Golden Litter Discussion

All topics pertaining to the temperament / character of the Tamaskan Dog.
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Golden Litter Discussion

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:
fangjingtuanlucas wrote:I think we should wait until we find out who the new owner is and learn how the dog behaves around him/her before making assumptions that there is something in the behaviour of the dog that Lynn isn't telling.
Bear's former owner was/is a member here on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2772
I see, now I remember. It's too bad this had to happen though.
Still, I don't think demonizing Lynn would solve anything.

Ok, no one is demonizing lynn.. she is doing a perfectly good job of that on her own... deflecting blame for her breeding, accusing people of slander when she is the biggest culprit, turning her quality over quantity breeding into a small puppy mill (should we stop demonizing RPK? No?), lying to 1000's of people...

I remembered who owned bear last nite... such a shame, she seemed a really nice girl. From what i read on the forum, things seemed to be going really well with him? Anyone know what happened?

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Finn1
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Finn1 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 pm

He is Blustag Golden Fleece I think. Really lovely looking boy and seemed to be getting on fine by the posts. I wonder what went wrong, maybe it was the owners circumstances rather than anything to do with him. :(

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 am

"Why'd they give him up?"

Me: (thinking) "Oh man, this ought to be interesting! She's going to have to write an essay to talk herself out of this. "

Response: "Personal reasons."

I think that covers everything, wouldn't you agree? :\

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:07 am

To be fair, it may not be her place to tell everyone about another persons problems. Do we know pawprint gave up bear because she couldn't handle him? Maybe she had a death in the family, lost all her money.... Could be anything.
Image Image

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:15 am

She could have said something like "The reason was not the dog's behavior, it was something that I am not at liberty to disclose." My curiosity would have been sated with such a statement. I'm beginning to see why her vague word choice can be frustrating to others at times.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:42 am

Rhokk wrote:"Why'd they give him up?"

Me: (thinking) "Oh man, this ought to be interesting! She's going to have to write an essay to talk herself out of this. "

Response: "Personal reasons."

I think that covers everything, wouldn't you agree? :\
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Disappointment much? :lol:
Kylievr wrote:To be fair, it may not be her place to tell everyone about another persons problems. Do we know pawprint gave up bear because she couldn't handle him? Maybe she had a death in the family, lost all her money.... Could be anything.
I am kinda hoping that it's something like that because she is stating how wonderful the pup is and if he was given up for the same reason Nixi was, he will be going to some very unprepared people and it could lead to him been rehomed... again.
Rhokk wrote:She could have said something like "The reason was not the dog's behavior, it was something that I am not at liberty to disclose." My curiosity would have been sated with such a statement. I'm beginning to see why her vague word choice can be frustrating to others at times.
But i'm not convinced of the above because she would boldly and proudly state it wasn't his behavior just to "prove a point" to the other "golden" puppy owners....

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Finn1
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Finn1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:43 am

Why is he up for sale and not rehoming/rescue?

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 am

Finn1 wrote:Why is he up for sale and not rehoming/rescue?
He is for sale? I don't feel that is right.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

Lynn always sells them, usually full price too... People have asked questions about this before but she says something then that it costs her money :roll:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 am

Rahne wrote:
Lynn always sells them, usually full price too... People have asked questions about this before but she says something then that it costs her money :roll:
Usually the cost of feeding/"rehabilitating"... If i remember correctly... Bet she was gutted Nixi was in usa... Making 2K off 1 pup...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Finn1
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Finn1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:13 am

That doesn't feel right. He should be rehomed with someone that understands the breed, that was the best thing for Nixi. She does say he is not to go to a home where the people are at work all day, I would assume by that that he may of developed SA. He may well be really good there are a million reasons why the family have had to give him up however I have never heard of a dog being rehomed through a resale. Horses yes, dogs no.

Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Gabriele58 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I won't get into the "ethical" stuff about reselling, etc., but without some definitive word from the former owners as to why they had to give him up, we're only guessing. Loki gets extremely stressed when left alone. He's not been destructive (so far :lol: ), but I know he whines from the minute I leave until I'm home again. When I do get home, I get a lecture from him for having the audacity to leave him alone :lol: . I truly hope that SA is the reason Bear was given up. I guess that's the "best" of the options in my eyes.

Loki teaches me something new almost daily. I discovered last night that if I don't keep him from doing something he's determined to do, he loses interest, instead of fighting me on it. When the gate is up to block him from going upstairs, he jumps over it and I repeatedly have to go and get him to bring him back downstairs, with him digging in his heals. I gave up and just didn't put the gate up last night and he went upstairs a couple of times, found there wasn't really anything interesting there and then came back down and plopped in his bed. No more frayed nerves in the middle of the night...yay :lol:

It makes me really sad to know that another of Loki's littermates is being rehomed. We can't imagine life without our Loki :(
~Gabriele~

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Well, I think until the former owner explains the reason, we can't exactly say for sure...

But I AM skeptic about what Lynn wrote as well.