Introducing new Tamaskan to older pet dogs

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
lit6507
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Introducing new Tamaskan to older pet dogs

Post by lit6507 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:53 am

Hi everyone,

I am hopefully looking into getting a Tamaskan in the near future and was wondering if anyone had any issues when introducing your Tamaskan puppies to older dogs that you already had? I have introduced younger German Shepherds to older ones and even a small teacup Poodle to those German Shepherds without any issues, but was wondering if Tamaskans were different at all in these aspects?

Thanks,

Joe

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Introducing new Tamaskan to older pet dogs

Post by Katlin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:57 am

I have a 9 year old lab that wasn't a huge fan of Wylie at first. Sam was very rough with Wylie as a puppy for the first couple hours, Wylie was still very painful from growing pains so he would easily be knocked over. After a while though Sam settled down and both dogs got along famously. I have not had any trouble with either boy since then. Sam can get annoyed quickly, but Wylie generally knows when to shove off :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Introducing new Tamaskan to older pet dogs

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:06 am

We've never had any problems introducing Tamaskan pups to our adult Tams... they all get along really well together and, generally speaking, the adults are very gentle with the puppies. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.