Avon!

A place to share photos of your other pets: dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, reptiles, etc.
FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Avon!

Post by FJR1300 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 pm

This is Avon! <3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rahne

Re: Avon!

Post by Rahne » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Lovely girl :)

FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by FJR1300 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Tanks! She is in every way! :)

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Avon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Pretty Girl! :)
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 pm

She's lovely :D

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Cute :)

FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by FJR1300 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks! :)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:56 am

What a beautiful dog you got :D

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:15 am

Pretty girl :)

FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by FJR1300 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks a lot!!! :) Nice that you think she is fine, when we bought her she was 8 months and there were more to choose from, but fell for her instantly for her wonderful temperament. 8-)

CSpiker86
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by CSpiker86 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Beautiful girl :) love her colors

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:09 pm

beautiful baby :D

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:08 pm

She's beautiful! :D
FJR1300 wrote:when we bought her she was 8 months and there were more to choose from, but fell for her instantly for her wonderful temperament. 8-)
Just curious, why did her breeder keep her for that long? was it intentional or did the breeder have a hard time finding homes for the pups?
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by FJR1300 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:57 pm

When the puppies were ready for sale he announced online that wolf dogs was for sale and after a while the ad was removed because you can not write that there are wolf dogs, and he did not put out more ads either but I managed to print the ad before it disappeared, but for our part, it was the wrong time. Then I found the printed ad and called him up and he had 3 left! :D
For those of you who understand Swedish can rent the movie (varg). In that film is Fräke with which he has bred and owns but he is not in the Avon line! 8-)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 am

FJR1300 wrote:When the puppies were ready for sale he announced online that wolf dogs was for sale and after a while the ad was removed because you can not write that there are wolf dogs, and he did not put out more ads either but I managed to print the ad before it disappeared, but for our part, it was the wrong time. Then I found the printed ad and called him up and he had 3 left! :D
For those of you who understand Swedish can rent the movie (varg). In that film is Fräke with which he has bred and owns but he is not in the Avon line! 8-)
Hmm, so the breeder advertised these mutts as wolfdogs and then you found them before they were taken off. Quite a freaky and suspicious story in my opinion but I am glad that the dog found you and that you now have a sweet companion. :D Considering the suspicious behaviour (advertising them as wolfdogs when they likely aren't) that you mentioned I think you have managed to rescue Avon from a breeder who may be puppy miller.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 am

FJR1300 wrote:When the puppies were ready for sale he announced online that wolf dogs was for sale and after a while the ad was removed because you can not write that there are wolf dogs, and he did not put out more ads either but I managed to print the ad before it disappeared, but for our part, it was the wrong time. Then I found the printed ad and called him up and he had 3 left! :D
Ahh that's lucky how it all worked out... some things are just meant to be! :D
I can understand that it must be quite difficult to sell wolfdogs if they cannot be advertised as such (since it is not allowed) so it's not surprising that he still had 3 available when you contacted him. Did Avon's siblings find good homes in the end? Or did the breeder end up keeping them?
FJR1300 wrote:For those of you who understand Swedish can rent the movie (varg). In that film is Fräke with which he has bred and owns but he is not in the Avon line! 8-)
I'll check it out, perhaps I can find a version with English subtitles :)
It's always nice to hear about breeders who actively work with their dogs (training and using them for film acting, etc) - it shows that he is concerned about working with his dogs and being active with them, not just breeding them for money. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 am

Tiantai wrote:
Hmm, so the breeder advertised these mutts as wolfdogs and then you found them before they were taken off. Quite a freaky and suspicious story in my opinion but I am glad that the dog found you and that you now have a sweet companion. :D Considering the suspicious behaviour (advertising them as wolfdogs when they likely aren't) that you mentioned I think you have managed to rescue Avon from a breeder who may be puppy miller.
Oh.. you misunderstood she IS a wolfdog (Svensk varghund) and the breeder is well known.. both loved and hated, in Sweden. He has kind of the same problem that Tarheel has. His dogs has been poisoned, haters goes to his place in the forrest when he's not at home and let his dogs out, he's been beaten up, stabbed, etc.. just because he breeds wolfdogs.The issue is that in sweden its not allowed to have the word wolfdog/varghund in a ad. If you do it will be removed, because they are not allowed to sell wolfdogs. The dogs are not illegal in Sweden .. you just cant put the word wolfdog in ads. Silly, but thats the way it is. I guess when the ad was remoed he didn't reformulate the ad and put it out again. He is over 80 years old and has a long history of breeding wolgdogs (svensk varghund). So she is a Svensk Varghund. (Swedish wolfhound) and she is NOT from a puppy mill. He is a fantastic old man .. totally down to earth, living alone in harmony with nature, and it's an honor to have met this old original. I have always heard of him but to meet him was a funny and great experience. Loved it! .. and we got a fantastic dog in Avon.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 am

This is the loved/hated svensk varghund breeder in 2009

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 am

Found a trailer where his dog Fräke plays a swedish wolf :D

http://se.filmtrailer.com/trailer/892/Varg.html

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:59 am

I see, damn it's horrible the way people are treating him :evil:
Honestly why the hell do some people have to be so hateful over certain wolfdog owners/breeders when they've done nothing wrong? This is also why I can't give away the names or addresses of actual wolfdog and coywolf owners I know here in Ontario, because there are already freaks out there bullying some of them. Not just the young trolls with nothing better to do with their times but many a**holes sending anonymous threatening letters. Sadly as these threats are all in the cyberspace it is hard for police to catch these guys even when they THINK they know who is behind the attacks they need a mountain load of concrete evidences to prosecute these people. If I can get away with it, I'd hunt down all these nasty individuals and crown them all with a rifle!

FJR1300
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by FJR1300 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:19 am

Tiantai wrote:I see, damn it's horrible the way people are treating him :evil:
Honestly why the hell do some people have to be so hateful over certain wolfdog owners/breeders when they've done nothing wrong? This is also why I can't give away the names or addresses of actual wolfdog and coywolf owners I know here in Ontario, because there are already freaks out there bullying some of them. Not just the young trolls with nothing better to do with their times but many a**holes sending anonymous threatening letters. Sadly as these threats are all in the cyberspace it is hard for police to catch these guys even when they THINK they know who is behind the attacks they need a mountain load of concrete evidences to prosecute these people. If I can get away with it, I'd hunt down all these nasty individuals and crown them all with a rifle!
Yes some people would not be allowed to live! :evil: