Loke (Saxon Musala)

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
spidley
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Loke (Saxon Musala)

Post by spidley » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 am

He is a gorgeous dog! One of my favourite Tamaskan boys!!!! :D

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm

He looks lovely... Not sure if it's just the pictures or not but he looks so fluffy :shock: . There are so many variations in the Saxon pups from the same parents from both years...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 pm

He is so pretty, I love his wolfy coat and his colour! What's his behaviour like? He has such a sweet expression in the pictures!

(Ps: I don't want to nag but please watch out with dogs and ice, it is my greatest fear that my dog will come under the ice and will drown... Also it is slippery and bad for the joints. ;) )

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Thank you! Hehe he is pretty fluffy even though he is shedding like crazy at the moment, sometimes it makes me wonder if it never ends :lol:

No worries, we understand, wouldn't let him go out too far, over there the ice reached the bottom of the river, he doesn't stay long out and we always call him back if he wants to get out further, don't want him to go through either. He responds very well :) Now the ice is a lot thicker still and covered with deep snow and has been so for a while now. There arent any problems going on the ice anymore (going over with the snowmobile etc).

He is a really happy boy, tail is swooshing almost all the time, he is "smiling" a lot, pretty goofy, playful. Making a lot of weird noises, like when he is laying down, he makes this "sigh" and sometimes just really low moans when he's streching and sleeping lol.
Can be very talkactive at times :) Also good with other dogs except for black ones, I dont know, he seems to be afraid of black things and we have no idea why :S If there is a black garbage bin for example, we have to go close and touch it, showing him it's nothing dangerous, silly dog :roll:

He is good with people aswell, wants to follow everyone around tough. He responds well on commands, like sit, stay, wait, down, sit nicely. Nowadays he also wants to hold paw/hand constantly. He comes and sits to give paw, and if u let his paw go he tries to catch ur hand again, and then just sits there with his paw in your hand xD Same thing happens when he is going to sleep, then he wants to hold paw/hand too and likes to give "kisses" a lot, more then any other dog we have had before hehe.

Our cats start to accept him now, as long as he leaves them alone and not tries to play with them.
Very active, if he sees a bird flying or something moving, he wants to chase it though, but only for a short while and as soon as we call he comes. :)
I think i got most of it here.^^

A really loving boy ;)

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Ayame8656 wrote:Nowadays he also wants to hold paw/hand constantly. He comes and sits to give paw, and if u let his paw go he tries to catch ur hand again, and then just sits there with his paw in your hand xD Same thing happens when he is going to sleep, then he wants to hold paw/hand too and likes to give "kisses" a lot, more then any other dog we have had before hehe.
So my Konah isn't the only one, crazy dogs :lol:
She will lie down in front of me when I'm on the couch and then I MUST hold her paw, if I let it go she will swipe her paw around until I take it again.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Ayame8656 wrote:Nowadays he also wants to hold paw/hand constantly. He comes and sits to give paw, and if u let his paw go he tries to catch ur hand again, and then just sits there with his paw in your hand xD Same thing happens when he is going to sleep, then he wants to hold paw/hand too and likes to give "kisses" a lot, more then any other dog we have had before hehe.
I've had this for a while now, Sam will sit and automatically give paw... A few month back, i was stood talking to a friend and his daughter had just started toddling... Well, Sam wanted to give her his paw but it like went over her head and scratched her face... I'd never felt so bad in my life :oops: ...
He likes to 'hold hands' with his mouth too... people don't see it as holding hands tho and are not best impressed :?

Ayame8656 wrote:A really loving boy
Yes, it seems to be a good trend with the Saxon pups :D

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:13 am

Hehe sounds exactly like Loke there :P Hmm, Loke likes to have our hand in his mouth too, but i think he mostly wants to play ^^'
Here are some new pictures of Loke too, we have to have him on leash now outside, would have liked to have him loose and he loves it, but we rather take the safe before the unsafe now, because his prey drive is too strong.
We have had a LOT of reindeers and mooses around our house so now he goes 100% focus on tracking and dont want him to disappear into the wilderness =/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 am

And some more, Loke really likes the snow :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 am

Great pictures :D He's lovely looking boy...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 am

Lovely boy. Making me wish harder for snow this year!

Saxon
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Saxon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm

absolutely stunning photos, every time I see one of my babies that have gone to fantastic homes and loving owners, it brings a lump to my throat and it makes all the hard work worth while

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you! ^^
And then there were more snow...sometimes i think we're gonna get stuck in the house soon if contiuning like this :lol:
Its actually more then it has been before, but even if the snow reaches Loke very high he doesnt still seem to mind it :P

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

And here are some more :)
Last evening on the walk, Loke got kind of excited because there was standing a moose outside the house, maybe 13 meters away, and he sure does want to go hunting. :roll:

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:52 pm

I need to move to Sweden! :mrgreen:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Rahne wrote:I need to move to Sweden! :mrgreen:
I'd love to as well :D
Ayame8656 wrote:And here are some more :)
Last evening on the walk, Loke got kind of excited because there was standing a moose outside the house, maybe 13 meters away, and he sure does want to go hunting. :roll:
I'd be worry here in Ontario (eastern Canada) if a moose were to come near my house. While they normally run away from people (they're shy towards us), a medium-sized dog to most of them is no different to a Grey wolf, coyote, or coywolf. They would stand they're ground as if defending themselves from a predator and if the owner does not pull the dog away then it's "antler time".

