detox

All topics pertaining to the diet of your Tamaskan Dog (raw food vs. kibble, supplements, etc).
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

detox

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:53 pm

We occasionally go to our Whole Foods Coop to pick up various things. This past trip I picked up a magazine (admittedly for the cute cover) called "Animal Wellness." Now, while I find herbs and crystals fascinating, I don't know that I'd be willing to experiment on my dog. Well, crystals wouldn't hurt anything--but not in exchange for modern medicine.

Anyhow--there's an article in there about zeolites for detoxing not only people, but dogs, too. Sounds too good to be true--but has anyone ever heard of this or used it? Supposedly zeolites will remove heavy metals, pesticides and herbicides. If this works and is true, sounds like we should all be using zeolites.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: detox

Post by Misaya » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Never heard of zeolites. Must look them up. The only new age remedy I have tried is a bioflow collar for Ayasca. He sometimes gets a sore/stiff back if he has been running around a lot. The vet gave him Metacalm a couple of times but I am not keen on the possible side effects. Anyway he has been wearing the collar for a few months now and so far so good.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: detox

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Never heard of them, I have heard of Chiropractors for pets, but never tried one on a dog. I have used a chiropractor for my back and if my dog had a sore back if I could find recommended pet Chiropractor I would give that a try. My older dog has stiff joints sometimes and I use cod liver oil and glucosamine, and that seems to keep her joints nicely oiled.