Tallulah first real Howl!

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
lasgal
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Tallulah first real Howl!

Post by lasgal » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Tallulah made her first real howl this morning!!! Because it is pouring I didn't bring her to the school bus stop with us. When I came in to the house alone she stood at the door howling, looking for our seven year old son. It was so sweet!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tallulah first

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Aww! I have yet to hear Zelda howl, still trying to find the right video on YouTube that will get her going.

lasgal
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by lasgal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 pm

I play the video of Jaeger howling and she looks at the computer tilting her head and starts to whine.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Jaeger was so good with all the puppies, she probably remembers his howl.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 am

Awww, how adorable! Especially a little puppy howl :)
Katurah

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm glad to see that the hunter's howling was successfully passed down to the daughter :D

I wonder how they would both look howling side-by-side :P

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:Aww! I have yet to hear Zelda howl, still trying to find the right video on YouTube that will get her going.
I've noticed with Yarrow, videos simply won't get him howling no matter what I play (even a whole bunch of wolves howling). The first thing that made him howl was hearing a siren (only in real life - I tried recorded sirens after that and it didn't work), and then eventually he started howling when I would howl (or a few people howling is even better).

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am

Kootenaywolf wrote:
HiTenshi16 wrote:Aww! I have yet to hear Zelda howl, still trying to find the right video on YouTube that will get her going.
I've noticed with Yarrow, videos simply won't get him howling no matter what I play (even a whole bunch of wolves howling). The first thing that made him howl was hearing a siren (only in real life - I tried recorded sirens after that and it didn't work), and then eventually he started howling when I would howl (or a few people howling is even better).
Some dogs will only howl when they feel like it or when responding to real life noises that trigger their sudden howling response. I know that from my experience with Snoopy and Boxer the pug, the latter only howled when an ambulance passed by the house but when I tried to play a video of one of the coywolves from Kawartha Lake howling he just stare at the video. Snoopy on the other hand rarely howls except when he think that he is alone. Buddy also howled sometimes usually it was when he hears a neighbour's dog yelping but I could never get him to howl and playing the coywolf's howling video only made him bark.