Page 1 of 1

2 Siberian Huskies - adopted

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am
by Blustag
There are two Siberian Huskies desperately in need of new homes. They are in Lincolnshire UK. One is a male rising 2yrs and the other a female rising 3yrs.

Both are good with other dogs and have lovely natures. Great with kids too. Owner has six children.

I will post pictures up soon. The owner has to go into hospital for major surgery and it is highly likely she will be confined to a wheelchair permanently afterwards. She is gutted of course as she loves these dogs to bits.

If you can help or know anyone who can will you please contact me asap.
I only wish I could take them here but we don't have the room right now. The breeder dosen't want to know damn them! She phoned me in desperation after the Husky Rescue also refused to have them. :twisted:

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:44 pm
by TerriHolt
aww, poor lady and dogs :( hope they find homes soon

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 pm
by JulieSmith
Poor woman what a worry for her, wish I had the space, I hope they find a good home soon

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm
by HiTenshi16
The poor woman, I hope her huskies come to good homes soon.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:04 pm
by wolfwannabe
Oh dear the poor lady, I so wish I could help. I hope she finds a loving good for them soon.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm
by Sylvaen
So sad... wish I could help - why did Husky Rescue UK refuse them?! Surely that's what they are there for...?!

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 pm
by claireyclaire
Blustag wrote:There are two Siberian Huskies desparately in need of new homes. They are in Lincolnshire UK. One is a male rising 2yrs and the other a female rising 3yrs.

Both are good with other dogs and have lovely natures. Great with kids too. Owner has six children.

I will post pictures up soon. The owner has to go into hospital for major surgery and it is highly likely she will be confined to a wheelchair permanently afterwards. She is gutted of course as she loves these dogs to bits.

If you can help or know anyone who can will you please contact me asap.
I only wish I could take them here but we dont have the room right now. The breeder dosnt want to know damn them! She phoned me in desparation after the Husky Rescue also refused to have them. :twisted:

Lynn, I have PM'd you.

Do you know if they are neutered?

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm
by blufawn
Sylvaen wrote:So sad... wish I could help - why did Husky Rescue UK refuse them?! Surely that's what they are there for...?!
I think it was because they were not registered Huskies

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:49 pm
by Sylvaen
blufawn wrote:I think it was because they were not registered Huskies
Ahh... maybe Dash would be interested?!? to have a couple more to add to her Arctic Quest team?!

Once I move I'm planning to adopt a bunch of dogs... but that won't be for a little while yet... and probably only ones that mostly come from local / regional shelters, since they are in dire need of rescue.

Hope these 2 get adopted soon though!!

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 pm
by dash
I only wish we could, I'm at full capacity with 6 right now!!! We get calls every week to rehome dogs and some of the stories are so sad.
I think you're right about welfare they have to be papered, we do work with a local shelter to help teach the huskies they get in how to run in harness, there are so many that need homes.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:32 pm
by Blustag
Yes I agree it is very very sad that people dont research properly the breed that they are thinking about. Huskies are very high energy dogs that need a lot of exercise and brain stimulation. Sadly their popularity rose with films like Snow Dogs going out which led to a lot of back street breeding by people just wanting to make money. The two dogs advertised here were from such people as one charged £1,000 for a pup and the other £850. The average price for a husky from a reputable breeder is in the region of £650. You can get a show potential puppy for this amount. I do wish people would do their homework.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 pm
by claireyclaire
On a positive note, my friends at Wiltshire Huskies look like they are able to help out and should be taking these dogs in later this week.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:03 pm
by Sylvaen
that's great news :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 pm
by wicca1
brilliant news for these babies and the owners :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:27 pm
by JulieSmith
That is great news.

It is amazing that when getting a dog some people do not research what type will fit into their lives, they just think that looks cute and go for it, never mind finding the right breeder. When a dog can live for an average of 13 years its a long time if you get it wrong.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 am
by dash
Wiltshire huskies do quite a lot of rehome work and organise meets, etc for husky owners- they do a really good job, good on them!!

