Tamaskan sense of humor

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
weylyn

Tamaskan sense of humor

Post by weylyn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am

I always thought that because my tamaskans where raised by my CwD and Saarloos that they would behave different than most Tamaskans.
But I also realize that they have a different sense of humor.
For instant when Avak was a pup and we went to the puppy training one of the exercises was that all pups went loose and that you had to call your puppy. Well all that I did wasn't good enough for him because he was sitting in the middle of the field thinking: What am I doing here......
Luckily I wasn't the only one that looked stupid hahaha because all other pups where with me.

Sierra likes it to give people a scare and really if she does I can see her laugh about it. She will be very nice and they pet her and than out of the blue she will give a bark( by the way it was very surprising to have a dog that barks so much as she do, I am not used to that hahaha)

And this morning Avak escaped........well I think that was his plan......because when I had the lease and some cookies he just stood by the neighbors and you could see him think: duh are you finally there, I am waiting for hours now( just a few minutes hahaha)
He was very disappointing that I didn't chased him.....( sometimes we have that game and he really loves that than he is running with the biggest smile)

Do your Tammies also have that weird sense of humor?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tamaskan sense of humor

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 am

Sam has his moments with amusing him self...

He really loves to annoy my partner.

My partner will get up from his seat to go to the toilet or in the kitchen or something and sam will wait a few minutes. When my partner makes a move to come back, Sam will run as fast as possible, jump into my partners seat, quickly lay down and close his eyes... When my partner get's back to his seat he will give the firm "down" command and Sam will peek through his eyes, wag his tail and close them again... He will unwillingly get down if i say "i think you'd best get down now Sam"...

So my partner sometimes pretends to come back so Sam goes to his seat and lays in it but when my partner doesn't actually come, he will go see where he is...

My partner doesn't think it's as cute and funny as i do :D But they are a pair of big kids :lol:

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Every night after dinner Sølve get's her walk, this have been that way for the last year+ and she definately knows this as she will start walking around, whining, look at us while shaming us and will put her cold nose on our skin etc. if things take too long, but when I get up to take the walk, I still have to play the same game with her every night, "chasing" her out in the hallway to give her her harness on.
I am sure it's a game to her :P
>> Nino <<

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Freyja tells us when she or when the other dogs have to go out. She sits back on her rump and pedals the air with her front legs at us. She does this funny "Rrr" then a small sneeze. She then does180s and looks at us, then 360s.
All of the dogs have their "puppy spaz" moments, too: they all lay on the couch and proceed to flail around until all the couch cushions are on the floor.
Darwin has started a bad habit, too. If he wants my attention and I'm standing or walking away from him, he pokes me in the butt with his nose. Bad boy! LOL

Hahaha, Terry, Freyja steals seats too!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Wow, you all sound like you have some super clowns in your homes :lol:

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am

Well I always say they are clowns yes and I was indeed just wondering if it where just mine tams or that more tams have this kind of humor. It is great to read there are more :mrgreen:
I always counted on Avak just to really grow up when he was 3 but now he is he sometimes still acts like a puppy hahahahaha

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 am

Cha-kal-le is 6 years old now...Still waiting.
Coydogs are even worse, they never grow up :lol:

Mylingen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Mylingen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Ookami does what Freya does, he will spin round and do the 'squirrel' and woo-woo us when he wants to go outside. Very persistant.
And when he was younger he used to nip people in the bum if they were walking in front of him.
He did it to me a couple of times and you could see the glimpse in his eye, sniggering away..

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Ulric loves taking my husband's spot on the bed when he gets up and look at him wagging his tail when he comes back, but when he tells Ulric to lay there after he gets up, Ulric will just lay on the floor instead with this look on his face that says "I don't wanna".

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm

It's important even for a dog to have a good sense of humour. It makes you and your dog live longer ;) Well, maybe it'll make your dog live even longer than you think

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi yes tams have a sense of humour.....but be aware lol ...of them trying to take your seat,,,,lol oh they just want to try out the leader of the pack but ha ha , rann is a rare tam in that he has a basketfull of cuddle toys...which sqeek or crinkle lol....each one has a name ...each one is still intact lol yes.....he know which toys he can pull on and which he cant....but he tries to get my wolf cuddle from my shelves real sneaky like lol as he knows which cudddle toys are mine.....they love to laugh with you or at themselves..my visertors are always in awe as he knows how to get there attention...usually by tossing a toy in the air and then trying to press the sqeek toy on the person with his nose....despite where that toy may be on the person lol lol
The MEETING OF MINDS