Second hand smoke and dogs

All topics pertaining to health and diseases that may affect your Tamaskan Dog, as well as treatment.
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Second hand smoke and dogs

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:50 am

This is a question that has plagued my mind for a long time, mostly because of how it affects me (getting nauseated just from the smell of cigar and cigarette smoke). I avoided asking because I fear I might offend someone with asking this. How does second hand smoke affect dogs? If you want a healthy bitch with healthy pups, would it be best if the owner never smokes around the dogs?
Sorry if this is a silly or stupid question to ask :oops:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Second hand smoke and dogs

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:51 am

Always wondered this, I cant be around cigar and cigarette smoke either. I get really bad migraines and it gets my asthma going.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:03 am

Yes it can most definitely affect dogs, it can lead to lung cancer and other issues, almost the same as humans! I don't know about birth defects but I always ask people to not smoke around me or my dogs, if they have a problem with it then I have to walk away. It's not worth the risk.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 pm

I pretty much wish that these poisonous tobacco products were never invented to begin with :evil:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I will have stopped 3 years on the 1st of July, and i'm sad to say the thought never crossed my mind while i had my GSD until her last year. I no longer allow smoking in my home which also benefits the kids as well as the animals. I will always regret not thinking of it sooner because it must have been horrid for her with dogs senses been stronger than humans... Lesson learned.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein