Carsickness

All topics pertaining to agility, obedience, sled racing, search & rescue, therapy training, etc.
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Carsickness

Post by Nino » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

The only real problem I have with Sølve is that she gets crazy carsick - but I'm pretty sure that's just training and in her head cause she starts drooling as soon as I turn the car on..
>> Nino <<

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Carsickness

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Thor also hates the car, I can not put him in if he has just eaten or he will be sick and he drools dreadfully all the time. We are trying the hormone spray from the vets, but it does not seem to be having much effect. I am just hoping that he starts to associate the car with going for a nice walk, it is going to be a pain having to lift him into the car when he gets bigger.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:32 am

Almost all Tamaskan pups get carsick. There is not much that can be done about it.
However, they do eventually grow out of it when they are around 6-9 months of age.

The best thing is just to build up the time spent in the car, slowly. And keep it a positive experience.
Start with the car engine off, build up the time period, then practice with the engine on but not driving anywhere, build up the time period, then practice driving short distances (2 minutes, around the block, etc) and gradually build up the time period. Of course, the pups will still get a bit carsick so it's a good idea to "trick" them every once in a while by getting in the car again but not going anywhere. That way they don't automatically associate the car with driving (= motion-sickness) and, once they start to associate it with driving, always ensure that the destination is somewhere fun... so it's a doubly positive experience. Sometimes having the windows open a bit (for fresh air) or the air-conditioning blowing in their faces, helps them feel better. Definitely put down blankets and keep extra towels handy to wipe up the drool as well as treats (chew treats are better than digestive treats in this situation) for positive reinforcement... if a pup is chewing on something yummy (like a dried bullystick) then the pup can't focus too much on being motion-sick. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Vroni
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Vroni » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 am

In the car Jack drools much saliva but he also lies down all the time. However, he has not had to drive for more than 15 Minutes until now. We want to train that with him so that he does not have so much stress in the car. Today I want to start with sitting in the car for about 5 Minutes without driving. Is it OK? How would you train that?
My Tamaskan Jack
ImageImage

My Shiba Inu Jim
ImageImage

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 am

The approach I am going with is: into the car, get a treat, out of the car.. into car, get a treat, stay for a while, get a treat, out of car.. No driving during this training..

Sølve isn't happy even going to the door of the car, but she IS starting to get in by herself with a lot of "good girls" followed.. I was actually pretty surprised the first time she got in by herself, but very happy!

I have to put plastic and blankets on the seats though and then hang the blankets to dry after driving though.. she drools a LOT! :?
>> Nino <<

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 am

Aww, poor things, being sick in the car is the worst thing. Sometimes you feel down and think they may never get over it and you'll have to walk them everywhere....lol..... But they do get over it as long as you keep at it, long breaks from going in the car will take you back to square one. It is a good idea for the car journeys to take them somewhere fun like the park or beach, then they associate the car with fun and the drooling will stop and the whining and howling in anticipation of the fun will start haha
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

OK, just a heads up! Konah was dramatic in the car as a pup.. She would poo, throw up and drool so that everything was soaking wet. She is now 18 months and she hasn't thrown up for several months now.. The drooling has almost completely stopped, atleast she doesn't get soaked anymore ;) She doesn't like the car but she will go in it by herself and she isn't as stressed anymore as she used to be. So all this car trouble will most likely dissapear in time! :D

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:40 am

blufawn wrote:Aww, poor things, being sick in the car is the worst thing. Sometimes you feel down and think they may never get over it and you'll have to walk them everywhere....lol..... But they do get over it as long as you keep at it, long breaks from going in the car will take you back to square one. It is a good idea for the car journeys to take them somewhere fun like the park or beach, then they associate the car with fun and the drooling will stop and the whining and howling in anticipation of the fun will start haha
I get carsick myself (even when I drive myself sometimes :? ) so I really feel for her..
most of the time she dont throw up, and I won't feed her some hours before we are going to drive.
And then she drives quite a lot around, since I live far from most thing.. I'm sure she will get used to it :-D
>> Nino <<

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 pm

You can also try one of the seasickness remedies such as Sturgeon from the Chemist. Give half tablet 2 hours before journey. Dont feed for several hours before journey. Also the training advice given above is good. i.e. fun trips, lots of play and food in car on your driveway. Dont drive away until pup is happy. Just go around the block and back. IF you have to do this everyday then do it. I had a terrible time with one of my Malamute show dogs and had to leave extra early to get to the show so I could wash and dry her off... what a nightmare. I also had a lot of trouble with Jackal. He wouldnt even go near the car/van and would pull me in the opposite direction. He would be very sick and drool, and that was before he even got in it! Now after much effort he is ok.

