Recommended reputable breeder in the U.S.A.? (West coast?)

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
packrat56
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Recommended reputable breeder in the U.S.A.? (West coast?)

Post by packrat56 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:24 pm

I have been reading this site and I am impressed with the amount of information, and the members dedication.

Its quite confusing, given all of the negative comments about breeders, and fakes.

I simply need to know which are the absolutely reputable breeders in the US? I am in Oregon, but anywhere in the US is fine, as long as the pups are of correct breeding, healthy, and loved. We are ready to welcome a pup into our lives.

The Tamaskan Club of America (if thats a real thing?) recommends only:

Blustag USA BlustagTamaskan.com 336-422-6640 Danielle
PuppiesByRatliff RatliffTamaskan 417-858-6902 Jonathan

Tamaskin Dog . org has this list: http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/br ... merica.php

Thanks so much!

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: Recommended reputable breeder in the U.S.A.? (West coas

Post by Taz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 pm

The breeders listed on http://www.tamaskan-dog.org are the ones you want to contact. Out of the other two, the Blustag USA one is a puppy mill, the other guy is an associate of his I believe.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:22 pm

TDR-approved breeders in the US can only be found on the website you have. There is a breeder, Conchur Tamaskan, in Oregon. Also, White Elk Tamaskan in Seattle, WA, and Sierra Tamaskan in California.

Blustag USA and Ratliff are indeed puppy mills and not true-bred Tamaskans, and many of their dogs have had major healrh issues. Please save yourself the heartbreak and stay far, far away from them.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:30 pm

The Tamaskan Club of America is a fake club ran by the puppy mill called Blustag Tamaskans in USA and their affiliate Puppies by Ratliff, stay away from them! The site you listed ( http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/br ... merica.php ) lists all the reputable breeders in the US.

The real club by the way is the United States Tamaskan Dog Club (USTDC).

Another useful site you might want to try checking out is http://www.tamaskansagainstpuppymills.com where there they list some breeders from around the world, their affiliated clubs, tells the differences between breeders and puppymills, and some other information.

packrat56
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by packrat56 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Thank you all.. That is what it looked like, the fake association, and associated breeders..

I have contacted most of the real breeders on the list, nobody seems to have pups :(

Anyone know of any? If they are healthy and cute, we are interested...

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by balto13 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:54 am

packrat56 wrote:Thank you all.. That is what it looked like, the fake association, and associated breeders..

I have contacted most of the real breeders on the list, nobody seems to have pups :(

don't be down, it's quite typical to wait 6+ months to get a puppy (or even be on a list!). Just focus on finding out as much as you can about tamaskans. Try to meet some real ones, talk to as many people as you can and find a breeder that you click with and feel like are your friends with ;) it will be worth it in the end :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:02 am

I waited for 4 litters before I got my puppy, I've been learning about the breed since 2008, entered waiting lists in 2011, and got my puppy in 2012 :) They are worth the wait!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Another red flag is if a breeder always has puppies available, they are probably a puppy mill!

We keep our dogs in our house--so have very few breeding dogs. The TDR requires that there be one heat cycle skipped between breedings so most females cannot be bred more than once per year. Knowing that, most breeders have one or two litters per year.

We have a litter on the ground but all pups are spoken for. People on my list have waited more than six months for a puppy. People tend to look for certain combinations in breedings for breeding stock. The dam, Freyja, is now retired because she has had three litters (and I feel that's plenty for her). We have her daughter, Raven, who will take over our program. But it may be another year before we breed her. We will keep a girl from this litter to take over when Raven retires. We also have a male, Darwin, whom we stud out (as he is too closely related to our girls to use in house).
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 pm

packrat56 wrote:Thank you all.. That is what it looked like, the fake association, and associated breeders..

If your not against importing, Saxon Tamaskan in Bulgaria has a litter with puppies still looking for homes... the litter was born on Valentines Day and he already imported two of the pups from this litter to the USA.

packrat56
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by packrat56 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Wow... What is that process like? Actually sounds very expensive?

Wittgenstein
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Wittgenstein » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:40 am

Hi packrat56

I am owner of one of the imported Saxon pups. Obviously Pete has all the answers as far as what the process is like, but if you want to know what it's like on this end feel free the message me.

Fantastic pup, though he definitely gave all of us plenty of work. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 am

packrat56 wrote:Wow... What is that process like? Actually sounds very expensive?
Regarding shipping... we live in Croatia and we just shipped 6 puppies to the US; the shipping cost (per puppy) ranged from $447.41 to $627.99 depending on the destination airport (this includes the IATA crate and the flight, as well as transshipping company's fees: airfreight incl. handling, animal station fee, AWB-fee, fuel surcharge, security surcharge, TSA security check, etc). We also get a substantial "frequent flyer" discount since we use the same transshipping company on a regular basis... we try to keep the transport costs as low as possible.

In total, the puppy + rear dewclaw removal + 4x deworming series + EU Pet Passport + microchip + first set of core puppy vaccinations + International Health Certificate + TRACES documents (required for EU export) + TDR registration/ownership certificates + puppy's DNA profiles (AKC & ISAG markers) + puppy's MyDogDNA Pass + lots of extras (including harness & leash, etc) + drive from Zagreb to Frankfurt airport + the shipping costs (listed above) worked out to a grand total of 2000 euros per puppy (around $2700).

This is our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SylvaenTamaskans
Our website (www.Sylvaen.com) will be updated soon! :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Considering Debby's prices: I shipped a puppy in from California to Calgary, Alberta and the total cost of the puppy ($2000) plus shipping ($270) plus the airport fees and vet fees put the total at about $2400 Canadian Dollars....so that's only slightly less than shipping in a puppy from the EU.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

ASaroka
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by ASaroka » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:38 am

Sylvaen wrote:In total, the puppy + rear dewclaw removal + 4x deworming series + EU Pet Passport + microchip + first set of core puppy vaccinations + International Health Certificate + TRACES documents (required for EU export) + TDR registration/ownership certificates + puppy's DNA profiles (AKC & ISAG markers) + puppy's MyDogDNA Pass + lots of extras (including harness & leash, etc) + drive from Zagreb to Frankfurt airport + the shipping costs (listed above) worked out to a grand total of 2000 euros per puppy (around $2700).
Wow, that's better than I thought. I had it averaging around $3300 for one puppy. Does the price vary much for exporting two?