Blustag Tamaskan in salisbury, North Carolina

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
stabor7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Blustag Tamaskan in salisbury, North Carolina

Post by stabor7 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Hey,

I am new here and have tried looking back through the discussions to find out about this breeder. I see that this breeder is not registered with TDR and is instead registered with TCA (tamaskan club of America). I called and they said that TDR is specifically Europe and that is the reason they are not registered with TDR. Does anyone know if they are reputable breeders? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Blustag Tamaskan in salisbury, North Carolina

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the TDR forum!

Blustag North Carolina is also known as RightPuppy Kennel (RPK), whom, at one point in time was registered with the TDR. RPK has not been a part of the TDR for many years. You can find some reviews here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=87

You can also visit http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.com for more detailed info about the various kennels you may come across in your search whom are not registered with the official TDR.

For a list of registered breeders, please visit: http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/breeders/

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I second what arianwenarie says! If you notice that on the TDR website, that they not only also list breeders in America and not just specifically Europe, but they also list more breeders than the TCA lists.

I recommend, if you're in Faceboom, joining Tamaskan Lovers and Tamaskan - Debate & Disscussion groups. You can also find information there and learn of others' experience.

stabor7
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by stabor7 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Thank ya'll so much for the quick replies!
I looked at the other posts and leaned that they are not registered but have not learned anything about the quality of their dogs? If they used to be registered, did they change because they wanted to breed their dogs more often? They have a lot of dogs to chose from and I am not sure if all of them are Tamaskans or if they are just other sled type dogs or even wolf like hybrids. A new dog will be with me for at least the next ten years and I am planning to have kids! So I want to be confident that the dog I get will place nice with them. And on that note.. does anyone know of a breeder with a litter due in the spring?

Thanks again for the quick responses! sorry I am new to this Tamaskan dog thing...

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 pm

stabor7 wrote:Thank ya'll so much for the quick replies!
I looked at the other posts and leaned that they are not registered but have not learned anything about the quality of their dogs? If they used to be registered, did they change because they wanted to breed their dogs more often? They have a lot of dogs to chose from and I am not sure if all of them are Tamaskans or if they are just other sled type dogs or even wolf like hybrids. A new dog will be with me for at least the next ten years and I am planning to have kids! So I want to be confident that the dog I get will place nice with them. And on that note.. does anyone know of a breeder with a litter due in the spring?

Thanks again for the quick responses! sorry I am new to this Tamaskan dog thing...
You can find out more about the TCA and RPK through this page on the Tamaskans Against Puppy Mills website: http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.c ... list/c16bq

I am not sure which breeders are expecting a spring 2016 litter. I would first suggest you determine whether you want to purchase a puppy from the US or Europe because importing can get expensive. After that, browse through the breeder websites to get a feel for the dogs each kennel has to narrow down what you would want in your puppy (i.e. temperament, health, looks, etc) and pick out breeders to contact directly. Different kennels have different bloodlines and each dog has a different temperament. Your relationship with a reputable breeder will be your support throughout the entire puppy buying process and through the life of the dog, so it would be best to explore that.

With that, I will get off of my soap box and go oggle some tam puppies. :) Feel free to ask questions. We are a friendly bunch and most are eager to help.