Tamaskan fan from Holland!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Tessaatjhe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Tamaskan fan from Holland!

Post by Tessaatjhe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi!

My name is Tessa and I live in Gelderland, Holland/The Netherlands. For a few months now, I've been reading and studying all sorts of things about the Tamaskan.

It began by searching for information about the Saarloos and Czech wolfdog. I saw Google had made a list of relatable dogs, with the Tamaskan first in the list. And I fell in love! Its character, the looks.. wolf looks but with the character of a dog. And the history! So many breeds have been used to make the beautiful Tamaskan as it is now!

I'm wondering if the're Tamaskan owners in the neighbourhood (and on this forum) who want to do a little meet and greet so I can see the breed in person? Or maybe Tamaskan owners around the world who want to share their Tamaskan story (character).

I would appreciate it! :)

Tessa

Cvdberg
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Tamaskan fan from Holland!

Post by Cvdberg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 am

Hi Tessa,

Welcome to the forum!

There is a Dutch Facebook group (Tamaskan NL) for people who own or are interested in the Tamaskan, have you found it? Every once in a while walks are organized, so that would probably be a nice opportunity to meet multiple Tamaskans and their owners. You could also ask if there are people in your neighborhood who you can visit (or meet somewhere) to meet their tamaskans. I'm not sure how many members of the Facebook group are active on the forum so chances are you will get more responses if you ask in the Facebook group :)

Best,
Cindy

Tessaatjhe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tessaatjhe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello Cindy!

Thank you for your reply. I'm a member of that group since last week, and they indeed organize events and walks. They did a Tamaskan day last Sunday but unfortunately I was on a holiday (that wasn't the unfortunate part of course).

But that group does focuses on bigger events, and I'm looking for a one on one meetings for now. With that said, if I was able to go Sunday, I don't think I would know where to start, there were so many people!

l've asked about people in the neighbourhood in that group but just maybe I can reach some other Tamaskan owners here as well. (Inter- and national).

But again thank you! Do you have Tamaskans?

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Goedenavond Tessa! Welkom. The forum isn't as active as it used to be so you will find it easier to meet up with people and their Tamaskan on the Tamaskan NL Facebook page. Depending on how close you are to the German border, you could maybe meet some Germans and their Tamaskan. There are a couple of different German groups to join.
Image Image

Cvdberg
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cvdberg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi Tessa!

No, we don't have a tamaskan yet but are on the waitinglist for a pup, so if everything goes well we hope to adopt a pup around the end of 2017/begin of 2018 :D

Ah I didn't see your question about if there are tamaskans that are located nearby where you live in the facebook group, chances are other people missed the question as well, so you could probably give it another try.

There are two (future) breeders located in Gelderland (see this link: http://www.tamaskan-dog.nl/fokkerij/aan ... n-fokkers/). You could also try sending them an email/facebook message to ask if you could visit to meet their tamaskans (or meet them somewhere).

Hope that helps!

Tessaatjhe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tessaatjhe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Thank you Booma! I've joined this forum because a breeder recommended it on their site, but maybe it was outdated information. And I'm actually not far from the German border, so I will look at German groups too.

Cindy, I looked for my post but you're right, it cannot be seen so easily. I asked the question as a comment when someone welcomed me to the group. I thought every member would get a notification, but that of course doesn't mean they immediately see my comment! So I should post a new one, thank you for (not) noticing and informing me about it! ;)

And how exciting! I will keep my eyes open for your pictures on the Facebook page when the time is there (if you're going to share them). On who's waiting list are you on? If you don't want to share that information I understand.

My goal is to get as much information and meet some other owners, and then maybe look for a Tamaskan around 2019.

I will definitely look at the links you send me and try to make contact.

Thank you both, and seeing that this forum isn't indeed really in great use, I will mostly use the Facebook page Tamaskan NL for information etc.

Cvdberg
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cvdberg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:02 pm

No problem, I hope that you can meet a few tamaskans in person!

Yes very exciting! We are on the waiting list for a pup of Eyza x Noah, the litter has been announced last week (Kennel name is 'of the Wolfpack') :D.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your visits here! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tessaatjhe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tessaatjhe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Oh yes I saw the post and picture! Very beautiful! :)

Tessaatjhe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tessaatjhe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:46 pm
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your visits here! :D
Thank you! Love your dogs! Such beauties. :D

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 am

Cvdberg wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Yes very exciting! We are on the waiting list for a pup of Eyza x Noah, the litter has been announced last week (Kennel name is 'of the Wolfpack') :D.

I love noah! How exciting!
Image Image

Cvdberg
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cvdberg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Booma wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 am
Cvdberg wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:02 pm

I love noah! How exciting!
Yes, we love the combination!😍 Still a pretty long wait though haha