All the tamaskans of the forum and even more (comments here)

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: All the tamaskans of the forum and even more (comments h

Post by caninesrock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:55 pm

There is already an amount of CsV in the Tamaskan if you look at finnish lines, look eg at Jackal offspring or Ayasca, you can see it very clealy then.
Oh. That explains why this dog looks so much like a Czech Vlack. I believe in the topic I asked about her in, it was said that her name is Gerri and she is a daughter of Jackal. She's a beautiful dog. I'd love one of her offspring,but I believe she belongs to Blustag. And if I'm not mistaken, Blustag has been caught doing questionable practices and kicked off from breeding Tamaskans?

And yes it is kinda egoistic, but I do understand it in many cases, especially if the dog used are then taken out of another breeds breeding programme and that breed thereby loosing those genes..
If that were the case, I could understand with a breed still as rare as the Czech Vlack(atleast it's rare in America. I don't know how common they are in Europe.), why they would want as many genes as possible for the breed. However, I agree with Ryphen. Why can't the dog be bred with an outcross and then later also be bred with another of its same breed? With a female, I can understand the objection as she should only be with one male's pups at once in my opinion,but with a male, I don't think there's really a problem breeding a male to 2 different dogs in a short span of time. So, if they only used males for the outcrosses, I don't get what the big deal with that would be personally.

Well that's not entirely true, many breeds were not created out of mixes but "evolved" if you will, by human selection (many of the oldest breeds for example - you can't create breeds by mixing breeds if there are no breeds to mix.

But point taken - many of the more modern breeds were indeed created by crossing already existing breeds. And with a small gene pool, you need to add more blood anyway.

Oh yeah. I meant to say most,but I forgot because I was typing fast. I know some of the breeds like Canaan Dogs and Basenjis and such evolved from already exsisting feral dogs/pariah dogs that were captured and domesticated by people in order to become their own breed,instead of being a mix of breeds. However, like you said, a lot of the major and well-known breeds that exsist today were the result of mixing other breeds together.

This does however not justify crossing "My cute and kind little female with the neighbors nice doggie across the street" to get cute puppies. Some use that argument "all breeds were mutts at some point" to justify that, but I don't think you meant that. And a breed in progress like the Tamaskan can't be compared with that anyway, just so no one misinterprets this.
Nope. I didn't mean that. Although I have nothing against mutts, I roll my eyes when people try to claim their mixed breed or mutt is some rare new breed,especially when they try to sell it as such. :roll:

My aunt used to have a so called Yorkypoo. She was a sweet dog when she wanted to be,but I never considered her any kind of purebred, just some so-called "fancy" mutt my aunt owned.

Really, I'll never understand why someone would fork out so much cash for a mutt that they probably could find the same exact mix of in a shelter or rescue for just an adoption fee and saving the dog instead of contributing to the scammers that breed so called "Designer" dogs. I'll admit, I used to use the same argument for designer dogs though when I was younger and less knowlegable,but then I had the sense knocked into me when I realized that often times the same exact dog breed crosses being sold for thousands of dollars label as a "breed" can be found all over in shelters and rescues labeled as mutts that just need rescuing and only cost an adoption fee.

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 am

Maybe some day Geri's pups will have pups themselves and you'll be able to get one of them :)

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 am

Lynwae wrote:Maybe some day Geri's pups will have pups themselves and you'll be able to get one of them :)
That would awesome. :D Or really maybe any pup related to Jackal if that's where that Czech Vlack-ish look in Gerri comes from.

