A REMINDER

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

A REMINDER

Post by Blustag » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Here is a reminder for those of you that may have forgotten (and there is someone on here who it seems HAS forgotten!) There are many many false accusations on the www relating to our breed having wolf content. I would say they all date back at least 2 yrs but probably 5 or more and TOTALLY without foundation/proof. Also I am putting this here for the benefit of newcomers to our breed and our forum.

These accusations come in all shapes and sizes from personal websites through to the odd pages here and there and of course the website labelled No Wolf Fable whatever!

There is even a breakdown of my dogs breeding/bloodlines....showing wolf content.... Yeah right! We all know from recent history how certain people have been 'playing' with photoshop! Debby selling puppies out of a shopping cart for one. Me selling puppies out of the back of a trailer for another!

ALL of this started several years ago by a couple of people with a grudge and then RPK (RightPuppyKennel USA) joined in as we all know, along with some others. Common denominator was they were ALL of them refused puppies from myself.

Take a GOOD look at your dogs/puppies. Can you see the 'wolf'. Does your dog behave like a 'wolf' OR does your dog/puppy have a beautiful nature/temperament and love everybody??

Also I want to remind people that I have spent thousands of pounds on this breed. I have used the very best stud dogs and bitches that I can. I am thinking of the future of this breed NOT myself! I have moved country....reintroduced new blood at great cost and bought them all back to UK.

IF I was just thinking of myself then I could just use my own dogs and bitches and no one else's and save myself a fortune in stud fees. I would not worry about expanding the breeding pool for the benefit of the breed and its new owners. I would not care about other people and certainly wouldnt bother putting on a grand show annually for everyone to enjoy with their dogs. But NO.... I have plans this year to use at least 3 different stud dogs belonging to other people (registered with the TDR of course) This is going to cost me a LOT of money and it is ONLY for the benefit of the breed and its owners.

I am not the only person either who has put in a great amount of time and effort into putting this breed where it is today. JENNY has done a grand job which Im sure most of you would agree. Without her this breed would definately NOT be here today I can assure you of that!

So to the kind person who sent Jenny and myself a link to one of these bogus sites... along with nasty accusations THANKYOU.... you timed that just right when I am at my lowest ebb having just lost my lovely lad Skye.

If you carry out your threat to blast such stuff on the European forums then you will be letting a lot of people here on the forum down and will be no better than RPK and the others who created this heap of shit in the first place. Think about that please and NOT yourselves.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: A REMINDER

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Seriously? :shock: someone hear? :( Sorry they think that :(

Anyone who has been paying attention knows how much love, time, care and money breeders put into bettering the breed and I for 1 openly thank everyone who is a part of making the breed what it is today... I love my (completely wolf free) boy who was given a great start in life while with Pete and he continues to wow everyone when we, me and my family walk him.

I don't doubt for one minute the genuinity behind the dogs and the various websites who publicly slander names of honest genuine people are run by a bunch of immature people who need a life instead of spying on what someone else is doing. if they put as much effort into their own dogs, they just might (use the term might loosely) make a success of their own dogs... and anyone who believes the BS is no better than the moral free, puppy farming scum and lowlifes who made them.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Blustag wrote:So to the kind person who sent Jenny and myself a link to one of these bogus sites... along with nasty accusations THANKYOU.... you timed that just right when I am at my lowest ebb having just lost my lovely lad Skye.
What a despicable thing to do. Cindy has an amazing temperament, gets so excited to see everyone - dogs and people alike. I found my 2 year old son poking his finger in her eye and she didn't even move her head away or try to tell him off, nicely or nastily. Very few dogs would do that and even fewer wolves! Couldn't wish for a better dog, a better behaved son maybe.

People ask if I would get another Tam after meeting Cindy (& her hips) and I always say "YES, without a doubt".

I made a point of reading all those nasty sites before buying and something just didn't sit right with them, there was just too much rabid, raving nastiness.

More fool those who believe the sites over meeting the real thing.

