Saxon Canis Major (Sam)

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Saxon Canis Major (Sam)

Post by blufawn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 am

This is Sam, a Saxon puppy, owned by Terri Holt from Yorkshire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Another Saxon pup

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Aww, so cute!

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:40 pm

So precious...............tugs at my heart. I want another Tamaskan!

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Oh my god he looks just like Odin! I wonder if he's just as mischievous :lol:
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 pm

he's like a mini (loveable) tornado! everything (clothes, furniture, toilet roll, flesh) is food, torments the life out of the cats and bed time is play time... if i tell him NO! he argues back, pretends to bite me and runs off... then comes back when i'm not looking to get my ankle... usually the right... and how can something so small, pee so much???

we did learn to play fetch this morning :D , he loves the rewards (carrots) for fetching the ball back. we learned to sit 2 days ago and we started going to bed ( "go to bed" (stern voice) = his time-out space/dog bed in the living room) a week ago... now if only i could get him to stop eating people :lol: ...

pete's a good man and his pups are a credit to him (and lynn i do believe). he was helpfull with the travil sickness advice too... i was just wondering if travil sickness tablets from the vets works?

i'll post more pics soon

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Aww, so cute! :D

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 pm

TerriHolt wrote:he's like a mini (loveable) tornado! everything (clothes, furniture, toilet roll, flesh) is food, torments the life out of the cats and bed time is play time... if i tell him NO! he argues back, pretends to bite me and runs off... then comes back when i'm not looking to get my ankle... usually the right... and how can something so small, pee so much???

we did learn to play fetch this morning :D , he loves the rewards (carrots) for fetching the ball back. we learned to sit 2 days ago and we started going to bed ( "go to bed" (stern voice) = his time-out space/dog bed in the living room) a week ago... now if only i could get him to stop eating people :lol: ...

pete's a good man and his pups are a credit to him (and lynn i do believe). he was helpfull with the travil sickness advice too... i was just wondering if travil sickness tablets from the vets works?

i'll post more pics soon
They might but as in people they might result in a dog being very tired and not up for anything..
I'm considering using D.A.P spay in stead (i used the collar for my tam the first 3 weeks) - to make the dog relax..
>> Nino <<

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 am

these puppies are tooo cute :lol: .

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 am

Aww, cute :)

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Aww, so cute! :)
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Nino wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:he's like a mini (loveable) tornado! everything (clothes, furniture, toilet roll, flesh) is food, torments the life out of the cats and bed time is play time... if i tell him NO! he argues back, pretends to bite me and runs off... then comes back when i'm not looking to get my ankle... usually the right... and how can something so small, pee so much???

i'll post more pics soon
They might but as in people they might result in a dog being very tired and not up for anything..
I'm considering using D.A.P spay in stead (i used the collar for my tam the first 3 weeks) - to make the dog relax..

thanks, i'll try that. i don't want him sleepy when i go to the sea side in summer for the day with the kids and i don't fancy not feeding all day. he might get hungry :|

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
Nino wrote:

i'll post more pics soon

thanks, i'll try that. i don't want him sleepy when i go to the sea side in summer for the day with the kids and i don't fancy not feeding all day. he might get hungry :|
I get what you mean.. I know how it feels from personal experiance.. I've always gotten carsick - even a few times when I've been driving myself :?
But sometimes its just better getting sick than being sleepy and not up for anything
>> Nino <<

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Gorgeous boy :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:34 pm

You could try Sturgeon travel sickness tablets from the Chemist. He would need half a one 2 hours before travel. I have always found these very good.
Adults can have one full tablet 2 hours before travel.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 pm

i'll try that too, see which works best for him, thanks :)

we been to the vets for out last injection and he'll be fully vaccinated from next week (yay... walkies :P ) it was a bit weird telling my vet about the breed... arn't they supposed to know these things already? lol. it was a good job i have a good memory when it comes to my pets cuz "i dunno" as an answer to every question might have sounded a bit silly lol. i actually amazed my self on how much i remembered :oops:

our walk home

still walking home...