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Ayasca used to be awful in the car, sick and constantly drooling. Even taking him fun places didnt work. Once we changed the car he was fine. I suppose he had bad associations with the old one. Bit extreme though unless you are actually wanting a new car :) Mischa has always been fine but we didnt get her until she was 2 although the people who had her had always lifted her in and out. She jumps in and out herself now quite happily.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Blustag wrote:You can also try one of the seasickness remedies such as Sturgeon from the Chemist. Give half tablet 2 hours before journey. Dont feed for several hours before journey.
Good suggestion. I always bring Dramamine pills with me on long-distance car journeys (across Europe, etc) and that way, if the dogs aren't doing too well, then I can give them each half a pill (1 pill = 50kg human dose so the dogs get a half dose) before they get really sick. However, they are both pretty good... they sometimes drool a bit and, if they ate before the trip they might vomit once (about an hour into the journey, if they roads are winding) but I just have to remember not to feed them and, of course, I always put blankets down... but they definitely aren't carsick to the same degree as puppies, who are much more adversely affected. The dogs just pretty much lay down and sleep the whole way, I find they are actually better without frequent breaks because they can just sleep for 8 hours or so, then have a stop to stretch legs / pee, etc and then drive for another 8 hours. If we kept stopping, they'd have to keep getting used to the motion of the car all over again. I think, after a while, they just get used to it - a bit like being on a boat. :)

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Nova drools a lot in the car too...
A few months without drooling but now I'ts starting again :( don't know why!

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for all the advice, Thor is a lot better than he used to be, the blanket is not quite as wet as it used to be. He goes in the car every day for the school run, which is only about 10 mins and once I have dropped my daughter off at school I can let them out of the car for a walk, without having to drive anywhere else.

I am hoping that by doing the short trip followed by a nice walk he will get used to it. I hope so as we want to go down to the South coast this summer camping with the dogs.

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Blustag wrote:I also had a lot of trouble with Jackal. He wouldnt even go near the car/van and would pull me in the opposite direction. He would be very sick and drool, and that was before he even got in it! Now after much effort he is ok.
Now I know where Cindy gets it from. :lol:
She's on "Cerenia" from the vets - it cost a fortune (given her size) but it helps a bit, she will at least follow me into the car, get into her seat & lie down now. I need to go back to basics with the car training though.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 pm

MelB wrote:
Blustag wrote:I also had a lot of trouble with Jackal. He wouldnt even go near the car/van and would pull me in the opposite direction. He would be very sick and drool, and that was before he even got in it! Now after much effort he is ok.
Now I know where Cindy gets it from. :lol:
She's on "Cerenia" from the vets - it cost a fortune (given her size) but it helps a bit, she will at least follow me into the car, get into her seat & lie down now. I need to go back to basics with the car training though.
I was thinking the same :lol:

But If possible I will not give her medicine for motion sickness the vet didn't want to either.. my meds. knockes me out :oops:
>> Nino <<

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 am

Odin Jr been in two car rides already and had ZERO anxiety, just a little drooling, he doesn't even move from my lap. I was so worried about how I'm always reading on the forum about how lots of tams get very car sick but I guess we lucked out! =)
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Don't be fooled by the drooling, as they grow it gets worse. :lol:
“You can take the dog out of the Wolf Pack, But you can't take the Wolf Pack out of the dog"

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm

claireyclaire wrote:Don't be fooled by the drooling, as they grow it gets worse. :lol:
But then it gets better again by adulthood. ;)

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

LOL great!
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Saga is not too bad if she is sat on a knee in the car but if she is just on the harness in the back she is sick and drools lots, although she was not sick today so hopefully she will get used to the car.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Hunter drools just a little in the car, but she hasnt been sick before.

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Sylvaen wrote:But then it gets better again by adulthood. ;)
Define adulthood Debby?!!! Elska still drools now!
“You can take the dog out of the Wolf Pack, But you can't take the Wolf Pack out of the dog"

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Well, I think Jasper grew out of his carsickness around the age of 10 months old.
He still drools occasionally but nothing like the same degree when he was a younger pup! :)

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Another car ride today and he just sat there staring out the window and didn't drool once haha I'm going to be stubborn and refuse to believe that the drooling will happen and get worse :D
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 pm

That's great! I think some pups are more affected than others so maybe you'll be lucky! :D

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:04 pm

That's great! ;) :) :)
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:59 pm

I have just bought a Thundershirt whilst I was at Crufts yesterday, I have to say I am very sceptical about it, but thought it was worth a try!

http://www.thundershirt.com/HowItWorks/

I'll let you know how I get on!!