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:21 pm

I can't believe these people :?: who would send such a rude email! I love that my Mona Lisa only "looks" like a wolf, hence the name wolfdog without the wolf. Those people are just jeolous of honest breeders like Lynn and Jenny ;)

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:34 pm

How low can people get... I think they are jealous. I may have only had my puppy for 3 days but he has the absolute best personalty of any dog I have owned. He is extremely calm and very gentle , he sleeps through the night and hasn't had any accidents in the house... Absolutely amazing dog. Learn some respect for the people that work so hard for this breed.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 pm

sorry am i getting this right :?: is this someone on the forum if this is the case (and apologies if i have got it wrong ) SHAME ON YOU, if you dont like the forum and all the tam lovers on here two words SOD OF :( .

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 pm

AZDehlin wrote:How low can people get... I think they are jealous. I may have only had my puppy for 3 days but he has the absolute best personalty of any dog I have owned. He is extremely calm and very gentle , he sleeps through the night and hasn't had any accidents in the house... Absolutely amazing dog. Learn some respect for the people that work so hard for this breed.
wow, you sure got lucky :lol:
AZDehlin wrote: I think they are jealous
me too. the breeders hear have something great that EVERYONE loves 8-)

are they 'in' with other 'Tamaskan' breeders? just curious as to how they can be in a community like this where everyone (i thought) has the same views then does something like that...

i've said it before and i'll say it again... humans are weird ;)

Edit: nothing to do with the mal wanna be breeder is it? if it is then that would explain a lot :?

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:56 pm

wicca1 wrote:sorry am i getting this right :?: is this someone on the forum if this is the case (and apologies if i have got it wrong ) SHAME ON YOU, if you dont like the forum and all the tam lovers on here two words SOD OF :( .
Yes it is someone here on the forum and whats more I thought were friends!!!
We live and learn dont we. I dont want to announce who they are and shock you all just hope they have a change of heart. Such a shame that they believe the morons out there and not us.

CSpiker86
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by CSpiker86 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:04 pm

:?: wow! some people! my pup, who Ive also had for 3 days is the sweetest thing in the world. So eager to meet people when i carry him around in Petsmart, has his tail wagging an everything. They have to be jealous, seriously :shock:

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Every Tamaskan I have met has been a lamb (in wolf's clothing) but pure gentle lamb through and through.
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:16 pm

AngieH wrote:Every Tamaskan I have met has been a lamb (in wolf's clothing) but pure gentle lamb through and through.
i love the way you describe things...
Blustag wrote:Yes it is someone here on the forum and whats more I thought were friends!!!
such a shame when friends go rouge, lets hope they do have a change of heart. last thing you need right now is more ____ spreading about on top of whats already there.

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I feel bad about this situation.. Makes me think who it is and if it id someome I myself consider a "friend" and if the ones I do consider friends cannot be trusted..

I made sure I read all the bad stuff before considering getting a Tamaskan, and I just came to the conclusion that there wasn't any hard evidence - and if they were telling the truth then more would be on "their side" but most of the Tamasksn owners are not!

After having gotten Sølve, I wouldn't care if there were flyfish in the breed - it is certainly the most wonderful dog I could ever imagine having - and if I am allowed so - it will NOT be the last Tamaskan I have (and thats considering that Sølve is shy of adult strangers - but that probably have much to do with a eviomental factor - she loves children and shows no agression, just avoids direct contact if the adult shows interest in her)

I LOVE the Tamaskan breed! It is a lovely breed - and there is definately no more wolf in my dog than there is chihuahua.. She acts much like a husky and looks much like an xl version of the racing huskies from the musher I am in contact with to start Sølve up 9as a sleddog ;)
>> Nino <<

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 pm

What kind of person would do that?! Insane >:(
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Boreal wrote:What kind of person would do that?! Insane >:(
We don't know what person did that. We don't know their motivation or circumstance. But we do know we are all broken people. Sometimes we make our way more skillfully through one anothers' lives than other times. (I know I have stepped on toes at times :oops: )

No one gets to pick what someone else wants. No one can decide what someone else thinks is important (or even proper.)

