Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Post by wen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 pm

great video, it was great to see the tarheel pack in good shape.
Hope this will wake up some conscious...

(BTW : not bad your veterinary :mrgreen: )
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

wen wrote:(BTW : not bad your veterinary :mrgreen: )
That's what I was thinking!

No matter-- they're safe and we're all very happy for you and glad Tarheel can continue to be breeders. USA NEEDS YOU!!!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 am

On a good note, Kana was released from the hospital and is safely home. We even took her out to the local coffee shop and she was quickly recognised from the local paper. People are outraged at how someone could do such evil to such wonderful creatures. I also got a call from our local vet who did the initial assessment of the dogs. They wanted to inform me that some anonamous person heard about our story and donated $100 dollars to our vet bills. It just goes to show you that there are kind and caring people in this world.

Blaze and Jaeger still have very small trace amounts of antifreeze in their systems and the Vet recommended another night of treatment. Although the dogs initial assesment was very grim, it is a miracle they all will be 100 percent with no long term affects.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

mackenziecorcoran
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by mackenziecorcoran » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 am

John that's really great that all the dogs are going to be fine with no long term effects. I'm really happy they were able to pull through, they are really awesome dogs. Can't wait to see em again June 4th!

wolflove
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolflove » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 am

This is ironic... today in Psychology we were talking about how people that find pleasure in killing animals have a good chance of becoming serial killers. Not sure this person did this simply for pleasure though, especially if it were just these specific dogs sought after. I wonder if they could track what the suspects' credit cards had recently bought. Maybe they were stupid enough to have recently bought the anti-freeze with their credit card...

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

john im so glad to hear the dogs have started returning home and that there will be 100% healthy again! your pack has been on my mind all week! cant wait until all dogs are back home with you.

i also cant wait to hear if the police have gotten any evidence! hopefully all the press coverage on the story keeps them working hard to solve this case.

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 am

great new about the dogs !
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 am

Glad to hear they will all be well, such a relief.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Many asked, and we were able to start a fund for the emergency care for Blaze, Kana, Jaeger, and Sequoia to those who wish to donate. Thank you all for thinking of us as this difficult time. We hope the boys can be released home today!

http://emergencytreatmentforbannowdogs. ... annow-dogs
ChipIn: Bannow Dogs
emergencytreatmentforbannowdogs.chipin.com

TO date, just the Vet Bills alone have reached $7,500 dollars.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Glad to see this is established! I am sure by the time its all over with your going to have about 10 grand in debt.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm

We will have a collection for you at the UK show next month, so everyone bring lots of change, because we will be emptying your pockets
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

I just donated, I hope it helps some!

Molly
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by Molly » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:03 pm

The language barrier makes that I do not often come on the English forum and I ignored everything of this history...
I just come to read main lines and to view the video.... :o

I am really relieved for you and your dogs and I hope sincerely that the criminals who acted so meanly are going to pay very expensively their muck !

Ils méritent d'être torturés vifs ! :twisted:

Mamallamak
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Mamallamak » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Hey, popped back in to see how the dogs are doing. I am so glad they are doing better!! Moosey says HI!!!! I'll be sure to get on and donate as soon as I get a free minute. My mom even called to ask about it. She said she had heard it was "the State mascot" that was poisoned so I did a search to see if I found anything saying that. It is amazing how this is getting out, and everyone is confusing who was poisoned. NCSU is blaming UNC and UNC is blaming NSCU and ECU........uuuggghhh! But who knows, maybe it'll get the word out even further and people will donate to help pay the medical bills. I even saw an article about it in the Orlando Sentinel online. I just hope it all doesn't deter from finding the real culprit!

Keep Wave close by though. Who knows if all this stupidity will make someone really try to come after Wave. Hopefully not, but you never know with these stupid rivalries......but, for the record, we are total State fans in my house!! My 5 yr old son just broke his arm at school this week (my poor baby!!) and HAD to have a NCSU red cast!! Hubby got is undergrad and masters there and even works there now. The search for Tuffy is how we learned of the breed and were able to get Moose. side note: I hate I wasn't home with him today!! He HATES thunder storms!! We got hit pretty good. His favorite place when they hit is in my lap!

John - Hope you don't get hit hard out there by the coast this afternoon!!