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 pm

caninesrock wrote:Oh. That explains why this dog looks so much like a Czech Vlack. I believe in the topic I asked about her in, it was said that her name is Gerri and she is a daughter of Jackal.
Yes, unless I'm mistaken, Jackal's father (Oskari) was a CsV.
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 am

Nimwey wrote:
caninesrock wrote:Oh. That explains why this dog looks so much like a Czech Vlack. I believe in the topic I asked about her in, it was said that her name is Gerri and she is a daughter of Jackal.
Yes, unless I'm mistaken, Jackal's father (Oskari) was a CsV.
I think the news on that is that it's believed Jackal's sire is Oxbow Leva-Neve (call name Oskari) since it's impossible to verify it by DNA parentage test. At least, that's the most logical conclusion we can get to, but without solid proof, we can't say for certain...unfortunately.

EDIT:
@caninesrock:
Jackal sired many litters, so he's in quite a few of the pedigrees. It's nearly impossible to find suitable mates within the Tamaskan breed in the USA that doesn't have Jackal or Dingo in the lines. He's everywhere. XD To note, there's suspicion that Jackal may be responsible for higher hip scores seen in the breed today. HD is becoming more and more of a concern...at least, to me, that's what it seems.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 am

arianwenarie wrote:
Nimwey wrote:
caninesrock wrote: @caninesrock:
Jackal sired many litters, so he's in quite a few of the pedigrees. It's nearly impossible to find suitable mates within the Tamaskan breed in the USA that doesn't have Jackal or Dingo in the lines. He's everywhere. XD To note, there's suspicion that Jackal may be responsible for higher hip scores seen in the breed today. HD is becoming more and more of a concern...at least, to me, that's what it seems.
Are there any pictures of Jackal anywhere? Since he's in the US lines and I live in US, it seems I won't be able to avoid getting a pup from his line. XD
Eh....the hip thing doesn't sound good though. If the Jackal line dogs have health problems, I think I'll reconsider wanting one even if they look nice.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 am

caninesrock wrote:
arianwenarie wrote: @caninesrock:
Are there any pictures of Jackal anywhere? Since he's in the US lines and I live in US, it seems I won't be able to avoid getting a pup from his line. XD
Eh....the hip thing doesn't sound good though. If the Jackal line dogs have health problems, I think I'll reconsider wanting one even if they look nice.
You might be able to find some on the forum, but there aren't any of him in the database. Though, if you visit Blustag's website, you'll find a few that the TDR can't use due to copyright issues. ;)

Do note that the hip score posted on Blustag's website may not be his true hip score - more info on that can be found here: http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breed-info/ ... ogs/jackal

I believe Jackal shows up in the pedigrees of nearly all the Tamaskans in the US lines, with the exception of White Elk's Auriele (Zuul x Dingo) and Tarheel's Jaeger (Summer x Bobbi). The only dog I know of that are sired by Jackal that are used in breeding is Tarheel's Sequoia (Blustag Yodel -- Nanna [Husky] x Jackal). If you go to the TDR's database, you can see which dogs are used for breeding in the US.

I would make a quick note to you that one of Gerri's sisters from the same litter (Blufawn Cinnamon) has failing hips and suffers from severe HD. Again, the database will have her official hip score listed. I believe Rahne has made a thread on the forum somewhere about breeding dogs producing offspring with failing hips and/or health issues...though, I don't remember where. :oops:

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 am

Dingo is Jackal's Brother... So....
arianwenarie wrote:I believe Rahne has made a thread on the forum somewhere about breeding dogs producing offspring with failing hips and/or health issues...though, I don't remember where. :oops:
Here!
http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3602

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am

isn't jackal suspected to transmit the crytorchid gene ?
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 pm

He is. See the link in my last answer :)

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:39 pm

oh yeah, sorry, I hadn't see it
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:21 pm

wen wrote:isn't jackal suspected to transmit the crytorchid gene ?
Jackal has 2 normal testicles, but he is a carrier of cryptorchidism.
(same as his half-brother, Dingo, who is also a carrier with 2 normal testicles)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 pm

So, does this mean that I won't be able to get a Tamaskan from an US breeder without having to worry about health problems since every Tamaskan in the US is related to Jackal in some way? I was hoping to buy from a breeder here because importing sounds like such a pain. :/

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 am

caninesrock wrote:So, does this mean that I won't be able to get a Tamaskan from an US breeder without having to worry about health problems since every Tamaskan in the US is related to Jackal in some way? I was hoping to buy from a breeder here because importing sounds like such a pain. :/
Well, personally speaking, I'd say it's dependent on when you're looking to purchase a Tamaskan and from what pairing. I do know that outcrosses are being discussed as well as AI. With AI available, there is a promising possibility that stud dogs from Europe could be used on US lines and vice versa, thus helping to widen the gene pool a little.