How shall we respond to one another when we passionately disagree with one another's actions, choices or philosophies?

I am disturbed at the public call to arms following what was apparently a private message. But I also understand the longing for support in such a painful time and I do not hesitate to offer it.

"Sin is not something to be punished. Sin is something to be comforted out of existence."
(from Buddhist apologetics)
~Nin

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:19 am

AngieH wrote:I am disturbed at the public call to arms following what was apparently a private message. But I also understand the longing for support in such a painful time and I do not hesitate to offer it.
Thank you for your support :) It wasnt just a 'private' message but written to me with copies to the whole TDR committee!

Let me explain. I put this here on the forum because 'someone' who has Tamaskan and knows all of us (it isnt a jealousy thing) has suddenly seen a link on the www which is 'very' dated and has believed it!!!! I am just trying to make sure that everyone particularly the newbies on here are not fooled by all the OLD stuff on the web which will from time to time make appearances here and there. Unfortunately one cannot 'remove' such utter rubbish from the www, and in this day and age of IT it is easy to alter and photoshop and take extractions from websites and turn them into your advantage. This has happened time and again and will continue to happen while the www exists. I have had many photographs of my dogs stolen from the web and then they suddenly appear on other's websites. Unbelievable! I cannot for the life of me get my head around these people who have suddenly addressed us in this way. They say they want to 'warn' people of the wolf content in Germany and The Netherlands.

I would like to add that Rahne and Gaby are organising a get together over there sometime soon and I hope that they get LOTS of support from those closeby who could attend.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 pm

AngieH wrote:
Boreal wrote:What kind of person would do that?! Insane >:(
We don't know what person did that. We don't know their motivation or circumstance. But we do know we are all broken people. Sometimes we make our way more skillfully through one anothers' lives than other times. (I know I have stepped on toes at times :oops: )

No one gets to pick what someone else wants. No one can decide what someone else thinks is important (or even proper.)

How shall we respond to one another when we passionately disagree with one another's actions, choices or philosophies?

I am disturbed at the public call to arms following what was apparently a private message. But I also understand the longing for support in such a painful time and I do not hesitate to offer it.

"Sin is not something to be punished. Sin is something to be comforted out of existence."
(from Buddhist apologetics)
Sorry to hear about this Lynn. One of the things I love about this forum is the passion for the breed, It does mean that occasionally people do write before thinking, but it does make for interesting reading.

A friend sent me this link many years ago to demonstrate why when reading things on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter) you should always question why something has been written.

Here is the link: http://www.dhmo.org/

The rule is if you read something on the internet find at least a couple of more reputable sources before believing anything. I came across the no wolf fable site when I first researched Tamaskans, I discounted anything written there as it was just a single page not linked to any other site and no author. I could not find anything else anywhere else except on an Attu breeders web site, so without any credible back up did not believe it.

I can understand why if you have not come across this site before it could shake you up. I came across it again after putting on my deposit for a puppy and it had been updated with more information, that looked credible. It did worry me for a bit, but I looked for any other sites that would back up their claims and could not find any accept on the Attu site and the RPK 'truth' site, so not very reliable back up. I also had the advantage of having been to the UK meeting and thought about the dogs I had met there, did I think they were wolves or dogs? answer dogs. I do remember though the panic and worry of whether we had done the right thing in putting a deposit on a Tamaskan until I had satisfied myself that the site was false.