I truely hope it wasn't who everyone thinks it was. I would hope another breeder wouldn't cross that line and hurt the dogs. The dogs are totally innocent. Whoever did this is truely sick. I hope the police investigate and find who did this, no matter who it was though!

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 pm

First let me say; Blaze and Jaeger came home today, they are clear of the antifreeze and their kidney functions check out good. The entire Bannow Tamaskan pack are home safe and sound. That was Phase one of my mission. Phase two is implementing armed security patrols, Phase two is active. Anyone who comes around the house with intent to harm our dogs again will a rude awakining.
I truely hope it wasn't who everyone thinks it was. I would hope another breeder wouldn't cross that line and hurt the dogs. The dogs are totally innocent. Whoever did this is truely sick. I hope the police investigate and find who did this, no matter who it was though!
Actually I hope it is who we all think it is. That person will be easy to find.
If this is some random person, we won't have any leads except by the evidence that was collected.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm

So happy they're all back home and well! :mrgreen:

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Tarheel wrote:First let me say; Blaze and Jaeger came home today, they are clear of the antifreeze and their kidney functions check out good. The entire Bannow Tamaskan pack are home safe and sound.
I am so happy to hear that all 4 are back home now! This is great news!!! :D
Tarheel wrote:Phase two is implementing armed security patrols, Phase two is active. Anyone who comes around the house with intent to harm our dogs again will a rude awakining.
Hell yeah! I hope he returns only so you can put a bullet in his skull - in the meantime, glad to hear security has been upgraded, hope it includes crocodiles & landmines! :twisted:
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Kazee
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Kazee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 pm

I go on an e-hiatus and come back to this? Holy...crap. You have got to be damn kidding me. What sort of heartless person poisons dogs (never mind, I think we all know).

Here's hoping the person is busted and held accountable for this. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend though.

Megaen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Megaen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

So glad to hear the whole pack is home now :D Congrats on getting all your dogs back home I'm so glad they got wonderful care and were saved :D :D

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:37 am

I hope it is HIM..............I would sigh with relief!

cbannow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by cbannow » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 am

Hi all! It's been a while that I have not been on here. I'm back!!!!! :shock: And I'm more than stepping up security. I will be "packing" :twisted: along with John and cameras will be on from all angles of the yard. If it looks "dark" out...we can see you quite well. :mrgreen: I would have rather the COWARD come to the front door to my face than sneak behind my shed like a special op mission to poison my fur-babies. What sick person does a crime like that anyway??? I sure hope they don't own pets...can you imagine how those pets are treated? :cry:

I will not make the mistake again to leave my dogs for one moment unsupervised, trust me on that. (and on Easter morning, too! coincidence... NOT, lucky for us we watch our dogs and caught it fast.) I was sad at first that this even happened (beyond belief sad). Who can believe this would happen anyway??? A human ( :roll: not quite really) took the time and effort to try and kill a pack of our precious Tamaskans. I think it's obvious why and WHO. I think they will be quite popular in prison, too. They like animal killers there as much as child molesters. In North Carolina it's a class H Felony for this and that would be JAIL and repayment/fines. I read one place 3 years and another is up to 10 years. OH!!! and that's multiplied by 4 counts or 4 dogs poisoned. I want the police to do their jobs and so far I'm not disappointed in the detectives involved. They are informed and want to help ;) John and I cannot give out specifics so the police can have their best chances at stopping this disturbed person once and for all. Just know we appreciate the thoughts and prayers....I do believe in what goes around comes around and justice will be done.

Thanks to all those donating on the site for the emergency vet bill, too! It's been a crazy week in the Bannow household. I'm looking forward to relaxing with the pups and my kids this weekend :P With my guard UP at all times, of course. All dogs are doing great!!! and had a nice scrub in the tub earlier (all are 3 shades lighter:) lol...nice and clean!
Tarheel Tamaskan
North Carolina, USA

“Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”
~Marilyn Monroe~

Julie
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Julie » Sun May 01, 2011 3:37 am