If you're looking to purchase within the next few years, then I'm sure the TDR will have made some headway on diversifying the gene pool and helping to minimize the health problems in each line.

For me, I'm set on a certain line and a couple breeders already... I am well aware of the health issues in the line that I want, but I am hoping for the best because I know there will be pros and cons in every line available right now. If you're concerned about health issues, then you may want to consider waiting for an outcross litter that's close to what you want health-wise.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Well, personally speaking, I'd say it's dependent on when you're looking to purchase a Tamaskan and from what pairing.

It will probably be a while before I'm ready to get any kind of dog as I still have alot of personal stuff to get in order like possibly returning to college, finding a job since I am currently unemployed and living with my mother who doesn't want any dogs, living in an apartment,etc. It wil probably be quite awhile before I'm in any kind of position to get a dog of any sort. As for pairing, I have no idea. I originally wanted one from Gerri after I saw a picture of her,but that was before I knew about Blustag's bad practices. I hadn't chosen a male though that I would have wanted to her to be bred to.

I do know that outcrosses are being discussed as well as AI. With AI available, there is a promising possibility that stud dogs from Europe could be used on US lines and vice versa, thus helping to widen the gene pool a little.
The AI sounds interesting. I am very interested in any Czech Vlack outcross litters as I love the look of Czech Vlack. Also, if there are any future plans to outcross with Alaskan Noble Companion Dogs, I'd be interested in that as well.
If you're looking to purchase within the next few years, then I'm sure the TDR will have made some headway on diversifying the gene pool and helping to minimize the health problems in each line.
Yes, it will probably be a couple of years atleast before I'm ready to purchase.
For me, I'm set on a certain line and a couple breeders already... I am well aware of the health issues in the line that I want, but I am hoping for the best because I know there will be pros and cons in every line available right now. If you're concerned about health issues, then you may want to consider waiting for an outcross litter that's close to what you want health-wise.
I wouldn't mind getting a dog from a Jackal or Gerri line as long as the pup was tested and was completely healthy. I'm worried that the pup might be unhealthy considering the line it was bred from though. Getting an outcross sounds interesting and I would like an outcross pup,but I kind of want a "purebred" full registered Tamaskan as well since technically an outcross wouldn't really be a true Tamaskan Dog.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 am

caninesrock wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting a dog from a Jackal or Gerri line as long as the pup was tested and was completely healthy. I'm worried that the pup might be unhealthy considering the line it was bred from though. Getting an outcross sounds interesting and I would like an outcross pup,but I kind of want a "purebred" full registered Tamaskan as well since technically an outcross wouldn't really be a true Tamaskan Dog.
When you say "completely healthy", do you mean as many things that can be tested for as possible? Because hips are probably best tested between the ages of 2-3 years old as that's when they've have done growing. Also, so genetic diseases won't show signs until around that age or older. So, what I'm trying to say is that if you're considering a puppy from lines with known health issues, you're taking a higher risk that your pup might have inherited those issues. The best protection you have against that is full disclosure from your breeder and, to an extent, puppy/dog health insurance.

IMHO, if you aren't prepared for the worst possible outcome, health-wise, from a potential mating, then I'd suggest thinking further to see if that's what you truly want: both emotionally and financially.

^-- that little rambling on my soap box is only due to my own past experiences of surrendering dogs due to personal reasons. It's something I'm committed to never repeat no matter what the circumstances if I can help it. Yep, it is my guilt that motivates me to do the best that I can for my furry family member(s) - current and future. :)

If I may ask out of curiosity, which of the US breeding dogs might be close to what you're looking for in terms of looks?

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah. I mean as healthy as all the things that can be tested for. Well,there aren't many US breeders to choose from. As it is, there are only about 5 or 6 and about half of them are not breeding because they only have one dog at the moment and are looking for a mate for their dog.

But the closest I've been able to find to what I'm looking for are

Takeia at Ta-kari Tamaskans:
http://www.takari-tamaskans.com/id6.html

Dakari at Ta-kari Tamaskans:
http://www.takari-tamaskans.com/id12.html

Blaze at Tarheel Tamaskans (who it seems is sadly deceased :( ) and Kana'Ti at Tarheel Tamaskans also looks nice but I would love a full body pic instead of just a face shot.
http://www.tarheeltamaskan.com/ourdogs.htm

Those are the closest I can find to the wolfy look I looked for in Tamakans in American dogs.

But none of them look a wolfy as Gerri. Gerri is beautiful. Does Gerri have any breeding offspring that are healthy? If so,what countries are they in and what are there names?

Thanks.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

From what I have read on Ta-Kari's website, it seems Takeia is retired from breeding or will be retired from breeding soon. Takeia and Dakari produced piebald puppies. Please note that Ta-Kari is no longer affiliated with either the TDR nor the TBA, thus her litters will not be registered with either association. Takeia is litter sister to Tarheel's Tundra if you're interested in seeing Takeia's pedigree.

You may want to take a look at Hawthorne's pack. Their girl, Freyja, is out of Tarheel's Blaze x Tundra (Kana'Ti's litter sister). Their boy, Darwin, is out of J&J's Ruby (Blaze's half-sister) and Jethro (Tundra's full brother from a different litter). Hawthorne's other girl, Raven, is from their first litter - Freyja x Dylan (Nevada/Skye). IMO, Raven inherited Blaze's coat color, both parent's eyes and a good mixture of Freyja and Dylan's body structure.

As far as I know, Gerri's first and only litter so far was with Shogun (Alba O'Shean) last year and those pups aren't a year old yet. I don't think any of them went to prospective breeding homes. However, it's still too early to tell as they can't test hips yet (too young).

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 pm

arianwenarie wrote: I don't think any of them went to prospective breeding homes.
Ayla in France maybe :)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Rahne wrote:
arianwenarie wrote: I don't think any of them went to prospective breeding homes.
Ah, my apologies...didn't know Ayla went to a potential breeding home. She's a very pretty girl. ;) For me, she reminds me a lot of Sylvaen's Vixen...and Vixen is my first love of the red-grey. <3

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Rahne wrote:
Ah, my apologies...didn't know Ayla went to a potential breeding home. She's a very pretty girl. ;) For me, she reminds me a lot of Sylvaen's Vixen...and Vixen is my first love of the red-grey. <3
Ayla and Winter are engaged :mrgreen: I agree that she looks a lot like Vixen!

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm

From what I have read on Ta-Kari's website, it seems Takeia is retired from breeding or will be retired from breeding soon. Takeia and Dakari produced piebald puppies. Please note that Ta-Kari is no longer affiliated with either the TDR nor the TBA, thus her litters will not be registered with either association. Takeia is litter sister to Tarheel's Tundra if you're interested in seeing Takeia's pedigree.
I didn't know Takeia was going to be retired from breeding. That's too bad. She looks like she would've had some nice puppies. How old is she? Is she being retired because of age or something else? Were all of their pups piebald though, or just some? I thought she was an Aatu Tamaskan breeder? Her pedigree is already on the Ta-Kari website as being part Siberian Husky, part Czech Wolfdog, and part Utongan(sp?) or did you mean the parents? Why did Tarheel's Tundra (her sister) die so young though? Did she have health probelms or something?
You may want to take a look at Hawthorne's pack. Their girl, Freyja, is out of Tarheel's Blaze x Tundra (Kana'Ti's litter sister). Their boy, Darwin, is out of J&J's Ruby (Blaze's half-sister) and Jethro (Tundra's full brother from a different litter). Hawthorne's other girl, Raven, is from their first litter - Freyja x Dylan (Nevada/Skye). IMO, Raven inherited Blaze's coat color, both parent's eyes and a good mixture of Freyja and Dylan's body structure.

Freyja is beautiful. Are you talking about the same Tundra that is Takei's sister like you mentioned above and used to be at Tarheel before dieing? So, Tundra is/was Takeia, Jethro, and Kana' Ti's sister? Darwin is a little too doggy looking to me though. I love Raven's look alot. Who are Dylan, Nevada,and Syke?
As far as I know, Gerri's first and only litter so far was with Shogun (Alba O'Shean) last year and those pups aren't a year old yet. I don't think any of them went to prospective breeding homes. However, it's still too early to tell as they can't test hips yet (too young).
Oh. Ok. Thank you. Hopefully,when they get older, they will have good hips and be healthy.
Ayla in France maybe
Awesome. I hope she passes her health test. How old is she right now? Any pics?
For me, she reminds me a lot of Sylvaen's Vixen...and Vixen is my first love of the red-grey. <3
What's Vixen look like?
Ayla and Winter are engaged.
Who's Winter and what does he look like? Any pics? Thanks.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm

You know there's a nice search function on this forum, so I suggest you type in some names to find the pictures from the dogs you are interested in, as there are plenty ;)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Rahne wrote:You know there's a nice search function on this forum, so I suggest you type in some names to find the pictures from the dogs you are interested in, as there are plenty ;)
Yep. And I'd also suggest going to the TDR website (tamaskan-dog.org) and looking through the database (you can search by call name) for information on each dog. I think most helpful with the database is the pedigree and the matchmaker function. :D

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 am

caninesrock wrote:I didn't know Takeia was going to be retired from breeding. That's too bad. She looks like she would've had some nice puppies. How old is she? Is she being retired because of age or something else? Were all of their pups piebald though, or just some? I thought she was an Aatu Tamaskan breeder? Her pedigree is already on the Ta-Kari website as being part Siberian Husky, part Czech Wolfdog, and part Utongan(sp?) or did you mean the parents? Why did Tarheel's Tundra (her sister) die so young though? Did she have health probelms or something?
-Takeia is 5 and a half years old.
- only several piebald puppies were born
-She is no longer associated with Autu... hasn't for a while actually.
- Takeia is a registered tamaskan from the first litter born in USA.
-Tundra ate an object that wasn't food, she passed away before anyone knew she got into anything.
caninesrock wrote:Freyja is beautiful. Are you talking about the same Tundra that is Takei's sister like you mentioned above and used to be at Tarheel before dieing? So, Tundra is/was Takeia, Jethro, and Kana' Ti's sister? Darwin is a little too doggy looking to me though. I love Raven's look alot. Who are Dylan, Nevada,and Syke?
Skye x Nevada = Dylan
Dylan x Freyja= Raven

Takeia is Freyja's aunt.

caninesrock wrote:
Awesome. I hope she passes her health test. How old is she right now? Any pics?
She is 8 months old.... pictures here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2917

caninesrock wrote:
What's Vixen look like?
Pictures here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=295

caninesrock wrote:
Who's Winter and what does he look like? Any pics? Thanks.
Pictures here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2891

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 am

Hahaha....
Hold on guys, they are still babies :)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Lynwae wrote:Hahaha....
Hold on guys, they are still babies :)
Vala is only 7 months old, and I already have a male in mind for her first litter. lol ;)
Still a long while to wait though. :P

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 am

Yep. And I'd also suggest going to the TDR website (tamaskan-dog.org) and looking through the database (you can search by call name) for information on each dog. I think most helpful with the database is the pedigree and the matchmaker function.
I looked at it. Most of the dogs mentioned didn't have pictures on the database,but like 2 or 3 did. I also googled Blustag's website to see what Jackal looked like and he suprisingly didn't look that wolfy compared to Gerri. I don't understand how to use the matchmaker function. I don't get what it's for.
Takeia is 5 and a half years old.
Is that old for a breeding dog?
only several piebald puppies were born
So there were some non-piebald too then?
She is no longer associated with Autu... hasn't for a while actually.
Why not?
Takeia is a registered tamaskan from the first litter born in USA.
I know she's a Tamaskan,but she's apparently a Tamaskan that resulted from a mix between Czech Vlacks, Utognans, and Siberian Huskies.
Tundra ate an object that wasn't food, she passed away before anyone knew she got into anything.
Oh. That's really sad. :( It wasn't genetic though, so Takeia's pups might be ok health-wise.
She is 8 months old.... pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2917
Thanks for the thread. She is lovely looking.
Pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=295
Thanks,but all the pics are broken on that link.

Pictures here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2891
[/quote]
Thanks. I didn't know white was an accepted color in Tamaskans?

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 am

caninesrock wrote:
Takeia is 5 and a half years old.
Is that old for a breeding dog?
only several piebald puppies were born
So there were some non-piebald too then?
I think Takeia has had quite a few litters now so that is probably why she is being retired. And yes, Takeia and Dakari had a number of non-piebald puppies.

Here are some from the first litter - http://www.takari-tamaskans.com/id57.html

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm

It wasn't genetic though, so Takeia's pups might be ok health-wise.
however both the father of Takeai, Tundra and a brother have had bad hips, so there is quite the risk that Takeai either have or can pass this trait on to offspring..

The Matchmaker is a feature to help people look at a possible mating (that haven't been done yet), as it shows health (if I remember correctly), a picture of parents (if the owners or other people who have taken a photo of a dog send them to Rahne for her to put up - we cannot just use pictures without having permission beforehand) and pedigree of said mating.
It also gives an idea of the possible health concerns in a mating, and although it CAN look like there is a lot in a given mating because of the markers on the pedigree, this does not mean that the risk is high, it is only a way for breeders to have all information when considering a mating!
>> Nino <<

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 am

I think Takeia has had quite a few litters now so that is probably why she is being retired. And yes, Takeia and Dakari had a number of non-piebald puppies.

Here are some from the first litter - http://www.takari-tamaskans.com/id57.html
Oh. I didn't know she had that many litters. Thanks for the link. I wish they had more pics of the pups as adults sent to them from the owners though. Most of what has been sent to them for them to use on their testimonial page is pics when the dogs were still puppies. I'd love to see what they had grown up to look like.

however both the father of Takeai, Tundra and a brother have had bad hips, so there is quite the risk that Takeai either have or can pass this trait on to offspring..
Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
The Matchmaker is a feature to help people look at a possible mating (that haven't been done yet), as it shows health (if I remember correctly), a picture of parents (if the owners or other people who have taken a photo of a dog send them to Rahne for her to put up - we cannot just use pictures without having permission beforehand) and pedigree of said mating.
It also gives an idea of the possible health concerns in a mating, and although it CAN look like there is a lot in a given mating because of the markers on the pedigree, this does not mean that the risk is high, it is only a way for breeders to have all information when considering a mating!
Oh. I'm not a breeder and I didn't know what dogs to match together,so I was confused.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 am

