Register an unregistered Tamaskan?

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Dwidjit
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Register an unregistered Tamaskan?

Post by Dwidjit » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Hey everyone!
So, I currently have a 6 month old Tamaskan puppy who isn't registered with you, because he is a Blustag (UK) puppy.
Now I know of all the reasons Blustag is no longer with the TDR, and I know Lynn unfortunately has a bad reputation on here, but I'd like to just say as someone who has obviously dealt with her recently, and attended her annual show, that I believe she is a responsible, caring breeder who just made some bad mistakes. I've also seen a little fear mongering on here about Lynn breeding unhealthy dogs, but having met a lot of other owners of her dogs of varying ages I'm not sure this is the case as they were all very happy and healthy dogs, as I feel my own puppy is.

Now to the point of the post, I was wondering if it would ever be possible to get my boy registered with you guys? I've been having a look and I believe I would need some sort of paper work from Lynn to prove his parentage? What exactly would that be?
Now I want to also add that I believe the paperwork I was given to show his lineage because I saw his mother while he was a pup, and from searching this forum I've seen his grandparents were registered breeding dogs and his parents mentioned on here when they were born, even a few pictures of his sire as a pup were posted.

The reason for my interest is an owner of a female tamaskan has expressed interest in using my boy to sire a litter one day, as they are a good genetic match up and my boy is pretty handsome (if I do say so myself! ;) )
However if we were going to use him to stud, I'd like to make sure it was all done officially and get him hip scored, eye checked, DM tested and registered with the official TDR. I also think this could be good for the gene pool of the TDR dogs as I assume not many of Blustags recent litters are used?

Here's a picture of my pup :) Thanks for your time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: Register an unregistered Tamaskan?

Post by Vajente » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 pm

who are his parents? :)

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:24 am

Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Dwidjit
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Dwidjit » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:33 pm

His parents are Ollie (Blustag Icefire) and JJ (Blustag Chaska)

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 pm

both his parents are registered so it is possible but you will need to get the DNA off his parents to verify parentage

Dwidjit
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Dwidjit » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:42 am

How do I get that? Ask Lynn for hair samples or is it a copy of paperwork or something else?

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 pm

You need the DNA send to neogen(I think it was a cheek swap). So you need Lynns cooperation
I think the TDR does have Bodies DNA so maybe they already have JJs but I don't think they have Ollie.
You should contact the TDR

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:29 pm

If Dwidjit's dog couldn't be proven with parentage, couldn't her dog be registered as an outcross? (A much longer process, I know, but we have taken other dogs into the registry with less "provable" parentage). Just a thought!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am

I'm hoping to register my dog as an outcross eventually, like Hawthorne suggested (after speaking with some TDR people). I tried to get the DNA I needed from Lynn (namely Devon the Malamute) but she wouldn't hear any of it and just ranted about 'the scammers in Europe' so I honestly don't think you'll have any luck there. My dog isn't from Blustag, but from an accidental litter in Wales. I emailed Lynn, I visited her in person... she felt that I would somehow do something bad with the DNA profiles I needed. Good luck though, maybe you'll have a better chance if you already have a rapport with her.