yup, still walking home... (walking on the river bank, all pics in the same place lol)

Finally home :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm

So cute, don't you just love how tired they get after a nice walk :D

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Ahhh, he is so cute! Hope you'll keep us updated!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 am

cute pics! I love it when their ears are going through the "floppy" phase (halfup / halfdown) lol
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am

TerriHolt wrote:i'll try that too, see which works best for him, thanks :)

we been to the vets for out last injection and he'll be fully vaccinated from next week (yay... walkies :P ) it was a bit weird telling my vet about the breed... arn't they supposed to know these things already? lol. it was a good job i have a good memory when it comes to my pets cuz "i dunno" as an answer to every question might have sounded a bit silly lol. i actually amazed my self on how much i remembered :oops:
I felt the same way telling my vet...like they were thinking I was making up the breed:roll: . She had to look him up online! They had to enter Tamaskan into the database lol it was pretty funny :lol: ...hopefully things will change in the near future and more people will recognize the breed!
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

jyotin wrote:

I felt the same way telling my vet...like they were thinking I was making up the breed:roll: . She had to look him up online! They had to enter Tamaskan into the database lol it was pretty funny :lol: ...hopefully things will change in the near future and more people will recognize the breed!
I know the feeling.. I had to write about 20 emails back and forth with the danish dog registration because she was registered as a mixed breed.. at last I got them to change it though - so oficially she is the first Tamaskan in Denmark :lol:
>> Nino <<

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

jyotin wrote:

That will probably take a little longer.. ;) I've got a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog, and that breed is recognized in the US by the American Kennel Club and by some other rare breed organisations. There are many more Catahoula's then there are Tamaskan, but I've met just one vet who knew the breed. And I met only 3 or 4 people who recognized my dog as a Catahoula on the street, the most people think I'm making up a breed. :roll: And if people (like some vets) think they know a lot about dogs they can be quite stubborn! :lol:

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Gorgeous boy :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Gaby wrote:
jyotin wrote:

That will probably take a little longer.. ;) I've got a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog, and that breed is recognized in the US by the American Kennel Club and by some other rare breed organisations. There are many more Catahoula's then there are Tamaskan, but I've met just one vet who knew the breed. And I met only 3 or 4 people who recognized my dog as a Catahoula on the street, the most people think I'm making up a breed. :roll: And if people (like some vets) think they know a lot about dogs they can be quite stubborn! :lol:

my vet did say she was going to go google :lol: she also said in one of the vet surgery's she works in, someone fetches a pure wolf in on a lead just like any other dog, they are trying to perfect the wolf hybrid or something. i personally didn't think that anywhere close to me would be doing that, not quite sure why i would think such a thing tho :oops: . just made me wish i could be there when it got brought in... i'd love to hug a wolf and still have a face left when i'm done hugging :D
Sylvaen wrote:cute pics! I love it when their ears are going through the "floppy" phase (halfup / halfdown) lol
yeah, i think they look cute when he runs... the tips just flop up and down.
Gaby wrote:Ahhh, he is so cute! Hope you'll keep us updated!
i'll keep posting pics as he grows. i was trying to get a video of him playing fetch, but when i pressed rec (or someone else did), he stopped playing :(

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Well done Nino ;)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Blustag wrote:Well done Nino ;)
hehe thanks :lol:
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 pm

We have 2 sticky uppy ears for the 1st time today :D

after 2 1/2 hours, they're the best pics i got :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Lovely

Lyss
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Lyss » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:17 am

adorable! nice ears lol :D

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:43 am

So cute, and such big, cute ears :lol:

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Gorgeous boy ;)
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm

He's very pretty! :D

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Lovely and so cute :P

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Awww
-Michelle

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Sam (Saxon Pup)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 pm

hears a few pics i salvaged from various photo devices around the house. all the best ones was on my hard drive (that broke after 4 months and dell don't think it's a problem i lost eveything :evil: ... small rant over :D ) and i can't get them back :cry: .

