Leilah x Darwin Litter! :)

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
JenV
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Leilah x Darwin Litter! :)

Post by JenV » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi All,
I was wondering if there were any other families on the list for a Leilah x Darwin pup from Sierra Tamaskan besides Dani and myself? I thought it might be kind of neat to get to know each other at this point in the process as we'll be bringing up pups from the same litter. One of the big things that attracted our family to the breed after having already fallen in love with the look and character was the community vibe there seems to be among Tamaskan owners. Though we still have some time before our pups are here and even more before they're able to come home, I thought it might be kind of nice to share the excitement with other future owners. :)
“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” ― Albert Einstein

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Leilah x Darwin Litter! :)

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm

We aren't getting a puppy, but Darwin lives here and he's the sire. :D
I do hope to see some of the pups at next year's show in June in Madison, WI. That'd be neat! They could meet "dad!"
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 am

Me me! I am too! Hopefully one the puppies are in their new homes we can set up a facebook page :) Great way to share photos, etc. I already have everything ready for my little guy / gal (hopefully guy :lol: ).
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

JenV
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JenV » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:02 am

The Facebook page sounds great! It would be really cool to see how the different pups come up and to be able to share stories, etc. My husband and were super excited to get the email update about Leilah's confirmed pregnancy. Even my parents are excited about their new granddog. lol! I'm looking forward to getting to share this experience with the rest of the list, too. :D

We're also waiting for a male. It was suggested by the trainer who will be guiding us through the training of our pup as my Diabetes service dog that a male would be best suited for the job since I am a female. Also, we need a pup who is food driven as the training program focuses on positive reinforcement training using treats as a reward. Those are the only traits we're not willing to budge on as they would likely impact the success of the training program for us.

I'm sure Alice will guide us each through selecting the right pup for our needs and families. She's been absolutely amazing to deal with so far!
“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” ― Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah I think that's a great thing to do, I'll definitely talk to Alice and make sure she's ok with it.

I'm hoping for a male because I would like to breed, but I don't want a female in heat running around my rental house ;) Also I have a big male lab that would be in really rough shape when she went into heat. I also want a male because I'm a female. It was also suggested by a few tam friends ;)

Can't wait! Her due date is coming up!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

JenV
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JenV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Totally understand! I would be incredibly sad, but if there were no males we'd have to pass on the litter. The training we're planning on doing is pretty expensive and I want to make sure that we can do everything in our power to ensure success. My husband's gone a lot with the military and it would set both of our minds at ease if I had a back up in our new pup to wake me up when my blood glucose levels drop at night.

I had mentioned the Facebook group to Alice in the past and she seemed on board. Definitely check with her to make sure she's still ok with it. It's really cool to at least have a couple of the people from the list here so we can share in the excitement. The pups will be born so soon and then we have to suffer through 8 weeks of cuteness before we can get them home. Pure torture! :P