Holy Crap! I am just reading this now about what happened! First let me say John and Tina I am so relieved that all your babies are going to be ok. Why this world has such people, no, I mean mentally deranged piece of shit scum bag excuse for human beings! :evil: I sooo hope that the police can get some fingerprints from that bowl or plastic wrap and be able to identify that no good piece of shit who did that! OMG :evil: Stuff like that gets my blood boiling! If it's a man(although poor exuse for one) behind all this, I say "string him up by his Balls!" I will be checking out that donation link soon, too, which I think is such a good idea, :) I hope you get lots of help

cbannow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by cbannow » Sun May 01, 2011 6:41 am

Yes we are lucky...they will be fine. There is NO lasting damage to their kidneys or other related health risks...they are clear. We ARE LUCKY! We know it. The vet said it was our fast acting that saved them. You better believe I want this person behind bars and would love some private time with them so they could see how my pups suffered. I have moved from sad victim to angry but focused :shock: victim with a purpose...JUSTICE!

Tina
Tarheel Tamaskan
North Carolina, USA

~Marilyn Monroe~

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 pm

i'm so sorry to hear you went thru that... sorry it's late, having internet problems. i really hope they catch he/she who can't be named. then they can rehome his dogs too. it makes me ashamed to be the same species as low lifes like that.
blufawn wrote:We will have a collection for you at the UK show next month, so everyone bring lots of change, because we will be emptying your pockets
:lol: :lol: :lol: be warned...

i'll have change for that reason (but it will be my partners pockets you'll have to hunt down, he's the change keeper ;) )

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Sun May 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Huge sigh of relief that everyone is home and safe. Really glad to hear that you're happy so far with the performance of the detectives, keep us updated!
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

cbannow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by cbannow » Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 am

Thanks everybody! You all are awesome as usual 8-) I'll keep you guys informed. There should be another post by the Technician (NCSU paper) tomorrow (monday) I hope it's a good one:)

Tina
Tarheel Tamaskan
North Carolina, USA

~Marilyn Monroe~

Ciel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Ciel » Wed May 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Thank goodness they're all okay!!
I hope whoever it was that did this gets caught soon and punished accordingly. >(

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm glad to here they are okay, it is INSANE what people do these days. I hope you guy guys can find whomever did this.
Katurah

winterblitz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by winterblitz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Have the police found anything offical about who poisoned the dogs? I know everyone is speculating on who did it; but has anything actually offical been found out?

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:46 pm

:evil: basterds :evil: how can they do that so such beautyful dogs, they weren't hurting anyone :evil: :( It's good to hear that there getting better but I hope the person responsible is punished

CSpiker86
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by CSpiker86 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 am

:) its awesome to hear your dogs are doing well. :evil: hope whoever did this gets sooo busted. payback is a * :evil:

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi guys - I'm just spending the morning reading through the forum and came across this - I had no idea this had happened! Did The Bastard get caught? Did the police find anything to identify whoever did this?

Sion
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Likewise, I just came to this shocking story. Glad everyone came through ok, and a round of applause to the vets. I hope the sick perp gets the book thrown at him. Have there been developments that you can tell us about?
"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert Heinlein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

I've heard about the possible agressor who probably did poisen the dogs from another user on here before - I find it shocking that they would even go as far and beyond some smear websites to actually harm the established breeders.

It disgusts me that someone would want to harm these dogs in order to 'get the owners good'
And even if it's not this person everyone seems to suspect, it's still a sick thing to do!

I'm glad to read though that the dogs are able to pull through are recovering now. I hope they'll get well soon and I wish you all the best!

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:32 am

TParham86 wrote::evil: basterds :evil: how can they do that so such beautyful dogs, they weren't hurting anyone :evil: :( It's good to hear that there getting better but I hope the person responsible is punished
....and by punished, i hope that means strung up by the b@lls and used as a pinata until every bone in their bodies are smashed. I am unfortunately consistently bewildered by some peoples actions.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Czertice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Czertice » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:35 pm

The sick person that did that deserves to be served his share of antifreeze! :evil: It makes me mad every time I hear about dogs being poisoned. I think you are extremely lucky your dogs survived, here in Czech Republic I hear about dogs poisoned to death every three months or so. These dogs die in excrutiating pain - and for what? Because they exist?
I hate how helpless dog owners are against this. A big fence doesn't help, poisoned food can still be thrown over it. And if anybody has a walking trashcan like I do, he would have to put a waterproof muzzle on his dog every single time they go out.
I'm glad your dogs are recovering already, and I hope the police will find a way how to catch the person who did that.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Can't believe it has been a year since they were poisoned... Glad they don't seem to have any lasting effects. Hoping this will not effect their chances for having successful litters in the future.

