Travelling to the Far East With Tamaskans

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Travelling to the Far East With Tamaskans

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 am

Hey Guys,

While I'm fully aware that no Tamaskans are being sent to the Far East at anytime soon as the TDR has yet to establish in Asia, I was wondering that if I was to simply travel to meet my relatives in Vietnam in the future and take my future dogs there on the vacation with me (not to live obviosly, I don't want to live in Vietnam but that's besides the point, just as a visit), would that be a big problem?

I do want to let my cousins over there meet the breed in person as we've spoken a lot on facebook about the breed. I also plan to be extra cautious with the dogs while over there as well since I don't want to lose them (and considering that Vietnam is among the countries notorious for illegal meat :shock: ) but I am also not familliar with the system for travelling pets over there as I want to bring them there and then back here in Canada after the vacation safely.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Travelling to the Far East With Tamaskans

Post by Booma » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 am

Do you really want to spend several thousand dollars taking your dog on a holiday? It is costing me $3000 for a ONE WAY plane ticket for balto.
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 am

Kylievr wrote:Do you really want to spend several thousand dollars taking your dog on a holiday? It is costing me $3000 for a ONE WAY plane ticket for balto.
This, and besides the costs it probably would be very stressful to the dog.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Honestly, I think it'd be more cost effective and less stressful if your relatives were to take a trip and go to you. However, I understand that visas are NOT easy to obtain out there and even then, you'd have to have a significant amount of $$. :?

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Problem with them travelling here to Canada is that they have to be sponsored here by an immediate family member which none of them have at the moment. I do hope to one day be able to bring them to Ontario for a visit. ;)

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:43 pm

This would be so stressful for the dog... My poor Zephyr goes on a trip up to my cabin he always has the runs and can't relax enough to sleep at night. I have started making it only a day trip because it isn't fair to him.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 pm

You're right, I probably won't have enough money to do this and the adjustment can make the dogs sick being that the environments and so on are different. But I just thought "what if" and the fact that many people (some of whom were visa students here) I talk to over there have heard of the breed but never really get to meet them.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:02 am

I would think that a sponsorship for a tourism visa would be waaaaay less than to have to transport the dog, possible quarantine, health cert and all that fancy stuff to be able to travel overseas and then also travel back. lol.

It's far easier to have people take a plane ride to you than you and the dog(s) to go over there. XD

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:02 am

I wouldn't want a dog of my breeding going to the Far East to be honest.
If your cousins wan't to meet it, then maybe it would be a better idea for them to take a visit in Canada ..
>> Nino <<

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:40 am

Nino wrote:I wouldn't want a dog of my breeding going to the Far East to be honest.
If your cousins wan't to meet it, then maybe it would be a better idea for them to take a visit in Canada ..
I agree I wouldn't want a dog of my breeding to go to the far east for a handful of reasons.