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Tiantai wrote:
I'd love to as well :D
Ayame8656 wrote:And here are some more :)
I'd be worry here in Ontario (eastern Canada) if a moose were to come near my house. While they normally run away from people (they're shy towards us), a medium-sized dog to most of them is no different to a Grey wolf, coyote, or coywolf. They would stand they're ground as if defending themselves from a predator and if the owner does not pull the dog away then it's "antler time".
Yeah, a moose is not to play with. Thats why we always have him on leash because he would go after it if loose, he has always had kind of a prey drive but it seems a bit more intense now. (so we cant have him loose at all as it is now). The ones we've met so far, either runs away or go into "freeze" position. (that last one was a couple of years ago, didnt see it first so it was a kind of surprise for us when we turned around)
But I do not trust them, especially not if they have a calf with them.
Im one of those (if i meet one on my walk) who rather goes the other direction or if i see a moose a couple of meters infront of me, back off and turn around. :)
Dont know how many ive been close up to now in the nature during the years, but its still as "scary" now as then ^^'

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 pm

hehe i would defently send over some snow if i could, i would think its enough here, but its more incoming according to the news :)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 pm

snow is melting in Denmark :'(
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I love this boy :D He looks great in snow.

Still waiting for our snow... We've had promises, sever freeze warning's and... nothing!

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Here comes some pictures from walk today, this morning and it was storming a LOT, can even see on Lokes furr on some photos hehe.
Hope you all who wanted have got some snow now ;)

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Here are some more ^^

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Aaand the last bunch of photos :P

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 pm

His coat looks like it got a little shorter, still looking handsome :)

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:His coat looks like it got a little shorter, still looking handsome :)
hehe yeah that is really strange i think, He seems to have for some reason longer furr in the summer and when he started to change to winter coat it got thinner :?
But at the moment he is shedding a lot, perhaps because the temperature change so quickly this year, in december it could be -35 for a week or so, then suddenly 2 days it could be -10.
Latley its been like -8 or so 1-3 days, then suddenly up to -27 and then the next day -15 and today just 1 degree, so it can change around 20 degrees in 1-2 days :shock:
The weather rapport says we here in north are gonna have plus and in south minus degrees, for a short time (wich is unusual) but it happens, and then its gonna be back to really cold up here and warmer in south :roll:

I dont really know what his furr is at the moment, summer or winter (cuz of the constant shedding) ^^'

lasgal
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by lasgal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 pm

He is so handsome! I cannot believe how his color changed as he got older.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Oh wow, that is a LOT of snow! Loke must love it! :D
He looks really great!

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks for the nice comments! ^^ Hehe he do really love it he runs here and there, hardly stay still :D
Here are som new pictures from this morning while the sun was still shining, Beautiful, but really cold!

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 pm

And some more of those :P

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Just a couple more ;)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Love sunny snowy photos :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Stunning!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

JoaquimJoe
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by JoaquimJoe » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Nice pictures!!!!
Don't appologise for your ancestry, but stand straight and be proud (Dogwisdom)

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks for the nice compliments :) Here are some new ones from today. Tried to have him loose a bit, really took a lot of candy along, to a spot where there has gone no animals, it went pretty fine. But i dont trust him completley yet =P On another spot he got track of a scent, reindeer this time, but we already had him on leash.

In a couple of weeks I might go with my friend to middle of Sweden if we can match a date that fits us both, hopefully there is not so deep snow at the dog parks over there :P Think Loke would really enjoy that, I can have him loose in there with my sisters husky ^^

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Snow beard :lol:

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 pm

The rest of them hehe :P

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Snow beard :lol:
lol I didn't even notice it first :D

traceria
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by traceria » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 pm

He's beautiful!

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 am

Som updates picture from Loke <3

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

He really seems to love the snow :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 pm

<3 :D Lovely pictures...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Updates of Loke :)

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

The two last ones ^^

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Love these photos :D

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Such a handsome boy <3
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Some updates of Loke, here we go :)

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:16 pm

And next batch ^^

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 pm

He seems like such a happy and goofy chap :)

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 pm

One off my favo Tams <3
http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

akaye531
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by akaye531 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Cutie :) He looks like a big boy!

Ayame8656
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ayame8656 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Happy and goofy are two good words to describe him ;) He's like happy 24/7 and over social, especially with people. hehe.
He is big, but peoples first reaction when they meet him is always the same "What a big head he has!!" lol.