Blustag and Blufawn Have Been Charged

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Blustag and Blufawn Have Been Charged

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:07 pm

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Mothe ... story.html

Lynn and Jennifer, two former Tamaskan breeders who were ousted from the Tamaskan Community two years ago when a lot of their frauds and cover-ups came to light, have finally been charged for heir unethical breeding practices. This is the full story:
Mother and daughter found guilty of unlicensed breeding of dogs

By RCousins_LE | Posted: January 23, 2014

----------------
A mother and daughter from Sleaford have been found guilty of the unlicensed breeding of dogs.

Lynn Hardey, 62, and Jennifer Saxby, 30 of Side Bar Lane, Heckington Fen have been unlawfully breeding Tamaskan dogs.

Following complaints from several witnesses about the welfare and concern of the puppies, investigation and the execution of a warrant on the property the North Kesteven District Council proceeded with a prosecution.

A raid at the property took place in January 2013.

The dogs have been sold worldwide, and the case heard from a woman in France who paid more than £1200 for one of the puppies.

If a person and/or business are breeding five or more litters in a 12-month period they require a breeding licence.

However, the District Council will sometimes check-up even if numbers are less than this to ensure the welfare of the animals.

The case, which was heard on Wednesday 22 January and Thursday 23 January at Lincoln Magistrates’ found the two women guilty of keeping a breeding establishment for dogs without a local authority licence.

District Judge John Stobart said: “I do find that this place at the time of this period fulfils the statutory requirement of being a breeding establishment therefore requiring the local authority to be brought in to provide a license to specify and supervise the breeding of dogs on the premises.

“Both of the defendants have dogs and were breeding dogs on these premises and are guilty of the offences.

“By reducing the figure that I award for the costs of the prosecution I am in no way criticising the prosecution I do so because quite simply the defendants couldn’t afford any more.”

Judge Stobart did not think the welfare of the dogs was a concern as evidence heard from the family vet stated the dogs were kept in good health.

Alistair Mitchell who runs Pilgrim Vet Surgery examined the five dogs flagged up by officials during the raid and found four of them to be of a good weight and one to be a little overweight.

No dogs were seized by the RSPCA and no penalty fines given during the raid.

John Gibson, Principle Environmental Officer said: “We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the case.

"When it comes to the welfare of animals we have to be extremely vigilant, animals cannot speak for themselves. What these ladies were doing was far from acceptable in our eyes."

Lynn Hardey was fined £300, had to pay £1000 of costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Jennifer Saxby was fined £100, ordered to pay £600 of costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Read more: http://www.legacythisislincolnshire.co. ... z2rFo2Aq2E

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: Blustag and Blufawn Have Been Charged

Post by martinbernstein » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

What exactly were they found guilty of? Were they producing five or more litters a year?

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

If a person and/or business are breeding five or more litters in a 12-month period they require a breeding licence.
Well I do not know for sure but from my speculation based on the article and various past cases that were brought up here and on facebook about the duo, they might have been breeding far too may dogs at once. Lynn had done double matings as well as back-to-backs before. I think all this breeding coupled with their compulsive lying to a lot of people eventually caught up to them which triggered this legal case.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:38 am

martinbernstein wrote:What exactly were they found guilty of? Were they producing five or more litters a year?
Well, they had 5 simultaneous Tamaskan litters in a single month during that time-frame... so they were definitely producing more than 5 litters per year (and keep in mind all the other breeds they owned / bred too: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Lhasa Apso, Canadian Eskimo Dog, etc...)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am

Oh boy. You would think that all that breeding and all those puppy sales would make them rich. Interesting that the judge lowered the restitution payments due to their inability to pay more.

I'm glad the law caught up with them. I hope the dogs are ok.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:23 am

They think it's funny that they got away with it :( I had to blur the names for privacy...
altered.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow, talk about lying through their teeth... :roll:

January 9, 2012:
Blustag wrote:Confirmed pregnancies

Winni/Jackal (Blufawn) due this weekend
Susi/Jackal (Blustag) due end Jan
Heidi/Bodie (Blustag) due end Jan
Jodie/Jackal (Blustag) due Feb

Failed JJ/Dingo

Winni was actually tested for ovulation and it was negative on 3 occasions
as she was due to be mated to Diesel. She was mated by Jackal (not planned) at the very end of her season. Just shows eh!

Susi had a very short season and was tested for ovulation and was actually
ovulating on the day she was tested which was in the first week of season.
She had gone 'off' the following day. Fortunately I mated her immediately to
Jackal. She was supposed to have been mated to Ayasca but they are a 5 to 6 hour drive away and we only found out at 7pm in the evening so good job
I used Jackal.