Unfortunately since this site exists every now and then someone is going to ask is it true, would it be an idea to have a section on this forum that deals with the most common questions asked. That way when someone asks the question they can be politely pointed in that sections direction. I know there is a reluctance to put too much on this forum so that it can not be twisted by those making up these rumours, but there must be enough general answers that could be published. What about a section that lists the personality differences between wolves, wolf crosses and Tamaskans, there is then enough other sections on here saying about the personalities of peoples Tams for newcomers to compare. I would also suggest that if a frequently asked questions section was set up it was locked so that there is no discussion on it so that it does not get confusing. I know a section like that would have put my mind at rest a lot quicker when I had my doubts.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 pm

when i decided to get another dog, after the sad loss of my previous girl i did lots of research on various dogs, i was going to get a malamute and then discovered the Tamaskan i found a breeder and then found she had left the TDR, i also discovered the various sites (no wolf ect ect), and i admit to being quite taken in with it. so imagine my suprise when on joining the forum i found friendly, nice people who were willing to welcome me and also let me have my say on any and all topics on the forum, the same people i was led to believe threw anyone who didn,t agree with them of the forum, and caused no end of trouble for various other breeders ect, now i never go to any other sites becuse i can get any info i need from the TDR and the forum.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:40 pm

anything that gets written can be twisted in the right hands but keeping everything hush hush and not writing a FAQ could push people in the right direction to believe those sites "well, that don't have a lot of open info or answer questions" over to the 'other' websites " wow, look at all the info they are providing".

what you could do is be more open, even if there is reluctence and disect the various websites (fling their on BS back at them with a shovel :D ). make a topic for it and the bits you extract from it put in quoet bubble with a genuine, honest explanation to go underneath it. even if it's as simple as "i'm not even going to dignify this with a response... a complete and outright lie". make a start with a simple but detailed statement as to why these people are wasting time on it. comittee members all do the same thing, swap ideas. with more heads, the right info will get used. look at what you are doing and try to see it from the twisteds point of view to see how much it can be twisted...

i know it will take time and you guys are busy but julie's right. iit would ease minds if they found something like this amidst all the lies. even make it accessable for non reg users if it won't cause too much trouble...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I have seen a list on the internet too.. about the wolf content in the Tamaskan.. unknown/F1/F2 etc..
All listed with the dogs names etc

It didn't stop me from getting a Tam.. or two :lol: ;)

This is a blog about the tamaskan fable and I guess everyone who did a research have found lots of readings about wolf content in the breed.

As Nino said.. I wouldn't care if there were flyfish in the breed :lol:

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 pm

There is a lot of slander and rumor spreading on the internet in virtually every hobby, industry and practice on earth. The internet is the perfect battle ground for the millions of wars on information and knowledge. Everyone claims to know something the other doesn't, and many people and organizations fabricate "knowledge" to serve their own purposes. This is no less true in the world of dog breeds. In almost every breed you'll find breeders who claim the other breeders have mixed dogs, unhealthy dogs, hybrids, aggressive dogs etc. At the end of the day its up to the consumer to navigate through all of it and make a choice they are comfortable with.

Everyone here is happy with their tams, myself included. Regardless of all the conflicting information out there, I am absolutely in love with my dog, and her temperament, appearances and health are very much due to her breed. Tamaskans are fantastic dogs and that shines through in all the great pups and dogs we see on this forum. Thanks to the efforts of Lynn and all the other breeders, many of us own or will one day own a truly magnificent dog.

SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SpiritEcho » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:14 am

Blustag wrote: We all know from recent history how certain people have been 'playing' with photoshop! Debby selling puppies out of a shopping cart for one. Me selling puppies out of the back of a trailer for another!
yes I remember the fake news paper page I think I PM'd you and several of the other breeders on here pointing out the faults on it and some of the faults of the other sites.

I'm not an academic but I'm not stupid either. at first look sure some of these faults can be over looked.
look again and again and you will pick those sites apart.

