deserve this )(@*$@ dog. He took the puppy to the vet where it had 2 broken legs and a crushed chest, the guy said the pup was in casts for awhile but never gave up and was such a sweet chap. He named the pup Haven.

I found my longboard, I saw a guy on the train with it, sadly as you said, because he know where I live I decided not to mention it. As much as it totally sucks you are more important than anything :( so there wasn't anything you should have done past that point.

awww, the poor pup... humans suck bug time eh?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:54 am

Seems like a snowstorm has hit my place.
The backyard is covered in fur.
Next time I'll have to check the wind direction and stay well away from the washing line WHOOPSIE!

Summer coat blows are the worst :(
Aeukanmanuva Wintermoon AKA Esky the Husky

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:39 am

EskyTheHusky wrote:Seems like a snowstorm has hit my place.
The backyard is covered in fur.
Next time I'll have to check the wind direction and stay well away from the washing line WHOOPSIE!

Summer coat blows are the worst :(
I try and remember to stay away from the back door no point brushing outside if it blows back in :lol:

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I must vent here since I don't think I can on Facebook, but I am so upset and dissapointed! Since we have lived in our house I have wanted the yard fenced, we finally got some supplies to start it up a few months ago and we were going to try putting it up ourselves since we can not afford much. Now I suddenly get e text from my husband (I'm guessing from frustration) saying that he no longer wants a fence :( I'm so upset now :cry:

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Sorry but what a ridiculous way to approach the subject :(
I would be very upset too.
If you've already bought the supplies you might as well put it up though, it's such a waste of money otherwise.

*e hugs*

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 pm

i'm sure he'll change his mind... men always throw hissy fits when they get frustratd :x :roll: but he won't wanna waste all that money :D

guess this is a good place to vent about people who are on facebook :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:50 pm

just wondering if any of you fantastic people has any experience with torn/weakened ligaments? :mrgreen:

my friends husky has to have surgery as his ligaments in his knee have gone or have been weakened. the thing been their insurance only covers them for £2500 (at the time she thought it was a lot) for the year. soooo, i was just wondering if anyone in the uk knows how much over the op and after care will roughly cost. i know every vets will charge different, just looking for advice. she is devestated and i wish i could help more.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:42 pm

My baby is growing up :') - she has started her first heat and is turning 1 in 4 days <3
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:15 am

TerriHolt wrote:my friends husky has to have surgery as his ligaments in his knee have gone or have been weakened. the thing been their insurance only covers them for £2500 (at the time she thought it was a lot) for the year. soooo, i was just wondering if anyone in the uk knows how much over the op and after care will roughly cost. i know every vets will charge different, just looking for advice. she is devestated and i wish i could help more.
She will have to ask around (phone different vets) to get a quote and perhaps discuss payment options (installments, etc).
Nino wrote:My baby is growing up :') - she has started her first heat and is turning 1 in 4 days <3
Congrats!! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 am

Nino wrote:My baby is growing up :') - she has started her first heat and is turning 1 in 4 days <3
Oh yay! I knew you were still waiting but a year? Humm...Tams must be very late bloomers. Congrats!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 am

Sylvaen wrote:She will have to ask around (phone different vets) to get a quote and perhaps discuss payment options (installments, etc).
well, thats what i first said but she can't travel because her hubby is the only one who can drive and he's away in the army so the only vets she has access to is the only one we got (which cares more about money than the animals). if you don't pay there and then, you can't have treatment. my gsd was in pain and needed antibiotics for an infection and when my card failed she said well give us them back and come and get them when you can pay (could have been letting my dog suffer a month for all they knew, my card was broken and they wouldn't wait till i went to the cash machine).

how does a ligament surgery work? i mean, therapy won't be needed will it? i know humans need to because my grandma did. i have googled, but can only find ligament surgery on humans :oops:
awww, congratulations!!!

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 am

Boreal wrote:
Oh yay! I knew you were still waiting but a year? Humm...Tams must be very late bloomers. Congrats!
Yeah Ive been waiting for 4 months now hahaha :lol:
It would seem that they are :-)

Thanks a lot girls ;-)
>> Nino <<

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Nino wrote:
Boreal wrote:
Yeah Ive been waiting for 4 months now hahaha :lol:
It would seem that they are :-)

Thanks a lot girls ;-)
Saga is nearly 10 months and I am still waiting :lol:

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:41 am

Wow, late bloomers.

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Randomly exciting news, this week is my last week being a check out chick!!
I'm going to be starting a new job soon, working from home :D
Wheee!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:56 pm

i'd love a work from home job... what doing?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:03 pm

I'd love to work from home too! I'm doing a grooming course next yr. Maybe I can groom from home part time.
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:15 pm

LOL, same here! I'm hoping to work as freelance webdeveloper after my study ;)

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:18 pm

A grooming course sounds awesome.
I'm going to be doing call centre stuff from home :D
I've done some training in it through Tafe ( a tertiary education institute in Aus) I'm really looking forward too it.
Well it beats retail anyhow. :D

Plus I can do the hours I feel like and get pats from Esky any time I want.
Hopefully it will be easier to fit in more voice over work as well...