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am
by TerriHolt
thats fantastic news!
JulieSmith wrote:That is great news.

It is amazing that when getting a dog some people do not research what type will fit into their lives, they just think that looks cute and go for it, never mind finding the right breeder. When a dog can live for an average of 13 years its a long time if you get it wrong.
a lot of people don't research the dog breed and think a dog's a dog... there is a pets for sale in yorkshire and lincs facebook page and the amount of people wanting 'a dog, any dog as long as it's cheep' is unbelieveable. thats all the wanted ad consists of, sometimes for my son or daughter added in for effect too. you get people asking for any dog as long as it's free as well. i commented on one once and got hate mail :roll: :lol: but what they expect? if they can't afford to buy a dog, how can the afford to look after one cuz in some cases the vet fees cost more than the dog it's self...

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:18 am
by JulieSmith
dash wrote:Wiltshire huskies do quite a lot of rehome work and organise meets, etc for husky owners- they do a really good job, good on them!!
I hope they find these dogs loving forever homes soon. It is great that there are people willing to spend time helping dogs, cats etc, it's just a shame they are needed. I know Sometimes people's lives change in ways they could not predict that make keeping their dog difficult, then it is nice to know there are caring people who will find the best home for their loved pet. It's just a shame that these places are also full of dogs from people who did not think before buying.

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 am
by Misaya
claireyclaire wrote:On a positive note, my friends at Wiltshire Huskies look like they are able to help out and should be taking these dogs in later this week.
That's brilliant news Claire :)

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm
by JulieSmith
TerriHolt wrote:thats fantastic news!
JulieSmith wrote:That is great news.

It is amazing that when getting a dog some people do not research what type will fit into their lives, they just think that looks cute and go for it, never mind finding the right breeder. When a dog can live for an average of 13 years its a long time if you get it wrong.
a lot of people don't research the dog breed and think a dog's a dog... there is a pets for sale in yorkshire and lincs facebook page and the amount of people wanting 'a dog, any dog as long as it's cheep' is unbelieveable. thats all the wanted ad consists of, sometimes for my son or daughter added in for effect too. you get people asking for any dog as long as it's free as well. i commented on one once and got hate mail :roll: :lol: but what they expect? if they can't afford to buy a dog, how can the afford to look after one cuz in some cases the vet fees cost more than the dog it's self...
Vet fees - you go to the PDSA well if they can be bothered that is :evil:

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm
by Blustag
Got a call from the original owner of the two dogs and it looks like thanks to Wiltshire Rescue that they have both got new homes.... Many thanks to you Claire for saving the day :D Two dogs in loving homes and not in a pound anywhere :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:07 pm
by TParham86
That's fantastic news! :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm
by HiTenshi16
That's great! :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 pm
by wicca1
fantastic news ,so glad for these babies (and the owner) :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 am
by JulieSmith
Great news

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 am
by AZDehlin
This is awesome news :)

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am
by Misaya
Well done Claire. Great intervention :)

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:05 am
by Katlin
Fantastic! Great news :D

Re: HUSKIES DESPARATELY IN NEED OF NEW HOME/s

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 pm
by claireyclaire
Blustag wrote:Got a call from the original owner of the two dogs and it looks like thanks to Wiltshire Rescue that they have both got new homes.... Many thanks to you Claire for saving the day :D Two dogs in loving homes and not in a pound anywhere :D
Thanks! Didn't really do very much, just asked my friends at Wiltshire Huskies if they could help in any way and the rose to the challenge! They do great work in rescuing and educating people about huskies. I regularly join them on their social walks, although the group is named Wiltshire Huskies they are actually happy for any sled dog to tag along (and even non sled dogs!) They are a great bunch of guys who are really committed to the breed. Not dis-similar to our own Tamaskan Rescuers :D :D :D

Re: 2 Siberian Huskies - adopted

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:01 pm
by JoshC
Great news!!!!

Re: 2 Siberian Huskies - adopted

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 am
by wolfwannabe
That is good news :)