Chantelle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Chantelle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 am

Hi and best wishes to all the Tarheel pack!

I was simply stunned to read this just now. I am a newbie to this forum, although I wish I had joined when I first started learning about this exceptional breed over a year ago, it is FULL of so much info. I actually emailed you guys aways back then enquiring about upcoming litters and got a gracious response. I've been checking your website for updates regularly, apparently I should have been on this forum!!! My heart and sympathies go out to you all for ordeal you've been put through, I am thrilled that they are all recovered and doing well, I have thought right from the beginning that Blaze is a beautiful dog, as are the rest. I hope that whoever did this has no opportunity to do it again to anyone. Take Care

Chantelle

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 am

Yes, It has been a year since the Tarheel pack was poisoned. Everyone is doing well and we even have included one more to the pack, Nusia. The person who poisoned our dogs is still out there. Will this person do this again to us or somebody else? Possibly. We are always on the lookout. We have security cameras and lighting around the house, among other means of protections as well.
Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and prayers for Blaze, Kana, Jaeger, and Sequoia. Please continue to pray that this person gets whats comng to him for poisoning dogs.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm

That is really disappointing - I hope the police are keeping an eye on any suspects. I think the cameras and security lighting are great ideas - something I'll definitely look into in the future when I have a pack of my own. You're setting a great example for the rest of us x

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I, for one, strongly believe that whether these cowards get caught by police or not they will pay, and dearly. Sometimes we just have to believe that, whatever your faith, a "higher" power will do what is necessary to eliminate this vermin from the face of the earth (hopefully in a very, very, painfully slow way. :x

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 am

Whoever did this to my most favourite Tamaskan pack last year, I hope he/she get fined to the maximum! It's disgusting and unforgivable! :x

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Seen on facebook :

everyone please pray for the Tarheel Tamaskan pack - they were poisoned AGAIN this morning (around the same time as last year) probably by the same sick scumbag.... lets hope the police have enough evidence to prosecute him this time...

That happened again :( Please pray for them!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri May 04, 2012 1:25 pm

With the NTCA show coming up and Tarheel planning a litter for this summer, it's not surprising that he struck again - I just hope the police will arrest him now... prison is too good for him, he deserves a taste of his own 'medicine'. :evil: :evil:

Praying the dogs will be OK :cry: :cry:
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Again???!!!! Omg! I hope they pull through again.
Image Image

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Fri May 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Nooo! Not again surely? WTF is going through this sick scumbag's brain? Does he even possess one?

Hoping for a speedy recovery and a long prison sentence.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri May 04, 2012 2:03 pm

I am very devastated and don't know how to describe my thoughts as there is no words to describe it. :evil: I am willing to help the Bannow couple with all the best I could do despite the long distance. :( This is insane... outrageous!!! :evil: WHAT THE **** is this LOWLIFE trashhead even THINKING?! Pulling the SAME stunt at around the SAME time as last year! This coward is DEFINITELY going to get it! No doubt! I hope he suffers :evil:

Happening almost the same time as last year. This is VERY unbelievable! This person would pull the stunt a SECOND time despite the neighbourhood now being protected with high security! What the world is he thinking?! I'd love to kill that individual who did this to the dogs not once but TWICE although my primary concern at the moment is the dogs' recovery. I pray for them to recover from all this rapidly and that they'll be running in the fields happily again pretty soon.

南無阿彌陀佛

Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Dozer » Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm

What? Again? Are they all doing fine.
Did they know who did this.
Who does such a thing :shock:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Dozer wrote:What? Again? Are they all doing fine.
Did they know who did this.
Who does such a thing :shock:
All we know right now, Humas, is that John has rushed the dogs to the vet. But I'm sure others will keep this topic updated as we get more info. At the moment, lets us all pray to whatever we believe in for the dogs' recovery. One thing's for sure, if the person who did this is the same individual from last year (which everyone's suspecting at the moment), he is VERY dumb!

Rhokk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Rhokk » Fri May 04, 2012 2:22 pm

I hope the dogs get better soon. I hope they catch the man responsible for this heinous crime. I would say more, but I don't think it would be well suited for this forum.