Nino wrote:The Matchmaker is a feature to help people look at a possible mating (that haven't been done yet), as it shows health (if I remember correctly), a picture of parents (if the owners or other people who have taken a photo of a dog send them to Rahne for her to put up - we cannot just use pictures without having permission beforehand) and pedigree of said mating.
I find it useful if you are playing around with various pairings to figure out which line/pairing potential owners may want a puppy out of. ;) But that's just me...quite a nifty too, imo. 8-)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Nino wrote:The Matchmaker is a feature to help people look at a possible mating (that haven't been done yet), as it shows health (if I remember correctly), a picture of parents (if the owners or other people who have taken a photo of a dog send them to Rahne for her to put up - we cannot just use pictures without having permission beforehand) and pedigree of said mating.
I find it useful if you are playing around with various pairings to figure out which line/pairing potential owners may want a puppy out of. ;) But that's just me...quite a nifty too, imo. 8-)
I'm playing around with it to see which lines to get a little girlie from (my memory is not as good as a lot of other people here when it comes to remembering who came from who :oops: , i find it useful :D ).

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 pm

I updated pictures of Mila in the Tamaskans of the forum picture topic and I noticed we still miss a lot of dogs! So please, if you would like, post your dog in the thread!! It would be nice to have as many dogs as we can. One picture standing and one picture from the head please!

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:08 pm

I found out what dogs I might want pups from.

1.Konah-Netherlands-Female-Color: Wolf Grey-Breeding Dog at Wolfsbane kennel.

2.Mila(Blustag Yowler)-Netherlands-Female-Color:Red Grey-Breeding Dog at Faelan Kennel.

3.Mas'Khann-France-Male-Color:Red Grey-Breeding dog at Sylvaen kennel.

4.Freyja-UsA-Female-Color:Wolf Grey-Breeding dog at Hawthorne Kennel.

I also really like Raven from Hawthorne Kennels but I don't think she's being used as a breeding dog?

I also loved Gerri and Nevada's looks,but because they belonged to Blu-stag, there's no way to get pups out of them anymore.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:17 pm

caninesrock wrote:3.Mas'Khann-France-Male-Color:Red Grey-Breeding dog at Sylvaen kennel.
Not sure if he's had permission to be bred due to Cryptorchidism, not heard anything for a while at least...

caninesrock wrote:I also really like Raven from Hawthorne Kennels but I don't think she's being used as a breeding dog?
She's not old enough to be tested yet but i think she will be, health test's pending, used for breeding when she reaches 2 yr old.

(i welcome corrections :D )

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 am

TerriHolt wrote:
caninesrock wrote:3.Mas'Khann-France-Male-Color:Red Grey-Breeding dog at Sylvaen kennel.
Not sure if he's had permission to be bred due to Cryptorchidism, not heard anything for a while at least...
He was sold to a pet home and no permission has been granted for him to be used for breeding.
However, his mother (Vixen) will probably have 1-2 more litters in the next 2 years, depending when she is next in heat.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Is it just me or is Mila a bit yellowish? Maybe it's just my computer's monitor or my Deuteranopia condition causing me to see certain colours more lighter than they actually are.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 am

caninesrock wrote: I also really like Raven from Hawthorne Kennels but I don't think she's being used as a breeding dog?

I also loved Gerri and Nevada's looks,but because they belonged to Blu-stag, there's no way to get pups out of them anymore.
Keep in mind dogs don't always look as wolfy in person as they do in their photos...

As for Raven is only 11 months old, if she is health tested she planned to be used as a breeding dog.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:37 am

AZDehlin wrote:Keep in mind dogs don't always look as wolfy in person as they do in their photos...
And some dogs just are not as photogenic and look better in person than in photos ;) or maybe the photographer should find another hobby...