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:45 pm

hummmm, very strange, hope it works for you

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Worth a try I will be interested in how you get on.

RoyAM
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by RoyAM » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:26 am

Well for us its taken well over a year but all 3 have come round to thinking; Hey were going in the car - we must be going somewhere good.

For the last year we only had to open the door of the car without it even running and they would all start foaming at the mouth, especially nebraska.

Once in the car all 3 would be sick after a few miles of driving which is no fun when cleaning up 3 lots of sick.
We then got a Toyota Hilux and stuck them in the back cab with windows open when driving, still foaming, still sickness and all 3 soaking wet with drool when they got out. Instead of giving up, we done the opposite, every day/every night we would get all 3 in the car, drive them round the village or down to the shops and back and always a treat at the end of it whether sick or not.

Eventually the sickness stopped, but still foaming on each trip and now, all 3 have got over it and I wouldn't say they enjoy the car but no puke and no foaming when they go.
Its been a long year and not much fun when you get home at night and think oh god have to stick them in the car and take them out, but hey it worked for us.
Simply just did not happen over night, happened over a full year which is a long time of cleaning up after the dogs.

Paid off in the end.

RoyAM
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by RoyAM » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 pm

actually remembered to have a camera in the car with me last night, Dakota, Nebraska and Cody-Wyoming now have their seperate compartment in the back of the truck, we leave the window open about 2 inches on each side and within minutes dakota has the windows open far enough for him to view the world.

I need a pair of flying goggles for him as I worry he may get a fly or insect in the eye whilst driving at speeds of 50mpg etc, I think flying goggles would suit him perfect.

here are a few photo's i took of dakota last night whilst driving;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Awesome photos!

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:18 pm

This certainly isnt something to be recommended. I have heard terrible horror stories of dogs with their heads out of car windows. Just imagine what would happen IF you had to brake suddenly! that is just 'one' example...there are many more far more gory.

RoyAM
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by RoyAM » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Blustag wrote:This certainly isnt something to be recommended. I have heard terrible horror stories of dogs with their heads out of car windows. Just imagine what would happen IF you had to brake suddenly! that is just 'one' example...there are many more far more gory.

Very true

In saying that we have a few dogs in our village that happily sit on the back of farmers quad bikes, and I mean happily sit whilst the farmer is on a road doing 30mph, you have to judge the dog in hand and weigh up the rights or wrongs, town driving is totally different from country yocals.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Car-a-phobia

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

wasn't quite sure if this should go with car sickness or not, sorry if it was :oops:

but i'm out of ideas to get sam in the car... (i'll work on sickness when i get him in)

he can't be lifted anymore and when he could be lifted we just sat there eating sweeties (treats but he wasn't interested in the slightest), chunks of steak won't tempt him, we have been walking past it 3 times + a day every since 12 weeks old and he still puts up a fight walking past it, i've sat the cat in the car to show him nothing happens, i've contacted dog trainers but i need to get him there in the car, i've contacted call out trainers and they suggested everything i've already tried, i've tried a different car to see if it was the car he didn't like, we haven't used it for a while to see if he would forget the last time he went in it (that and i can't physically get him in it any more), tried back seat and front seat just incase it was a boot of car issue, fav toys and blankets in first and still nothing...

so i was wondering if the fantastic brains of the people hear could think of something i missed...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Car-a-phobia

Post by Booma » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 pm

What about getting a friend with their dog to come over and get in the car?
Image Image

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Maybe camping out in the car? Like eat and sleep in there, show him that you are comfortable in there and staying in the car all day and all night nothing bad will happpen.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:What about getting a friend with their dog to come over and get in the car?
the only person i know with a friendly dog is my aunty jackie... but he hates boxers :( (i don't know a lot of doggie people :oops: )
HiTenshi16 wrote:Maybe camping out in the car? Like eat and sleep in there, show him that you are comfortable in there and staying in the car all day and all night nothing bad will happpen.
maybe a thought for summer if i can get him near the car...

but you have given me another idea for next school hols when i don't need to leave the house :D

i wondered about putting his food bowl near the car so he would have to go near it to eat... but i was worried about putting him off food :?

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Well, when you feed him, have him on a long lead, put his food some distance near the car and with each feeding, have his food closer until he gets in the car. I'm sure it will take a while but if he gets hungry enough, maybe he will go for it?