This all goes to show that nothing is written in stone ;)
April 10, 2012:
Blustag wrote:Nevada is in season and will be mated shortly...not sure who to yet. I have JJ planned for her next season as she missed last one....hope to use Ollie this year also Hunter when she is old enough. Also Dallas and Tumanra just off the top of my head.
May 17, 2012:
Blustag wrote:Pregnancy confirmed today. Nevada to Bodie :D Puppies due June ready to go August ...approx.
June 3, 2012:
Blustag wrote:Winni is planned to Diesel as this is what was planned last year but never happened. Both black/greys.

I have several girls due in season over the next month and of course have several stud dogs here but as yet I am undecided
on who will be mated to who. Still thinking ;) IF several people particularly wanted a particular pairing then I would do that
depending of course on them being compatible ;)
March 21: Alba Zuul at Blufawn (Zuul) x Dingo at Blustag (Dingo)
February 26: Blufawn Ginger (Geri) x Alba O'Shean at Blustag (Shogun)
February ?: Jodie at Blustag (Jodie) x Jackal at Blustag (Jackal)
February ?: Jodie at Blustag (Jodie) x Dingo at Blustag (Dingo)
January 29: Heidi at Blustag (Heidi) x Blustag Sanuye (Bodie)
January 27: Susi at Blustag (Susi) x Jackal at Blustag (Jackal)

They had 5 litters in SPRING 2012 alone... with more litters born in SUMMER 2012 (Nevada x Bodie for instance) and in AUTUMN 2012. Of course, they were kicked out of the TDR in late spring 2012 so these are their last TDR registered litters, and no one knows exactly how many other litters they've had since then... yet judging from the continuous adverts on Preloved, they pretty much have puppies available ALL the time. Hmmm does anyone else remember which litters were born in Summer/Autumn/Winter 2012?

I also love how they brag about deliberately attempting to exploit a property-listing loophole in order to "legally" mass produce puppies without a breeding license. Maybe they'll list their garden shed as a separate property under Finley's name (Jennie's son) so he can have a few litters too! After all, Jennie's hubby has his own breeding affix also (Poacher's Farm) - yet they all live on the same communal property. :lol:
Much easier to attempt to exploit a legal loophole than to purchase a Breeder's license, which would entail regular property inspections to check on the welfare of the dogs / puppies. :roll:
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm so disgusted right now, I've always been told to not worry about what others are doing and do everything to the best of my own ability...but when imbeciles like them are laughing...actually *laughing* that they got away with it makes me shake with fury. It's not just their own dogs suffering! Out of all those puppies how many will have epilepsy, or DM, or HD because Lynn and Jennie are too lazy to do things the right way. There is NO WAY they had less than 5 litters this year...I hope they are charged again and actually do jail time, they obviously don't care about fines.

Edit:

LOL!!!
Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 1.32.01 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 pm

This post by Lynn pisses me off beyond words. :evil:
Blustag wrote: Thankyou both immensely for your support guys.

In a nutshell. Others tried to cause trouble. Failed. We got a slap on the wrist, and the irony of it all is, that instead of previously us being only allowed 4 litters between us (we wernt aware at the time), we are now allowed 4 each :lol: AND if we purchased a Breeder's licence we could breed as many as we wanted :lol: I must add here that we don't intend to incase anyone takes this the wrong way ;)
I agree with Katlin in which if I was in Lynn's shoes I wouldn't be laughing considering the situation I would be in. This is more than a slap on the wrist seeing that a hell lot of people out there now know the truth about them. Notice how Lynn is using the same old "we weren't aware of it at the time" denial like how she had done in the past and Jennie again trying to blur the truth about the vet not finding anything wrong with her dogs. No one here is falling for them anymore. They are compulsive liars and I hope they are taken to court again and charged to the maximum for their crimes! Hopefully by then we can see finally a slap in their faces! :x
Sylvaen wrote: I also love how they brag about deliberately attempting to exploit a property-listing loophole in order to "legally" mass produce puppies without a breeding license. Maybe they'll list their garden shed as a separate property under Finley's name (Jennie's son) so he can have a few litters too! After all, Jennie's hubby has his own breeding affix also (Poacher's Farm) - yet they all live on the same communal property. :lol:
Much easier to attempt to exploit a legal loophole than to purchase a Breeder's license, which would entail regular property inspections to check on the welfare of the dogs / puppies. :roll:
While I have lost all sympathy I once felt for the pair of puppy millers, I do feel sorry for Finley who has to witness all this drama. I can only hope that he will somehow break out of this mess one day along with his younger half-sister and that they do not become the UK versions of RPK's daughter when they are older. Seeing the two puppy millers almost boasting about how they slipped past the loophole does implicate what kind of people the Blu breeders really are! People who only care about making a profit out of their crossbreeds.

EDITED: got the names messed up initially but I fixed it.