Bluestag I'm sorry to hear of your loss I know how it feels, I just lost my old Kelpie after 15 years.

try not to let this person or their accusations upset you, it's possible they joined the forum with intent to troll and is probably one involved with the RPK or one of the other puppy mills.
Dogs are a gift most people don't deserve ^..^

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:11 am

martinbernstein wrote:Everyone here is happy with their tams, myself included. Regardless of all the conflicting information out there, I am absolutely in love with my dog, and her temperament, appearances and health are very much due to her breed. Tamaskans are fantastic dogs and that shines through in all the great pups and dogs we see on this forum. Thanks to the efforts of Lynn and all the other breeders, many of us own or will one day own a truly magnificent dog.
I agree they are a wonderful dog and I could not now imagin life without a Tam (or 2!) and they are improving with every generation. Keep up the good work.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Thankyou Martin. :) and others for your inputs.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 am

SpiritEcho wrote:Bluestag I'm sorry to hear of your loss I know how it feels, I just lost my old Kelpie after 15 years.

try not to let this person or their accusations upset you, it's possible they joined the forum with intent to troll and is probably one involved with the RPK or one of the other puppy mills.
Im sorry to hear about the loss of your Kelpie. It never gets any easier does it and my problem is I know that I am going to lose several very close together because of their ages.

These people are not part of RPK or any other group but are members of our community which makes it harder to understand.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Blustag wrote:These people are not part of RPK or any other group but are members of our community which makes it harder to understand.
Are those peoples still members on this forum?

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 pm

YES.

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:54 pm

The part I don't understand is: If someone fell victim to the antagonistic websites and sincerely believed they had been betrayed and lied to about the nature of their pet, then wouldn't it be correct and proper to confront Lynn about it and document the correspondence with the official registry? It would actually be a considerate thing to do rather than just go off in a huff and and join the antagonism publicly right off the bat. (Which, it appears, the letter-writer did say he/she would do *if* he/she can not get satisfactory redress of her concerns.)

Perhaps, as others have said, it's time to gently and dispassionately make answer to the accusations since even friends and members of the Tamaskan community have succumbed to them.

Then, if this happens again, you can post a gentle "reminder" publicly and gently direct any future letter-writers to it privately with the same CC audience so the rest of the board knows you are handling it.

The way it's unfolding now, the letter-writer is more likely to be inflamed and alienated instead of reassured and reconciled. (Which, since you said this is a member of our community and someone you consider a friend, I would think would be the goal.)

Like I said before. We are all often unskillful in how we walk through one another's lives. It takes a lot of grace.
~Nin

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:06 pm

All the answers lie here on the forum and on the websites and also in the Tamaskan Handbook and History book. What more can we do???? IF they choose not to believe in what we have logged than no more can be done. The answers also lie in their own dogs and yours and mine. Loving, kind temperaments. NOT wolves or wolfdogs.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Blustag wrote:All the answers lie here on the forum and on the websites and also in the Tamaskan Handbook and History book. What more can we do???? IF they choose not to believe in what we have logged than no more can be done. The answers also lie in their own dogs and yours and mine. Loving, kind temperaments. NOT wolves or wolfdogs.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Really.... can you please send me some information privately...thankyou.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Blustag wrote:Really.... can you please send me some information privately...thankyou.
I am not good at english so I might misunderstand quite alot .. but I will PM you!

SpiritEcho
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SpiritEcho » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 am

Blustag wrote: Im sorry to hear about the loss of your Kelpie. It never gets any easier does it and my problem is I know that I am going to lose several very close together because of their ages.
no it never gets easier and I don't think we really ever get over the loss of any family member
human or animal. I don't speak for everyone in this respect as I know there are people who don't have such a strong bond with their pets or their human family for that matter. I personally cant comprehend such a reality, nor do I understand how these people get by on a daily basis.
but for the rest of us, to farewell an old pack mate is hardest thing.
Dogs are a gift most people don't deserve ^..^

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 am

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Something like that :lol: I had forgotten about that.

Just a suggestion put no wolf fable in the title just incase a newcomer does not realise who started the lies.

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Excelent! That makes it easy! (for best results, you might consider making it public and not available to subscribers only.)

Perhaps future "reminders" might simply say:
-----------
"It has been brought to our attention (no need to expose how - that is a private TDR committee matter) that misinformation posted online continues to confuse our friends. If you are confused by accusations published by antagonistic websites making claims about Tamaskan dogs, please visit
http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2
additionally, in the spirit of transparency and disclosure, we also offer a booklet about our foundation dogs that can be obtained by (instructions here.)
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact any TDR committee member who will be happy to facilitate your understanding.