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 pm

AZDehlin wrote: Keep in mind dogs don't always look as wolfy in person as they do in their photos...
I've been trying to make that point for ages on the Stop Wolfdog Misrepresentation group.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Absolutely stunning pic of Wylie (2nd pic). Probably another one of my faves yet. ;) Makes me want a Darwin puppy. Haha.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you! I'm happy I have a great subject and a really good camera ;) Darwin pups are definitely the best, and Leilah ones too...but I'm not at all bias :lol: !
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Katlin wrote:Darwin pups are definitely the best, and Leilah ones too...but I'm not at all bias :lol: !
But of course not... ;) :lol:

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: All the tamaskans of the forum and even more (pictures o

Post by Eventide » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:03 am

firleymj wrote:
Kona at 9 Weeks.JPG
Registry Name: Hawthorne James Watson
Call Name : Kona
Parents : Tarheel Ocracoke Treasure at Hawthorne (Freyja) x Blustag Blue Gem at Basalt (Zephyr)
Born : 14 March 2013
Litter : Pi Litter (3/14)
Registry : 00446G2/2013

Okay Mark, you've had him all to yourself long enough ;) . When do Max and I get a play day?
Last edited by Katlin on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved because it was in the picture thread, rather than the comments thread.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 am

Sylvaen wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:
He was sold to a pet home and no permission has been granted for him to be used for breeding.
However, his mother (Vixen) will probably have 1-2 more litters in the next 2 years, depending when she is next in heat.
Aw. That's too bad. Was there something wrong with him? What's cryptorchidism?
Leave it to me to pick out two dogs I can't have offspring from. :oops: I was sitting here thinking a Gerri x Mas'Kahn litter would've looked splendid,but Gerri belongs to Blustag who got in trouble and no longer breeds Tamaskans(not recognized by the TDR anyway) and Mas'Kahn apparently has health issues I guess? Then, again, maybe Gerri and Mas'Kahn were related anyway so that wouldn't work. I don't know the relationships between all the Tamaskans. There's so many. Gerri and Mas'Kahn are the two best looking Tamaskans I've ever seen in my opinion. They look alot more wolfy than some of the other Tamaskans.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:59 pm

caninesrock wrote: Aw. That's too bad. Was there something wrong with him? What's cryptorchidism?
Leave it to me to pick out two dogs I can't have offspring from. :oops: I was sitting here thinking a Gerri x Mas'Kahn litter would've looked splendid,but Gerri belongs to Blustag who got in trouble and no longer breeds Tamaskans(not recognized by the TDR anyway) and Mas'Kahn apparently has health issues I guess? Then, again, maybe Gerri and Mas'Kahn were related anyway so that wouldn't work. I don't know the relationships between all the Tamaskans. There's so many. Gerri and Mas'Kahn are the two best looking Tamaskans I've ever seen in my opinion. They look alot more wolfy than some of the other Tamaskans.
I believe Mas'Kahn is a monorchid, but only his owner or his breeder can confirm this. Gerri's parents are Zuul & Jackal. Whereas Mas'Kahn's parents are Vixen & Jasper. Jackal is also Vixen & Jasper's sires - therefore, a Mas'Kahn x Gerri pedigree would look something like this:

Mas'Kahn - Vixen - Bindi
Jackal
Jasper- Susi
Jackal
Gerri - Zuul - Miya
Magnus
Jackal

^ too much Jackal. lol.

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 am

caninesrock wrote: Aw. That's too bad. Was there something wrong with him? What's cryptorchidism?
Cryptorchidism is a condition in which one or both testicles of your pet fail to descend into its scrotum

monochridim your pet only has one testicle

(somebody correct me if I am wrong)
arianwenarie wrote:
Mas'Kahn - Vixen - Bindi
Jackal
Jasper- Susi
Jackal
Gerri - Zuul - Miya
Magnus
Jackal

^ too much Jackal. lol.

that was a little hard for me to follow so I screen printed the "match maker" results of putting Geri x Mas'Kahn into the system

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:23 am

Is the database up again? It wasn't available (and thus, matchmaker) when I made the post...otherwise, I would have used the function. lol. XD

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 am

Holy crud! That's alot of cyrpto-whatcha-ma-call-it! It must run in the family. Also,some epilesy on there too. Certainly wouldn't want a pup with epilesy.