(Also would be an ideal time for a puppy ;) . Gotta start working on the partner with that one :lol: )

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh I could never do that I hate callin people. make sure you don't call me! Haha
Image Image

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:39 pm

I haven't done the training yet, it might be inbound ;)
You can hang up on me, I promise not to cry :lol:

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Inbound I could deal with. I don't have a landline so I dnt get too many calls. Sometimes I get calls on my mobiles. Im polite to start with but if the people won't accept "I'm not interested" I get mean. I'm definitely an animal person, not a people person.
Image Image

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:01 am

Hehe got another one of my friends hooked on the Tamaskan. She wants to get a male! I showed her the forum so I hope she'll be joining soon!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Boreal wrote:Hehe got another one of my friends hooked on the Tamaskan. She wants to get a male! I showed her the forum so I hope she'll be joining soon!
The infection is spreading! :lol: lol sorry I just watched The Walking Dead.......

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Boreal wrote:Hehe got another one of my friends hooked on the Tamaskan. She wants to get a male! I showed her the forum so I hope she'll be joining soon!
:D :D :D thats great!

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Rahne wrote:LOL, same here! I'm hoping to work as freelance webdeveloper after my study ;)
Thats what I wanna do... Wish I would of taken more web classes when I was in school. Took a lot of Design classes for it and a few code classes, I get confused by the whole have to pay for server space and domain names and the legal stuff that goes with web designing. Think I am going to have to get that book website upload for dummies... HaHa

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:28 pm

I had THE worst experience with boarding kennels on the weekend :(

We got there in time to pick her up, after our weekend away.
I paid the fair and the owner told us to give him the lead (was a brand new one) and he would bring esky to meet us at the side gate.
Obviously he doesn't deal with huskies very much as she ended up out in the excercise yard without her lead on.
So I called her over to the gate, distracting her so the kennel hand could put a lead on her.
Instead because we were standing there he just chose to open the gate and hand us the lead
OH was holding a very excited husky while I groped around trying to clip the lead on.

Now if you knew where these kennels were you would be panicked too, they are just off the freeway- 6 lanes of traffic going by very fast. And he opens the gate.
It gets worse :( on our way to the car -a few metres- something snaps, either the snap of the lead or something on the collar, or just plain bad luck. So now she's free running outside all the fences, close to the states biggest freeway. :( :( I was so so sso worried this was going to be it. Another husky run over by a truck. We called her and she came!! Straight away. Fright of my life.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 pm

OMG that is such a scary experience - so glad it had a happy ending... I know that panic feeling when you're about to watch a disaster unfold and it certainly isn't pleasant, even if it ends well the shock can last for quite a while.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 am

pleased you got her back :P must have been so bad for you...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 am

Good lord! I remember getting a few huskies at our kennel and I actually put a gentle leader (nose halter) on all of them with one of our leashes, then the owner's leash attached to the collar (so I was holding 2 leashes) because they are very excitable, especially when "MOMMY's HERE!!!" :roll: So glad it ended well O_o
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

SarahG
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by SarahG » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:34 pm

EskyTheHusky wrote:I had THE worst experience with boarding kennels on the weekend :(

We got there in time to pick her up, after our weekend away.
I paid the fair and the owner told us to give him the lead (was a brand new one) and he would bring esky to meet us at the side gate.
Obviously he doesn't deal with huskies very much as she ended up out in the excercise yard without her lead on.
So I called her over to the gate, distracting her so the kennel hand could put a lead on her.
Instead because we were standing there he just chose to open the gate and hand us the lead
OH was holding a very excited husky while I groped around trying to clip the lead on.

Now if you knew where these kennels were you would be panicked too, they are just off the freeway- 6 lanes of traffic going by very fast. And he opens the gate.
It gets worse :( on our way to the car -a few metres- something snaps, either the snap of the lead or something on the collar, or just plain bad luck. So now she's free running outside all the fences, close to the states biggest freeway. :( :( I was so so sso worried this was going to be it. Another husky run over by a truck. We called her and she came!! Straight away. Fright of my life.

How scary! At the kennel I worked at we were VERY careful with the dogs. They had play yards to play in, but they were all double fenced, but any dog that the owner said could jump or dig was ALWAYS leashed. All the huskies were leashed ;)

I had a terrible experience at a kennel too. I sent my beagle and brittany there (they are both gone now) and was told my beagle had so much fun playing with the other dogs and loved it and my brittany just hung around and waited to go back in for her treat. Ummm...knowing my dogs, they got the two of them mixed up. I can only hope THAT woman was not in charge of giving my beagle his meds. If she was, my poor brittany got an overdose of phenobarb, I'm certain.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:39 am

I was bored and then had some amusing thoughts, so I made this :twisted: and thought I would share here in case anyone did not see it on Facebook. (Please put this in a better suited thread if this is not it!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:15 am

:D :D :D This is EPIC!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:12 am

Laughed for about 20 minutes when I read this!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

EskyTheHusky
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by EskyTheHusky » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:10 am

:lol:

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:13 am

LOL! I love the pic of "Ronnie"
Image Image

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 am

:lol: so how quickly will he change his sites layout after reading this :lol:

loved it even looking on my phone :lol:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 pm

JulieSmith wrote::lol: so how quickly will he change his sites layout after reading this :lol:
i honestly don't think he will get it :lol:

*waves to 'Ronnie' as he passes thru*

i love that pic! :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:43 pm