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeh if he gets hungry enough he'll go get it. Can you ask someone at a dog park if they can put their dog in your car? (that sounds so dodgy)
If you take him for a walk, what's he like with the cars parked on the street? Maybe you could just randomly park your car somewhere and then walk past it? Park on a diff street everyday?
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 pm

he's good with cars in general, parked ones except if someone gets out, he thinks he's going in :lol: and we don't have dog parks (my goal is to win the lottery and make one :mrgreen: )... there isn't even any social dogs where i live except the odd one or 2 we never met before... people buy small fluffy dogs that have no purpose in life but to be a fluffy ball on the end of a leash :evil: (but thats a different story :D ).. i try feeding him near the car until we are happy to walk past it :D then move onto feeding with open doors etc...

Thanks! :mrgreen: there is hope :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I would start by feeding him in his comfort zone before moving it a bit closer. You could also try everytime you walk past throw a treat on the floor, first at a distance to the car then gradually closer.

Have you tried a DAP collar on him? Or rescue remedy? We tried rescue remedy with saga and I think it did help a bit. It is a bachs flower remedy and we got it from boots. It's great for people who are having a stressful time. Exams, driving test that kind of thing, it takes the edge off the nerves without taking the nice bits away from the excitement ( difficult to explain).

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

What you could also try is a essential oil calming blend that a good friend of mine makes, it's called My Peaceful Paws. It works a bit better than the DAP products and Rescue Remedy. www.mypeacefulpaws.com

To start off, you can put some on his bedding and rub some on the large pads of his paws during naptimes or right before bedtime to get him to associate the smell of the My Peaceful Paws with being calm and relaxed. If you can dedicate a car-only blanket, put that in with him during his "chill out" times so he knows that blanket. Do this daily for about a week or so and then transition the blanket to the car. Put on the Peaceful Paws roughly 30 minutes before going out to the car, get a bandanna and douse some of the oil on that and put it around his neck and also put the blanket in the car too.

Something else you could also try is rubbing a couple drops on your wrist when you're putting it on him...

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

It looks very interesting. Would the packaging be strong enough to cope with shipping to the UK, my fear is that it would smash in transit?

PawPrint
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by PawPrint » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:01 pm

JulieSmith wrote:I would start by feeding him in his comfort zone before moving it a bit closer. You could also try everytime you walk past throw a treat on the floor, first at a distance to the car then gradually closer.

Have you tried a DAP collar on him? Or rescue remedy? We tried rescue remedy with saga and I think it did help a bit. It is a bachs flower remedy and we got it from boots. It's great for people who are having a stressful time. Exams, driving test that kind of thing, it takes the edge off the nerves without taking the nice bits away from the excitement ( difficult to explain).

I used a rescue remedy when I took my driving test (for second time :oops: )

I passed that time! I think it helped a lot. Might be worth a try?

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:17 pm

claireyclaire wrote:It looks very interesting. Would the packaging be strong enough to cope with shipping to the UK, my fear is that it would smash in transit?
She has shipped to Canada, but if you do order, I'm sure she'll package them properly for the shipment. If you're concerned, you can also shoot her an email - she responds fairly fast to emails...or I can ask her to put extra bubble wrap in there (more fun for the doggies to play with! whee!). :)

I use My Peaceful Paws at the boarding and daycare facility I work at and dogs have calmed down almost immediately - this stuff calms ME down too! Just a warning though for anyone who does purchase this stuff - the smell can be quite....pungent (it's the sweet orange oil). If you think you'll be using this oil regularly, then it might be worth getting a 20ml bottle (you'll have to email to see if she'll ship a larger bottle).

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

oh wow, lots of things to try!!! something must work! :lol: i know you guys were genius's :D thanks...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:30 pm

Rescue remedy is good, but I've never heard of anyone trying it on a dog before. Its a natural flower extrat. It comes in a spray and drop, night one and even pastelles (Dnt know if you could use the lollies for the dogs though). I got my Aunty the night spray because she was stressing out and having panic attacks at night and couldn't sleep. From the first night of using it, she slept easy without the panic attacks.
Image Image

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 am

Bach does make rescue remedy for pets, but from what I remember, it's mighty expensive. :P

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:58 am

TerriHolt wrote:oh wow, lots of things to try!!! something must work! :lol: i know you guys were genius's :D thanks...
Something will work as long as you take it slow and don't get stressed yourself :lol:

I had another idea. Once you can get Sam close enough to the car Put Sam on his long lead sit in the car and ignore him when he is calm throw him a treat if he comes closer throw him a treat but carry on reading. When you get fed up just get out the car as if it is normal to sit in it and read, don't make much of a fuss of him just keep it very calm. Keep doing that but only reward when he gets closer.

Good luck