Pepper (Tamrakar Ginny)

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Pepper (Tamrakar Ginny)

Post by Gaby » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:42 pm

She's getting prettier and prettier! :D I like how her coat turned out, very special! Like the way she is build too! She looks lean, agile and very fast! :mrgreen:

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks Gaby!

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Btw, do you also have a portret from her face? I'm curious to see how her expression is, love to see dogfaces and I think she has a pretty one. :D

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 pm

She doesn't like to sit still so I don't have very many but I managed to take one yesterday by telling her to sit for her ball and putting the ball behind my head!

I have also attached one from when she was I think 7 weeks for comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Ahh, what a cute face, just as I thought! :D And what a difference in her mask since she was a puppy!

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:03 am

thanks! :) yes def a difference in her mask - I am assuming this is her grandmother's Siberian Husky genes in her as I have seen a lot of huskies who have dark masks as a pup then they fade a lot!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:53 am

chelle784 wrote:thanks! :) yes def a difference in her mask - I am assuming this is her grandmother's Siberian Husky genes in her as I have seen a lot of huskies who have dark masks as a pup then they fade a lot!
So far, Tamrakar's first litter pups from Leia look VERY Siberian husky-like more than most of the other Tamaskan litters, to my eyes at least. I swear, Nanna's genes have totally dominated this line! Perhaps if a shady person were to ask about "what kind of breed" on any of the owners, they can probably get away with simply saying "he/she is a pure Siberian husky" without mentioning Tamaskan and the suspicious person would never find out. ;)

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

her masking looks better now, she's cute :)
chelle784 wrote:thanks! :) yes def a difference in her mask - I am assuming this is her grandmother's Siberian Husky genes in her as I have seen a lot of huskies who have dark masks as a pup then they fade a lot!
It comes from both sides, her great grandmother Tumanra has the same color.
It would be awesome if you would be willing to test her to see what she carries on the A locus cause it looks like the blackgreys are actually tanpoint, it would be nice to know for sure

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Vajente wrote:her masking looks better now, she's cute :)
It would be awesome if you would be willing to test her to see what she carries on the A locus cause it looks like the blackgreys are actually tanpoint, it would be nice to know for sure
Good idea! I would be willing to test her if it helped breeders/people who just wanted to know!

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Tiantai wrote:
So far, Tamrakar's first litter pups from Leia look VERY Siberian husky-like more than most of the other Tamaskan litters, to my eyes at least. I swear, Nanna's genes have totally dominated this line! Perhaps if a shady person were to ask about "what kind of breed" on any of the owners, they can probably get away with simply saying "he/she is a pure Siberian husky" without mentioning Tamaskan and the suspicious person would never find out. ;)
Do you think the others do too? I think it's only Pepper that looks husky ish. I usually get asked if she is a mix or people say 'oh she looks like she has husky in her' but then they comment on her long legs or how she is skinny. She is taller in height compared to the other husky mixes round our area and that is the thing people point out. Our neighbour also has a shepherd x husky and if we walk them together people ask if they are related.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 pm

chelle784 wrote:
Vajente wrote:her masking looks better now, she's cute :)
Good idea! I would be willing to test her if it helped breeders/people who just wanted to know!
Fantastic! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:52 am

Tiantai wrote:

her masking is huskyish yes, but if you look beyond that to her structure i dont think she is huskyish at all.
id be very interested to see the results if you decide to go through with coat colour testing.
Image Image

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 am

Pepper at almost 12 months
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri May 09, 2014 5:52 am

She definitely looks like a deer, such long legs and very lean. Almost reminds me of Konah actually :) Summer too.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm

haha funny you say deer as we call her 'horse legs' because of her skinny long legs!

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Mon May 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Should get her into modeling with those legs.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Tue May 13, 2014 2:39 pm

I think I said it before but I love how her black faded out into this wolf grey, she looks really good! I wonder if she'll gain more mass, right now she's leggy and lean, which looks good in it's own regard but not very Tam-ish. Looking forward to see more pictures of her in the future, thanks for sharing :)

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:26 am

Ryphen wrote:Should get her into modeling with those legs.
haha her legs make us laugh!

chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by chelle784 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:27 am

Tatzel wrote:I think I said it before but I love how her black faded out into this wolf grey, she looks really good! I wonder if she'll gain more mass, right now she's leggy and lean, which looks good in it's own regard but not very Tam-ish. Looking forward to see more pictures of her in the future, thanks for sharing :)
yes she is very skinny - she is not a fan of eating though. She will often miss out a meal and usually doesn't eat everything in her bowl!