but some better than none

does everyone else's grass look rubbish after winter is finally done with it? :lol:

he thinks it's his spot :lol:

ignore the hole in the sofa :oops: , it was already there. i thought i might as well get a puppy and get the chewing over with before i buy a new one :lol:. Sam with phoenix... this pic made me happy that i was able to take it

now i will have to get snap happy to make up for the "lost" ones :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Sam looks so sweet <3

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:53 pm

I like the one with the cat, such a cute puppy. Its horrid when you loose the photos, we lost a few months worth when we were broken into the other week and they took the laptop as we had not backed up recently. At least it is a good excuse to take more.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Great pics pup looking good ;)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:57 pm

JulieSmith wrote:I like the one with the cat, such a cute puppy. Its horrid when you loose the photos, we lost a few months worth when we were broken into the other week and they took the laptop as we had not backed up recently. At least it is a good excuse to take more.

i'm sorry to hear that julie (sorry if i missed it somewhere, my phone is useless for web browsing). yeah it does suck to lose photos.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 am

Aw he has big giant ears just like Odin! Maybe not as big, but still close! lol.
How much does he weigh now?
--Arthur Schopenhauer

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 am

TerriHolt wrote:thanks :)
JulieSmith wrote:I like the one with the cat, such a cute puppy. Its horrid when you loose the photos, we lost a few months worth when we were broken into the other week and they took the laptop as we had not backed up recently. At least it is a good excuse to take more.

i'm sorry to hear that julie (sorry if i missed it somewhere, my phone is useless for web browsing). yeah it does suck to lose photos.
Thanks, it was a bit of a shock being woken up by the dogs to discover we had been broken into, but they did not get away with much. The lap top was old and due to be replaced, so apart from the photos it has not been missed, they also took my camera, which was not that old, but I have now got one that is waterproof and can be dropped, so great for taking out with the dogs and family, no more worrying about muddy puddles :lol:

I use my phone as well sometimes, great for looking at pictures, but not so good for reading things. I hope you get your computer problems sorted out soon.

JoshC
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by JoshC » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Great looking dog!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue May 10, 2011 6:17 pm

thanks! :P
jyotin wrote:Aw he has big giant ears just like Odin! Maybe not as big, but still close! lol.
How much does he weigh now?
sorry, i must have missed this when i was lookin on my phone. i couldn''t even guess... i'm going to get him weighed at 5 month (extortionate consultation fee's at the vets)...

pictures of our walkies today... we are practiceing the "off the leash" thing. when there is no one about, he will come back when called everytime (if he knows i got his liver treats), if there is some one there it about 85%... other dogs... well, he listened till we got about a meter away, then it was 0% :lol: we said hello to some doggies and we went thru a field before trying to go swimming in a dyke :lol: ... sorry i'm going on, i'm just happy of the progress we making (only just started practicing :oops: )...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Saxon
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Saxon » Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 pm

dont worry about his ears terri, he'll grow into them

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Tue May 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Such a cute little boy! Our girls have outsized ears also, but they seem to be growing into them. You'd think with such big ears that they would be better at listening :P
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 pm

He looks like such a fine boy, he will grow into his ears ;)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue May 10, 2011 8:35 pm

very handsome :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 pm

He is a lovely looking boy.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 11, 2011 5:25 am

thank you :P

he has already started to grow into his ears... his earlier pics looked like he been photo shopped and had them stretched :lol: . if he's anything like his daddy, he will stay a handsome boy too :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 am

What a nice pictures, in front of the flowers. :) He is a pretty boy, how big is he?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 11, 2011 11:08 am

i'm not sure exactly because he ate my tape measure :lol: but he's past my knee's :mrgreen: ... you actually just reminded me i need to look for one so i can measure him (and make the kids halloween costume) :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein