Cream (Solid White) Puppy

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Rahne

Cream (Solid White) Puppy

Post by Rahne » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Sally wrote:KRhert, thanks for the info about litter names.

@nine00, yes they are blue eyes. I think a lot of this litter are going to have amber eyes ( hopefully). There is also a pure white puppy!
:shock: Pure white?? I want to see :D I think everyone is going to fight over that one lol

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: BLUSTAG FOR 2012

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Rahne wrote:

@nine00, yes they are blue eyes. I think a lot of this litter are going to have amber eyes ( hopefully). There is also a pure white puppy!
:shock: Pure white?? I want to see :D
me too :D

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Makes sense there is a pure white pup.. it was just a matter of time before such would show up, specially when line-breeding on Whitefang..

would love to see it though :)
>> Nino <<

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Since there are White wolves, will this colour be considered a fault, or will it be a new colour for the breed?
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:Since there are White wolves, will this colour be considered a fault, or will it be a new colour for the breed?
Probably a fault since Lynn doesn't like it.. she feels it would look too much like a white shepherd then. I personally wouldn't mind the colour, as you say there are also white wolves. It might show up more often in the future when certain lines are combined. Offspring of Summer, Skye, Heidi and Jodie could be carriers.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:53 pm

i love the look of white dogs... and pure black... the blackest black...

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 pm

TerriHolt wrote:i love the look of white dogs... and pure black... the blackest black...
Personally speaking, blues fascinate me the most. :) they appear to be black at first glance, but closer inspection sees blue. A friend of mine has a blue-skinned Standard Poodle - black fur. It's awesome when he's shaved for the summer - I get to see his blue butt. Haha!

Back on topic: would the all white pup be allowed to breed if crossed properly? No Whitefang in lineage...?

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:03 am

Awe! I want the white puppy, especially if the eyes come out light <3 I better repeat what Julie said... :lol:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:27 am

I would like to see the white puppy too...

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 am

arianwenarie wrote:Back on topic: would the all white pup be allowed to breed if crossed properly? No Whitefang in lineage...?
For the time being finding a no Withefang lineage is pretty hard.. Just on the top of my head the only litter that comes to mind that haven't got any Whitefang in them is the Rann/Tumanra litter.. at least here in Europe.. can anyone think of any other litter?
>> Nino <<

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 am

TerriHolt wrote:
JulieSmith wrote:To all of us who are not getting a puppy repeat as often as needed "I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I don't want a cute puppy" :mrgreen:
i wondered how that was working out for you :lol:
I. Have to repeat it often :lol: especially looking at all the photos, and. Now talk of a white puppy can not wait to see photos of that one.

Sally
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sally » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:51 am

I don't have enough experience to know, but will he stay white or is it possible that he will change since all the others change so much?
I think he will look great whatever, especially if the eyes are light. Should be interesting.....

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 am

Nino wrote:
arianwenarie wrote:Back on topic: would the all white pup be allowed to breed if crossed properly? No Whitefang in lineage...?
For the time being finding a no Withefang lineage is pretty hard.. Just on the top of my head the only litter that comes to mind that haven't got any Whitefang in them is the Rann/Tumanra litter.. at least here in Europe.. can anyone think of any other litter?
Sure.. any litters not directly from Heidi/Summer/Skye or Jodie. Susi/Tumanra/Bindi/Nevada/Vixen/Dallas/Nanna x Jackal/Dingo/Banjo/Rann and Alba lines.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 am

Rahne wrote:
Nino wrote:
Sure.. any litters not directly from Heidi/Summer/Skye or Jodie. Susi/Tumanra/Bindi/Nevada/Vixen/Dallas/Nanna x Jackal/Dingo/Banjo/Rann and Alba lines.
That rules out everything Rahne :lol:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:58 am

Rahne wrote:
Nino wrote:
oh well that should be easy then :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 am

*just going to dig myself down now* :lol:
>> Nino <<

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 am

Wait a sec... I'm reading Rahne's post as all the lines that don't have Heidi, Summer, Skye and Jodie would be compatible (genetically) to the white pup if used for breeding...did I interpret that right? Lol. It's nearly 130am and I'm loopy. Reason being that Jodie is Whitefang's...brother? And the rest of them are sired by Whitefang. Whoa! So that'd be Aunt Jodie to Summer, Skye and Heidi, right? Wow. (yes, I am easily amused in this state of mind). :p

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 am

arianwenarie wrote:Wait a sec... I'm reading Rahne's post as all the lines that don't have Heidi, Summer, Skye and Jodie would be compatible (genetically) to the white pup if used for breeding...did I interpret that right? Lol. It's nearly 130am and I'm loopy. Reason being that Jodie is Whitefang's...brother? And the rest of them are sired by Whitefang. Whoa! So that'd be Aunt Jodie to Summer, Skye and Heidi, right? Wow. (yes, I am easily amused in this state of mind). :p
Yes that's correct :D
I think there have been whites in the Utonagan lines aswell but they would be much further back so the chance that the dogs coming from those lines carry the white gene are small (but not impossible). A lot of those dogs have been crossed back already and so far we havn't seen any whites...

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of Whitefang and Lousa? I've looked around but can't seem to find any.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 pm

KRHert wrote:Does anyone know where I can find pictures of Whitefang and Lousa? I've looked around but can't seem to find any.
This is Paloose (Lousa): http://www.blufawn.co.uk/images/Lou%20June.JPG
You can ask Jennie or Lynn for a picture of Whitefang...

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:01 pm

That's a very pretty doggy :)
Image Image

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks Rahne

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:02 am

The big question is who is getting the white puppy? I hope it is someone on the forum, I am very curious to see how s/he turns out.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 am

JulieSmith wrote:The big question is who is getting the white puppy? I hope it is someone on the forum, I am very curious to see how s/he turns out.
Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn kept the white puppy. lol. Regardless, I'd love to see how the pup turns out. :D

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:33 am

I doubt she'll keep it or that it'll be bred... Solid colors are against standard after all.... :?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Valravn wrote:I doubt she'll keep it or that it'll be bred... Solid colors are against standard after all.... :?
It depends how it turns out. After all, young pups change a great deal as they grow and mature - by adulthood it may very well have an outer layer of darker guardhairs. (remember how Winni was born pure black?) We'll just have to wait and see. :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Sally
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sally » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:35 pm

That's what I was thinking, it might change as it grows up, could turn out a stunning dog. Lynn said she would probably keep him.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Am I missing something? What White puppy?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Katlin wrote:Am I missing something? What White puppy?

:D just waiting on pics :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Tamaskan Dog Standard;
COLOUR: Black Grey, Wolf Grey and Red Grey always with black overlay and characteristic wolf mask. Solid colours unacceptable.
Eyes: Eyes are Yellow through amber & brown. Almond shaped and of medium size. Blue eyes are a disqualifying fault.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS
- Untypical eye colour

- Incorrect Ear carriage

- Incorrect markings

- Incorrect tail carriage
These are standards for showing and not breeding. In breeding, you want to aim to achieve the breed standard. An all white Tamaskan does not fit in the standard, but as puppies change as they grow the all white may turn into a very light wolf grey. Only time will tell. If its an Albino, the color won't change and the dog will be very sensitive to the sun.
Most Tamaskan puppies when they first open their eyes appear blue. As the puppy matures the eyes normally will change to amber or brown.
As for the all white puppy, I want to see some pictures. I don't know if an all white Tamaskan was ever produced, so it may be hard to determine if the puppy will stay all white or change colors. I have seen light puppies darken and dark puppies lighten, but never have I seen a pure white Tamaskan. Is anyone for certain if the puppy is white or Albino?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 am

Tarheel wrote:Tamaskan Dog Standard;
COLOUR: Black Grey, Wolf Grey and Red Grey always with black overlay and characteristic wolf mask. Solid colours unacceptable.
Eyes: Eyes are Yellow through amber & brown. Almond shaped and of medium size. Blue eyes are a disqualifying fault.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS
- Untypical eye colour

- Incorrect Ear carriage

- Incorrect markings

- Incorrect tail carriage
These are standards for showing and not breeding. In breeding, you want to aim to achieve the breed standard. An all white Tamaskan does not fit in the standard, but as puppies change as they grow the all white may turn into a very light wolf grey. Only time will tell. If its an Albino, the color won't change and the dog will be very sensitive to the sun.
Most Tamaskan puppies when they first open their eyes appear blue. As the puppy matures the eyes normally will change to amber or brown.
As for the all white puppy, I want to see some pictures. I don't know if an all white Tamaskan was ever produced, so it may be hard to determine if the puppy will stay all white or change colors. I have seen light puppies darken and dark puppies lighten, but never have I seen a pure white Tamaskan. Is anyone for certain if the puppy is white or Albino?
It should be pretty easy to determine if it's an Albino - I really doubt so.
Much more likely that it would be the same white as the White Swiss Shepherd and the White Siberian Husky - which geneticly actually are very pale reds
>> Nino <<

Sally
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sally » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Deciding to buy a Tamaskan puppy and have it shipped to Canada was not a decision I made lightly. I wanted to find out as much as I could about the puppies parents, what was behind them and also the rest of the litter. So I called Lynn. I told her I was interested in the Heidi/Bodie litter, I also said I was keen on the light grey color. She told me there were some very light pups and also an all white one which they had never had before. I did not ask if it was albino (it honestly didn't cross my mind). I cannot state as fact that it is not, but the way the conversation went I would say no it is not an albino.
I posted my initial comment only as a point of interest about the new puppies for those of us getting one, and others interested. I was not trying to start a debate about breed standard and albino dogs.
I am sure Lynn will be able to clear everything up (hopefully soon!) She also assured me that she had taken lots of puppy pictures in the meantime.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Sally wrote:I posted my initial comment only as a point of interest about the new puppies for those of us getting one, and others interested. I was not trying to start a debate about breed standard and albino dogs.
oh we happy you did :D a topic of conversation while waiting impatiently for puppy pictures :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 pm

I'm happy to hear Lynn has been taking lots of pictures. It's been great to see my future puppy's litter mates that have been posted on here, as well as some of the other puppies. I can't wait to see more pictures and we're very excited to meet our new puppy at the end of the month!

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
Sally wrote:I posted my initial comment only as a point of interest about the new puppies for those of us getting one, and others interested. I was not trying to start a debate about breed standard and albino dogs.
oh we happy you did :D a topic of conversation while waiting impatiently for puppy pictures :lol:
Agreed. :D

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am

Very quickly as I still have no internet. The white puppy is gorgeous and has yellow eyes as expected. I am holding him
here for the moment until I make up my mind what to do with him and where he can go. I think he will be a great assest to our gene pool assuming that White would be acceptable. At the moment we have wolf/grey red/grey and black/grey. As soon as I am on the internet I will post photos. This is the first time I have been on the forum in ages so please forgive me if I havnt replied to any other topics as Im not getting the chance to read them yet.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Lynn, Thanks for the details and the description to include yellow eyes. With yellow eyes, that rules out an albino pup.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh wow - he sounds absolutely striking. I hope his colouring holds - he'd be an arctic tam! :lol:

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:20 pm

White and yellow eyes?! I wish I could have him <3 (I love white wolves). Can't wait to see photos :mrgreen:

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:32 pm

White tam with yellow eye? Sounds uber cute!
Image Image

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:38 pm

That sounds really pretty, can't wait to see him.

If solid colors are added to the breed standard will that make it easier for more people to breed "knock off" Tams? I'm in no way arguing for or against anything I'm just curious. The current breed standard says no solid colors but then we have this really nice all white puppy born and may consider changing the breed standard for this one puppy. I know the breed is still growing and standards aren't necessarily set in stone but if we change the standards a lot then where does that end? Just something to think about.

I still can't wait to see a picture of him though.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 pm

He may not stay solid White though, he may grow a grey undercoat like hoe Winnie started solid black and
She's grey black.
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:50 pm

KRHert wrote:If solid colors are added to the breed standard will that make it easier for more people to breed "knock off" Tams? I'm in no way arguing for or against anything I'm just curious. The current breed standard says no solid colors but then we have this really nice all white puppy born and may consider changing the breed standard for this one puppy. I know the breed is still growing and standards aren't necessarily set in stone but if we change the standards a lot then where does that end? Just something to think about.
No. Solid white and black (phase) are colors that exists in wolves, and since we are aiming to create a dog that looks like a wolf these colors might be acceptable.. anything else certainly won't.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:00 pm

If he has a light grey over coat I think he should be aloud to breed. I would NOT like to see solid white added to the breed even if he has yellow eyes.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Solid white pup

Post by Valravn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

yeah, if it's a "white-grey" that'd be great. :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:21 pm

AZDehlin wrote:If he has a light grey over coat I think he should be aloud to breed. I would NOT like to see solid white added to the breed even if he has yellow eyes.
I agree with you on this one.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:50 pm

White with yellow eyes sounds stunning. I hope Lynn gets Internet soon I can hardly wait to see photos of him and the rest of he puppies.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 pm

JulieSmith wrote:White with yellow eyes sounds stunning. I hope Lynn gets Internet soon I can hardly wait to see photos of him and the rest of he puppies.
i can't wait to see pics off all the puppies tooo :D ... i can't wait to see more pics of my puppy :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:39 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
JulieSmith wrote:White with yellow eyes sounds stunning. I hope Lynn gets Internet soon I can hardly wait to see photos of him and the rest of he puppies.
i can't wait to see pics off all the puppies tooo :D ... i can't wait to see more pics of my puppy :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:56 am

I feel so out of the loop :D
However I'm definitely ready to see this pup! Sounds gorgeous & definitely sounds like it could add something to the Tam breed.
Katurah