Thank you,"
-----------
(PS - I would love the booklet on the foundation dogs! When I ordered my Tamaskan care guide several months ago, I thought the foundation dog guide was for breeders only. I'll be in touch on the TSGB site!) :)
~Nin

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 pm

AngieH wrote:
Excelent! That makes it easy! (for best results, you might consider making it public and not available to subscribers only.)

Perhaps future "reminders" might simply say:
-----------
"It has been brought to our attention (no need to expose how - that is a private TDR committee matter) that misinformation posted online continues to confuse our friends. If you are confused by accusations published by antagonistic websites making claims about Tamaskan dogs, please visit
http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2
additionally, in the spirit of transparency and disclosure, we also offer a booklet about our foundation dogs that can be obtained by (instructions here.)
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact any TDR committee member who will be happy to facilitate your understanding.

Thank you,"
-----------
(PS - I would love the booklet on the foundation dogs! When I ordered my Tamaskan care guide several months ago, I thought the foundation dog guide was for breeders only. I'll be in touch on the TSGB site!) :)
I like those suggestions. Especially putting it on the public area as not everyone who comes across those sites will join. If they find the forum first then they are forewarned about the lies and hopefully less likely to fall for them. (sorry typing on the phone put this in the wrong place to start with)

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 pm

This one many be a bit better, found on the articles section of the Tamaskan Dog Society of Great Britain website
http://tamaskan-dog.com/UK/websites.htm
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:31 pm

blufawn wrote:This one many be a bit better, found on the articles section of the Tamaskan Dog Society of Great Britain website
http://tamaskan-dog.com/UK/websites.htm
That is very good, people just need to read it now.

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am

It's crazy what lengths some hateful people will go to :evil:
It's nice you guys can move past it like professionals!
Katurah

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 pm

I know this is just reasoning, but why bother to create another breed with wolf content? There are already several--so why would Lynn and Jennie bother to create a dog breed with wolf content? It would be like taking a bunch of dogs and trying to re-create an existing dog breed. Pointless. If one was interested in wolfdogs, why not join up with the wolfdog breeders??? With this thought it makes sense that wolf content would be a silly thing to do. Why would Lynn and Jennie waste their time? I was very concerned for a while--but like others digested the whole site and came out the other side with nothing. I have charts and lists and created family trees--there's nothing there that says Tams have wolf content.

The whole point of the Tam is to create a breed that looks like a wolf, but behaves like a domestic dog. We have that, for sure! Freyja and Darwin are Tamaskan Dogs. "Dogs!" I see no wild dog behavior in them--some crazy husky behavior :lol: :lol: :lol: but no wolf behavior. :D
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Czertice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Czertice » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 am

I have read the no-wolf-fable webpage before finding my way here to this forum.

My opinion derived from that page was that a wolf blood(pure/content/hybrid/czechoslovakian/saarlooos/whatever) was probably used at the beginning of Tamaskan. Coming to this forum and seeing for the first time some photos of Tamaskans, it is plain to see in most Tamaskans that they also have a lot of husky/malamute kind of breed in them, and I personally don't see much resemblance to wolfdog hybrids (as the no-wolf-fable site claimed them to be). Also, if CSWs were used, then hey - they are registered DOG breeds, so the no-wolf thing still holds:D

The best thing you can do (and already have done) is to share information and address the accusations.

Seeing pictures and reading praises of Tam owners about the mild character of their dogs on this forum - for me personally I conclude that even if there were a wolf used at the beginning, it really is of little importance now. The wolf inheritance - if there is any - must be really thin and there is no need to get worked up about it.

Glennz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Glennz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 am

wicca1 wrote:sorry am i getting this right :?: is this someone on the forum if this is the case (and apologies if i have got it wrong ) SHAME ON YOU, if you dont like the forum and all the tam lovers on here two words SOD OF :( .
I think I know him very well... :|